The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

How did you grocery delivery experience go? Havent been to WBC in over a yr, curious of any changes. We would like to have groceries and alocohol delivered as well. We used instacart in the past and had to be there to pick up liquor ( show ID ) We are about to purchase our flights for end of january and I believe will land around 345. so wanting to have things planned to arrive around the time we do.

just fine. Groceries came before check-in but they sent them to the room after we got there. I ended up going to ABC liquors by the winn-dixie on vineland for booze. WBC front desk told me I had to be thereto show ID for alcohol so I just went and grabbed it myself.

BTW I thought alcohol was pricey at the speedway. We grabbed a 12 pack for the first night and it was a few dollars more than ABC liquors, so Just an FYI

Hi All-
I am trying to decide if I should change our reservations from Pop, to Bonnet Creek. We are changing our trip from Mardi Gras week to Spring Break, one packed week to another! LOL ANYWAY. I need advice. We have two rooms at Pop but thinking we could have one larger room at BC, and be more comfortable. It is me and husband- 3 boys, 13,10, & 7 along with my Mother in law. I get along with her fine. Her staying with us is never an issue, she is always on our Disney trips.

So what does everyone think? We have always stayed on site in a DISNEY Bubble hotel- this would be first "non-bubble" hotel.

I'm late to your question, but with no EMH or FPs the perks of staying at a Disney resort are fewer and fewer. WBC is bigger, it's cheaper, you'll have a full kitchen (great even just for breakfast) and private laundry. It's a no brainer to me.

I would go with a 3-Bedroom for your family. You can have the master, two kids can stay together and one kid can stay with your MIL.

I haven't been to Bonnet Creek in about 10 years so I am hoping everyone can help with some questions. We just booked a last minute Christmas-NYE trip. We couldn't believe how cheap airfare was, so it was a no brainer.

1. What is the cheapest and easiest way to get to and from the airport? We won't have a car and can't justify the price of a rental car.

2. Groceries, how and where from? I read some people have them when they arrive?

3. To and From parks? Uber the easiest/cheapest? Have you ever had a problem getting an Uber back from the parks in the evening?

4. Are there things to do around the resort? Last time we went they didn't even have the pirate ship pool.

5. Are the pools warm?

6. Do people wear masks in the elevators?

7. Does the resort offer any deals on Disney tickets? It has been 10 years but they would sell you half price tickets if you did a timeshare tour.

2. We used Dizzy Dolphin. I think there are cheaper options, but their service is just so amazing! We even had them make us platters with cut meat/cheese, fruits, and veggies so we had something solid to snack on all week. It was so appreciated!

3. We did Lyft one day and it was so easy we said we wouldn't rent a car next trip. There were always tons of cars available in the area, and even an hour past park closing we got an XL there in 2 minutes. The XLs both times were vehicles big enough for our 5 people plus double stroller.

6. We never saw people without masks at the resort (and hardly any at Disney!). Elevators are one party at a time generally, so not an issue but I am sure people wore them there as well.

Glad to hear masks are being worn. In all honesty our state is great with compliance. We want to plan a late Spring trip (pending vaccine) but want to make sure Florida calms down in the Covid numbers.

I haven't been to Bonnet Creek in about 10 years so I am hoping everyone can help with some questions. We just booked a last minute Christmas-NYE trip. We couldn't believe how cheap airfare was, so it was a no brainer.

1. What is the cheapest and easiest way to get to and from the airport? We won't have a car and can't justify the price of a rental car.

2. Groceries, how and where from? I read some people have them when they arrive?

3. To and From parks? Uber the easiest/cheapest? Have you ever had a problem getting an Uber back from the parks in the evening?

4. Are there things to do around the resort? Last time we went they didn't even have the pirate ship pool.

5. Are the pools warm?

6. Do people wear masks in the elevators?

7. Does the resort offer any deals on Disney tickets? It has been 10 years but they would sell you half price tickets if you did a timeshare tour.
Welcome back!
I have used Wal-Mart to deliver groceries and it was great. They even deliver beer and wine!
We also use uber/lyft frequently. We have both apps on our phones so we can compare. Sometimes uber is cheaper/sometimes Lyft.
Pools are definitely heated. Was there last week and it was really chilly outside and there were still people in the pool!
Right now there are very few organized activities at the resort because of Covid. You can still mini golf and they are selling craft kits instead of the kids making them together.
Everyone is very good about wearing masks both at the resort and at the parks. At the pools they are cleaning the chairs the second you vacate them!

We’ve always stayed in 2BR but have a 3BR booked for the next trip. Does anyone know where the 3 BR deluxe are located/ which buildings, etc?

Anyone have the inside scoop on when hot tubs might be reopened?
No inside scoop, but they were closed for social distancing because of the pandemic, so when those measures end hopefully they will reopen. I have read that social distancing and mask wearing will likely continue into 2022. Hopefully, things will get better faster.

Anyone who had recently been there have info on the on site restaurants? We have never used them in the past but with covid, we may want to try one or two for carry out. I looked online but it’s hard to gauge what’s open and what’s really on site. Tia!

Hi all! Anyone who has been lately or any Wyndham owners have a list of what’s open and what’s closed at WBC? For example, are the outdoor grill areas open? Mini golf? Ice cream shop at the hotel? TIA. We are anxiously counting down the days until our trip!

Are there any 3-bedroom units on the 1st or 2nd floors? My DSon is terrified of heights and even looking out of the window of a tall building makes him panic that he will fall. (ETA: He's a kid with special needs, so trying to reason with him isn't realistic.)

We will be there next week and the temps are looking a little chilly for swimming. How heated are the pools?

Are there any 3-bedroom units on the 1st or 2nd floors? My DSon is terrified of heights and even looking out of the window of a tall building makes him panic that he will fall. (ETA: He's a kid with special needs, so trying to reason with him isn't realistic.)
There are definitely 3 bedroom units on the first floor. I went for a girlfriends trip last December and we had 2 of them right next door to each other. They are usually located at the tail end of the buildings

There are definitely 3 bedroom units on the first floor. I went for a girlfriends trip last December and we had 2 of them right next door to each other. They are usually located at the tail end of the buildings
Thank you for sharing such extremely helpful information!! Do you happen to remember the numbers of your units? (Asking so I can specifically request one of those with fingers and toes crossed. ;) )

We are staying for a long weekend in February. I know WBC doesn't technically accept room reservations ahead of time but has anyone had luck calling the day of a reservation to request a view before they actually get there? It's our friend's first visit and we want a good view! We will get to the resort around 1 p.m. and I'm afraid all of the good condos will be gone! Edited to add- which towers have 3 bedroom deluxe units? We have only rented 2 bedroom units in the past. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone who had recently been there have info on the on site restaurants? We have never used them in the past but with covid, we may want to try one or two for carry out. I looked online but it’s hard to gauge what’s open and what’s really on site. Tia!
We were there over Thanksgiving and all of the restaurants were open. We ordered pizza from La Cocina by Tower 2. They deliver to the rooms, or you can pick it up. We also ate at Escuedos Bar and Grill by Tower 5 (I think) and the outdoor bar by the Wyndham Grand Hotel pool. I think they all had limited menus, but we found something delicious at all the locations. As far as I can remember, all of the restaurants were open in the hotel and within the resort. Enjoy!

We were there over Thanksgiving and all of the restaurants were open...
This was our experience in early November too. We also got ice cream at the (fairly new) ice cream shop Scoooops, in the WBC's lobby building. People were also checking out mini golf clubs and table tennis equipment to play. At check-in, we were given a slip of paper with a mark that we could scan on our smartphone... to see what DVDs were available for free loan. We were told to text the desk to request DVDs or board games and they'd be delivered to our room. We also texted any requests for refill supplies (coffee, paper towels, etc.) or a reservation time to use recreational amenities. Almost daily drink specials were posted near pools (ex., $6 mimosas on Sundays). Resort staff really went out of their way to minimize the negative impacts of Covid restrictions. We felt safe and the resort is as beautiful as ever! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter