Theresa & Scott's AtHome PJ 9-19-09 UPDATED-Trip Report Started 9/30/09

Cute bunny cake....brought back memories of the lamb cake my Nana used to make for us! I should do one for my kids now - thanks for reminding me!!)

Dress looks GREAT!!!!!!!! - what did you decide about those earrings???????

Cute bunny cake....brought back memories of the lamb cake my Nana used to make for us! I should do one for my kids now - thanks for reminding me!!)

Dress looks GREAT!!!!!!!! - what did you decide about those earrings???????

Thanks! I actually think the earrings will go well it is, based on the picture of the beading that i have, so I think I'm going to get them - I just have to wait for them to go on sale again!

Cuuuuuute bunny cake!!!! How did it go with your sister??

It was...awkward. Mainly because she doesn't know that I know that she's married, and the only other people who know are my parents, and we were with my mom's entire extended family on Easter.

I have the feeling that there is going to be a lot of awkwardness coming up in the future, because now that my mom is putting it out there that she isn't going to put any money towards a "wedding" if my sister wants one, I think that my sister is going to resent my wedding. And since she's the maid(well, matron, I guess) of honor, I'm kind of dreading to see what stunt's she'll try to pull.

Aww, well I hope your sister doesn't make anything akward!! She put herself in that position, and she shouldn't take it out on you!

Parent Gift and Registry updates!!

So for my gift to my parents after the wedding, I wanted to do something really meaningful for them. In talking to my parents about their wedding, I learned two things:

1) That my mom never officially had an album, just a box of proofs, and

2) That a family friend wrote and performed their first dance song live at their wedding.

So I figured this gave me two options - to make my parents a wedding album, or to get an actual recording of the song their friend wrote for them.

I had no idea where their pictures were, so trying to get that information from my parents was a little difficult, but I was talking to my mom last night and mentioned that I might want to "recreate" a picture from their wedding at our wedding, so it would be helpful if she could find them for me to look through. So then it's just a matter of figuring out how to sneak them out of the house for a little while without my parents noticing.

The other project was a little more difficult because though I knew the friends name and got the address from my parents, he had an unlisted phone number. So last weekend, I wrote him a letter, telling him my idea and asking him to call me - two days after I sent it, I heard back from him! He had good and bad news. The bad news was that around that time, he had written songs for two other weddings, and they were all similarly named, so he doesn't know which one is my parents. The good news is that he has them all written down, along with the chords, so once we figure out what the song is, he'll be able to record it! He also plays music regularly with a bunch of other musicians and said that if I figure out which song it is, he could probably convince a few of them to join him in the studio, and he'll arrange parts for other instruments like a violin, keyboard, etc. =D

it's going to take some work to get all this info without making my parents suspicious, but things are definitely moving along, which makes me happy!

Now for the registry...my mom told me last night that she found her cake serving set from my parents wedding, and asked if I would want to use that for mine, and of course I said Yes! So I went to take off the set I had put on the registry, and saw that two things had been purchased in the last few days!!! So we now have our flatware and these little serving bowls. I don't think any shower stuff has gone out yet because I haven't given anybody a list of names or addresses, but it's still exciting! It's going to be so much harder to avoid looking now!

No peeking at that registry!!!!!!!!

You are moving along very well, exciting!!)

hehehe. At least (this time) it wasn't intentional =P

I do want to be surprised by somethings, so I think from now on, I might make FI check and let me know if anything has been discontinued that we might need to change.

Woohoo!

I saw that the schedule for the Star Wars Weekends had been posted, so I figured I would take a look, and saw that one weekend the actors who played Darth Vader and Boba Fett will BOTH be there - I passed it along to the fiance, and now he's considering making a trip down to Disney then =D So I might get to go in 5 weeks!

We've got to look at our finances and make sure it's doable, so that we'll still be able to pay off the honeymoon as well as our other expenses for the wedding and rent, etc, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I had a friend working on my Save the Dates, and she just sent me the final drafts!

Here is what they look like (The actual ones have our wedding website on them)

2j18n79.jpg

I'm going to upload the HQ PDF version she sent me to Vista Print this weekend, so hopefully I will receive them by the end of next week, and get them mailed out the following week! They'll be receiving the invites in about two months, so we're definitely really behind on all this, but my mom just decided she wanted to send them out, so we are.

Hi! Thought of you yesterday I was in our JC Penneys and they had earrings very similar to ones you were thinking about (dont think they exact same, but I thought of you) check your maybe you'll get lucky and can see them in your hands?!?!?!?!?!?

Hi! Thought of you yesterday I was in our JC Penneys and they had earrings very similar to ones you were thinking about (dont think they exact same, but I thought of you) check your maybe you'll get lucky and can see them in your hands?!?!?!?!?!?

Ohhh thanks! There is one about 2 minutes down the road from my apartment, so I'll have to make a trip there this weekend.

I actually tracked down someone on theknot who got the earrings I was looking at, and they said they didn't really like the top part because of the way it goes over the front of your ear, so I'm actually now open to looking at other earrings also. But maybe the ones you saw will be a better fit for me =)

In other news, I now have a wedding band!

137279.jpg

2309399.jpg

This is the ring my dad gave my mom for their 10 year wedding anniversary. It doesn't fit her anymore, so she offered to get it resized for me to use =)

Also, an update on my parent gifts...I was talking to my mom this past weekend about her wedding, and she brought our her wedding album which had a copy of her program, and there in it I was able to see the name of the song my parents friend wrote for them!! So I was finally able to call him this week and pass that information along. He's going to practice the song and see if he can write some parts for other instruments and get back to me later so we can figure out a time to record.

I called a place about invitations this week also, but if I want to use them, we'll need to place an order by the end of next week, so I'm going to have to make a quick decision.

Wow what a lucky discovery on the song for your parents! And you must be so excited to have your ring now! PS - The earrings I saw were on the clearance rack but they had tons of bridal looking stuff here in King of Prussia, PA! We were searching for Senior Prom stuff for my daughter - without her dress we couldn't decide there (and without her hair done up) so we wound up with 3 or 4 different pairs!!)

Wow what a lucky discovery on the song for your parents! And you must be so excited to have your ring now! PS - The earrings I saw were on the clearance rack but they had tons of bridal looking stuff here in King of Prussia, PA! We were searching for Senior Prom stuff for my daughter - without her dress we couldn't decide there (and without her hair done up) so we wound up with 3 or 4 different pairs!!)

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'm going to go to the mall tomorrow and see if I can find anything I like with some of the Memorial Day sales going on =)

Some updates - last week, I put in an order for our invitations! Originally we were going to do them ourselves, but someone directed me towards a website where the prices were so good, I couldn't resist. Here are some pictures of the style we're going to have printed:

1702606.jpg
1279181.jpg

5341936.jpg
4207149.jpg

I gave them the details for the invites, and told them what colors/fonts/monogram we want, so now I just have to wait for them to contact me with a proof.

Also: I think I have a tentative schedule for my ADRs/park days. I have a month until I can call to make them, and they may change once the park hours come out, but I feel good about what I have so far. So, my two reader (=P) What do you think?

Tuesday 9/22
Flight Arrives 11:00
Exploring Resort (CSR)
Dinner at Raglan Road
MNSSHP
------------------------------
Wednesday 9/23
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Ohana
-------------------------------
Thursday 9/24
DHS Morning/Epcot afternoon
Lunch at Sci Fi
Food and Wine Soft Opening
Friday 9/25
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Dinner at somewhere in City Walk
Halloween Horror Nights
--------------------------------
Saturday 9/26
Kennedy Space Center
Dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse
Sunday 9/27
Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
------------------------------
Monday 9/28
Epcot
Lunch at Rose and Crown
Tuesday 9/29
DHS
Lunch at Prime Time Cafe
Flight leaves at 6:00 PM

We have the park hoppers, so the park listed for each day is just a guess to where we would spend the majority of the day - we'll probably switch it up at some point.

Well you two will be taking Orlando on full steam!!)

Heh, yeah. We definitely wanted to go to Universal, since that's where we got engaged, and fiance is a big space nut, so part of the reason I was able to get him to agree to a Disney honeymoon was by offering up the Kennedy Space Center. Plus, it'll be nice to have somewhere else to be on the Saturday while we're there, since I'm sure the parks will be packed

I have a few updates!

I had my second fitting today. so I was able to get some more shots of the dress - in the pictures, the little areas that look rippled are where the seamstress already started pinning things for a few more alterations

8353518.jpg

7369437.jpg

My dad brought his mom down to the store so she could see the dress, so I made sure to get a picture of us together also

9859609.jpg

They had me try on some jewelry while I was there, and they had a bracelet I LOVED, but it was a little out of my price range, so I'm going to find something similar (and cheaper!) on eBay or Etsy

29238s1.jpg

And today in the mail my hair comb came in!

1158602.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter