The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I know if we arrive before check in, WBC can store our luggage. Can they also store grocery items we have with us in a refrigerator?

Also, do all adults need to be present when checking in? The ressie is in my name, and the plan was for dh and I to head over there after checking out of our onsite hotel and check in, get things organized, while our kids and grandkids were at the parks. Can we get any keys or wrist bands for the other adults in the room so they can come back and head straight to our room without having to go to the front desk?

I know if we arrive before check in, WBC can store our luggage. Can they also store grocery items we have with us in a refrigerator?

Also, do all adults need to be present when checking in? The ressie is in my name, and the plan was for dh and I to head over there after checking out of our onsite hotel and check in, get things organized, while our kids and grandkids were at the parks. Can we get any keys or wrist bands for the other adults in the room so they can come back and head straight to our room without having to go to the front desk?
Only the lead adult on the reservation needs to be present to check in. You can request as many keycards as you want, and when you go to the person who gives the wristbands (who will try to sign you up for a timeshare presentation, just say no!) you can just tell them how many adults and how many children you have. The adult wristbands can open the door to your room (they're really just mini keycards on a bracelet), the kids wristbands cannot.

Not sure about the refrigerator because I've never asked but I think the answer to that is no.

One other thing I’d add, in my experience, if you don’t care where your room is, they frequently will let you check in early. Just let the front desk know you don’t care where your room is and would really appreciate it if they have any rooms available. On my last trip I checked in at 1 and got into the room immediately.

Last edited:
One other thing I’d add, in my experience, if you don’t care where your room is, they frequently will let you check in early. Just let the front desk know you don’t care where your room is and would really appreciate it if they have any rooms available. On my last trip I checked in at 1 and got into the room immediately.
Thanks. We'll see how the day is. If it's not pool weather we probably won't go early.
Do you know if grocery delivery can be brought right to our tower, or would we have to meet them in lobby?

Help! I need some input. Our trip is December 16 (in 2 weeks). My son and daughter in-law just had their 2 bedroom cancelled, and it was booked through Extra Holidays. They were sent an email saying it was overbooked, and they made the booking in July! We have our room there (2 bedroom) booked through Expedia for the same dates, but now my son’s family doesn’t have a room there.
My questions:
1. Where is the “safest” place to book for Club Wyndham?
2. Do you think my Expedia booking will be cancelled if Club Wyndham is overbooked?

I’m especially nervous because we will be traveling with a 1 year old and my 85 year old mother in-law. So, we being flexible with last minute disasters is difficult. It is also important for us to all be at the same property because we will be taking turns babysitting the baby on park days.

Help! I need some input. Our trip is December 16 (in 2 weeks). My son and daughter in-law just had their 2 bedroom cancelled, and it was booked through Extra Holidays. They were sent an email saying it was overbooked, and they made the booking in July! We have our room there (2 bedroom) booked through Expedia for the same dates, but now my son’s family doesn’t have a room there.
My questions:
2. Do you think my Expedia booking will be cancelled if Club Wyndham is overbooked?

I’m especially nervous because we will be traveling with a 1 year old and my 85 year old mother in-law. So, we being flexible with last minute disasters is difficult. It is also important for us to all be at the same property because we will be taking turns babysitting the baby on park days.
That really stinks. Extra Holidays is the “official” rental vehicle for Club Wyndham Properties, it is owned and operated by Wyndham itself. I’d call the resort to check if I were in your shoes, they can confirm a reservation for you.

My questions:

Your Expedia booking is probably an owner reservation and owner reservations will have a higher priority when it comes to how they determine who to cancel. Expedia allows for owner rentals in much the same way as Vrbo or Airbnb.

As for what place is "safe"? The safest was Extra Holidays. You can try Redweek or Go-Koala to see if they have anything out there. They would be owner reservations also and the only real risk there (albeit low) is that Wyndham could cancel the reservation because of the owner renting the week for commercial purposes.

My questions:

This is my worst fear! Did you get it worked out? I would have thought Extra Holidays would be the safest. If it comes to having to book somewhere else to be all together, is your expedia reservation refundable?

This is why I purchased Club Wyndham points on the resale market (for basically nothing, less than closing costs). Rentals at Bonnet Creek remain risky, and if you're going to stay at bonnet creek even once every other year, the value proposition is there for maintenance fees versus the cost of renting. Renting at Club Wyndham always carries with it the risk that your reservation will be cancelled (very close to your trip), leaving you up a creek without a paddle.

Has anyone stayed at BC in February, specifically early February? I have been twice with my family but in March. Weather was so/so early March and wonderful late March. I am pregnant this go around and my preference is to go in Feb as I am due early May. There is lots to do at BC which I love but my kiddos (9, 6, and 2) love swimming and I am hesitant if weather usually isn’t pool friendly in Feb.

Has anyone stayed at BC in February, specifically early February? I have been twice with my family but in March. Weather was so/so early March and wonderful late March. I am pregnant this go around and my preference is to go in Feb as I am due early May. There is lots to do at BC which I love but my kiddos (9, 6, and 2) love swimming and I am hesitant if weather usually isn’t pool friendly in Feb.
There's no way to know in advance what it's going to be like. I go February frequently. The weather can range from chilly to really hot (in February of 2020 I think it was hitting 90). In general I think it's a great time to go, the high temp is most likely going to be in the mid to high 70's, but it can get as high as mid 80's, or as low as mid 60's, and sometimes it'll be mid 60's one day and mid 80's the next. If you're going for a week I'd bet you'll have at least some swimming weather during that week.

We have a 3BD Pres suite booked Dec 23-30 through Go Koala. I’m concerned reading that some people had their reservations canceled. Is that likely with it being a presidential suite? Also, are there fireworks views from all presidential suites or should I ask when we check in?

We have a 3BD Pres suite booked Dec 23-30 through Go Koala. I’m concerned reading that some people had their reservations canceled. Is that likely with it being a presidential suite? Also, are there fireworks views from all presidential suites or should I ask when we check in?
Not all presidential suites have a fireworks view. As far as the cancellation possibility? There are fewer 3 bedroom presidential suites (which are all located in Tower 6) than there are regular 2 bedroom deluxe suites & 1 bedroom deluxe suites (which are located throughout the property). It's hard to quantify cancellation risk. You're probably ok, but I still think it's a good idea to have a backup plan if you are staying in Wyndham on another owner's points through a rental. They can and have cancelled those in the past. It may be even more risky given that you are going during an Owner Priority period (Christmas). You're still *probably* going to be fine, so I don't want to alarm you, but yeah, I'd always have a backup.

I continue to think that renting points to stay at a Wyndham property right now is a bad idea, unless you are using Wyndham's Official Rental Arm (extraholidays). Even that isn't guaranteed due to overbooking, as was reported earlier in this thread, but at least you're not going to get cancelled because the owner renting to you was dinged by Wyndham for "commercial renting."

Not all presidential suites have a fireworks view. As far as the cancellation possibility? There are fewer 3 bedroom presidential suites (which are all located in Tower 6) than there are regular 2 bedroom deluxe suites & 1 bedroom deluxe suites (which are located throughout the property). It's hard to quantify cancellation risk. You're probably ok, but I still think it's a good idea to have a backup plan if you are staying in Wyndham on another owner's points through a rental. They can and have cancelled those in the past. It may be even more risky given that you are going during an Owner Priority period (Christmas). You're still *probably* going to be fine, so I don't want to alarm you, but yeah, I'd always have a backup.

I continue to think that renting points to stay at a Wyndham property right now is a bad idea, unless you are using Wyndham's Official Rental Arm (extraholidays). Even that isn't guaranteed due to overbooking, as was reported earlier in this thread, but at least you're not going to get cancelled because the owner renting to you was dinged by Wyndham for "commercial renting."
How soon would they cancel the reservation? 1 week/2 weeks out?

There have been very, very few of these cancelations reported here or on the Timeshare Users Group forum.

When you consider the volume of rentals at WBC, they make up a tiny, tiny percentage.

Most of them were reported a couple of years ago when Wyndham created blackout dates for some resorts, like WBC. A lack of understanding of the rules and confusion hit a few people, but there were no widespread cancelations reported.

As for someone getting an Extra Holidays reservation canceled, that also is unusual. I don't recall seeing a previous report about that. Overbooking and walking guests are far more common in the hotel industry than the timeshare industry.

That said, when you travel anywhere "something" can happen. Bad weather, canceled flights, flat tires, overbooking, computer glitches. A pipe could burst and flood some rooms, leading to overbooking. I recall that happened several years ago.

Yesterday a flight from Orlando to the Northeast was diverted to Jacksonville because of a bomb threat by a passenger. That wouldn't be fun.

If you look at Redweek and eBay listings, there are hundreds of people renting stays at WBC on those sites alone. The rental market at WBC continues to be huge.

I've stayed at BC (home resort) late January into February past 3 years (plus this upcoming trip). It's honestly the roll of the dice.
Florida weather is goofy. Drops suddenly, rises suddenly. We don't use the pools normally but on all trips there were definitely people in the pools. But we were at Grand Flo couple years ago and FL had a humungous FREEZE first week in December (when it should have been very nice. It was colder there than in the Midwest. I mean UNDER 30 and my dear son in law went swimming. We had Puffer jackets on.

Honestly though, the past 3 snow birding years and many back & forth trips to Disney from Cocoa Beach, we did hit very nice days in March. Certainly not hot but could swim if you don't walk around totally wet.
But again, you just don't know. I'm sorry I'm no help.

Sorry your 'timing' is off because May is terrific. Favorite Disney trip is always May.

Hope everything goes wonderful for you.

You're not going to be able to get the sheets "changed" but you can probably ask for extra sheets and change them yourself (or you can wash them and change them). They will give you unlimited laundry detergent.
Back from Bonnet Creek- You were right, I asked for the sheets to be changed 5 days or 7 days out- NOPE, I even offered to pay for it, I was told 14 days out!!

We did put the dirty towels in a bag outside our door and they did bring us new towels and left them on the table. The man at the desk was terrible about us not wanting to go on the 30 minute speech- I must have told him 10 times NO- finally he said ok. Then the phone calls in the unit started. I ended up unplugging the phone. I know this is their job but take NO as an answer, stop badgering people!!

I have a random question about timeshare rental at WBC. I have rented through eBay, redweek, and even vacation strategy (although I have a credit with them because of the pandemic cancelling our trip). If WBC is showing no availability now for a type of unit, is there a possibility that a unit will open up within a 60 day window? I just wasn’t sure how all of that works in the background. I know some owners will check and rebook for a cheaper rate if in the 60 day window, but I am not clear on if/how they suddenly become available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter