Thinking of Christmas

Just sharing,,,feel free to use.
While I made this to use at Disney I still think it could be done at home.🎅

zNST0Ra.jpg

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Christmas this year will just be our household.

My mother doesn't drive far in the snow and would normally take the train just after Christmas to spend a week or so with us, but that won't happen this year as taking the train is out.

If she isn't able to make the drive before the snow starts we won't see her again until spring. With our city dropped into modified phase 2, things are not looking good for a visit in the next several weeks.

I have officially crossed over into crafty land (a place I had avoided for 45 years....) because I am now the proud owner of a very orange brand new Gorilla Glue Gun! My DD (9) is VERY artistic and homeschooled so we may need a she-shed soon for all of her supplies! I just loaded up on Christmas craft supplies (ribbon, scrabble tiles for names on ornaments, bells, glitter, beads).

We also bake a lot together so we're planning out our holiday goodies. The Moose Farts post was hilarious because I just discovered those on Pinterest a week ago! I've been making the bar version for years, but I love this idea and the name of course!! :D

I have officially crossed over into crafty land (a place I had avoided for 45 years....) because I am now the proud owner of a very orange brand new Gorilla Glue Gun! My DD (9) is VERY artistic and homeschooled so we may need a she-shed soon for all of her supplies! I just loaded up on Christmas craft supplies (ribbon, scrabble tiles for names on ornaments, bells, glitter, beads).

We also bake a lot together so we're planning out our holiday goodies. The Moose Farts post was hilarious because I just discovered those on Pinterest a week ago! I've been making the bar version for years, but I love this idea and the name of course!! :D

I have always wanted to make those scrabble tile ornaments,,thanks for the idea,
although hot glue guns and I have a ouch history.lol
Hugs
Mel
https://www.google.com/search?q=scr...BAgNEDs&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=QrATRChpGmRi-M

Well let’s hope it’s better than thanksgiving . We just had dinner the boys and I at the dining room table the Princess self isolating in her room with a sore throat test booked for tomorrow ( I bet strep as it’s an ongoing battle every year and I feel awful bc the virtual doc won’t give her abxs so she will suffer prob close to a week miss who knows how many days of her new octomeister starts Tuesday )
Has to be better . Although we had a ten day dream Disney trip over the holidays .. that hurts
I do not know where you are located, but is there a local walk in clinic that does the same day strep results? There is one in Georgetown, Ontario that has the results the same day. Not sure how you will get the test to the clinic,but something like that might help - that way you can get the antibiotics quicker. Praying your Christmas goes better!

Thanks Mel
I was just more bummed that my daughter is self isolating in her room for turkey dinner awaiting her results and the big kid ended up getting sick over night and trying to keep everyone separated , bathroom decontaminated , the littles from killing each other .. in just sad we’ve done everything “Right “ and they are both still sick .
Holidays have never been huge for me as I lost my family young so I try to work hard to make them special for them and handing a dinner plate through a half open door sucks ..

And yes we all have skates and were just talking about hoping it’s a good year for lakes freezing . Big kid played rep littlest just starting .

I’m just being whiny . Christmas has to be better . That said I disinfected my pantry area and saw my Christmas stuff and I won’t lie it crossed my mind to start putting stuff up

UOTE="bababear_50, post: 62382490, member: 138340"]
Hi Hon
I Googled your area a few weeks ago to see what things happen there for Christmas and wow hon you have lots of community activities.(I know some will be cancelled this year). Now I know things are going to be different this year but I say buy those kids some skates and a thermos.
My little story:
So I grew up with three brothers and a sister,,,,,if you didn't play hockey you skated.
My dad bless his soul would spend hours every night clearing and flooding a outdoor park community ice rink for us. The city parked an old trailer on the spot and installed the wooden frame but the rest was up to the community,,,now a lot of kids skated but my dad was the only parent who did all the work.
One winter our apt. burnt down when we were young kids and we moved to a small village in a very old farm house with no central heating. We learned a lot about family and our inner strength that many might think was hard on kids but I think it pulled us together in a way most families will never understand.
You are a great mom and you can do this.
Hugs to you
Mel
[/QUOTE]

I probably won't be able to get together with my granddaughter this Christmas.:sad1:
We shall have to do with virtual visit.:cutie:

I am putting together ideas for mini santa sacks day 14 to Day 25 (12 days Christmas ) for her.
I ordered the bags from a Etsy store online.
My biggest obstacle is the gifts have to be able to fit in a very small bag.
I plan to attach little notes to each one.

I was able to order a few things via Body Shop & Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday.
I am still looking for something to put with a set of mini Fairy Lights,,has to be sparkly.
Hopefully everything is going to fit into a shoe box.

I think it's time to let my gold butterfly necklace go............. it was passed onto me via my mom.
My granddaughter is 16 and I think she is old enough to take good care of it.

Well back to planning.....
Hugs
Mel

The 12 stockings. What a great idea of a special gift this year. You always have the best ideas.

It's definitely going to be a different Christmas this year. Getting way back to basics.

I have always wanted to make those scrabble tile ornaments,,thanks for the idea,
although hot glue guns and I have a ouch history.lol
Hugs
Mel
https://www.google.com/search?q=scr...BAgNEDs&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=QrATRChpGmRi-M

I made Scrabble ornaments last year for all the littles in my life. I was able to find used Scrabble games at Value Village for a great price. I used the actual wooden letter holders as well (just sawed them to the right length) and glued the letters in. Then I screwed in a small eye hook at the top and attached a pretty ribbon. I experimented with a bunch of designs and that's the one I decided on.

I am having a long overdue umbilical hernia surgery on December 11, which means I will be out of commission for at least a week. I will have my tree up and decorated, likely put out minimal other decor this year and will need the bulk of my shopping done, dusted and WRAPPED! It will be too late for online shopping at that point, so I will need to be 90% done by the 11th.

I probably won't be able to get together with my granddaughter this Christmas.:sad1:
We shall have to do with virtual visit.:cutie:

I am putting together ideas for mini santa sacks day 14 to Day 25 (12 days Christmas ) for her.
I ordered the bags from a Etsy store online.
My biggest obstacle is the gifts have to be able to fit in a very small bag.
I plan to attach little notes to each one.

I was able to order a few things via Body Shop & Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday.
I am still looking for something to put with a set of mini Fairy Lights,,has to be sparkly.
Hopefully everything is going to fit into a shoe box.

I think it's time to let my gold butterfly necklace go............. it was passed onto me via my mom.
My granddaughter is 16 and I think she is old enough to take good care of it.

Well back to planning.....
Hugs
Mel
Would you be willing to share what you bought at those two stores? I’m doing all my stocking shopping online this year and having some trouble.

My shop so far

1.) Hand warmers ,the kind you crack and they heat up. ( bed bath beyond)
Warm Vanilla hand cream (Body shop)
Hogwarts jelly bean candy box (bed bath beyond).
Coconut oil hand cleanse gel (Body Shop).

2.) Small mini jar Yankee candle (cinnamon) (Bed Bath Beyond)
I'm adding my favorite Mickey Mouse cookie cutter head
and a Mickey Mouse sugar cookie recipe.

3.) Tim's Gift card with red & white Tic Tac gum
Born Lippy lip balm (strawberry) (Body shop).

4.) Bath bombs x3 (Body shop)
Coconut shower wash/cream mini bottle (Body Shop).

5.) Christmas hair ties (Body Shop)
mini bottles of green tea & banana shampoos (Body Shop)

6.) 4 packages of really cool gourmet hot chocolate (Bed bath beyond)
1 mini wooden spoon( Bed bath beyond)

7. Fairy lights (Giant Tiger)
and I think some sparkly nail polish and a nail file (probably Shoppers Drug Mart)

8.) My mom's Gold Butterfly necklace. (from my heart)

9.) Shoppers $25 Gift Card
Burt's Bees Lip balm

10.) Christmas "Believe" bell & ribbon (Amazon.ca)
Kit Kat minis (her favorite chocolate).

11.) Mc Cafe $30.00 Gift Card
Mini Epcot mug ( I bought it and put away a few years ago).

12.) A $100 Amazon gift card.

I will be adding as many sweet treats from (Little Bit Britain store in my local Plaza)
as I can get into the bags.

That's all I have so far.
Hugs
Mel

P.S.
I do have very pretty cotton yarn to make her a scarf BUT I have never made one in my life so I am not promising ,,,lol.

Last edited:
Aww I love gifts like that! It gets harder to buy many things for older (20s) kids. Last year, DS really only wanted/needed money, so I wrapped in boxes different denominations. The big boxes were like $5 and the tiniest box was a $50. I wanted to make sure he had gifts to actually open from us.

Aww I love gifts like that! It gets harder to buy many things for older (20s) kids. Last year, DS really only wanted/needed money, so I wrapped in boxes different denominations. The big boxes were like $5 and the tiniest box was a $50. I wanted to make sure he had gifts to actually open from us.

Hi Hon
I love that idea,,and the truth be known they LOVE getting money.
I filled a bunch of old playdough containers with *dough* one year and they loved it.
Happy planning, and I hope you take time to rest up for the big surgery also.
Hugs
Mel

Our extended family usually buys him gas or grocery gift cards, which I know are not very fun at the time, but last year he didn't have to spend his own money on gas for like two months!

One year my brother made my Mom money flowers using 1 of every bill. He taped them into the shapes of flowers and put them in a flower display. The funny thing was my Mom spent the next year picking all the glue from the tape off the bills. She even washed them and my sister was in hysterics coming home from work to find the money hanging on the laundry line inside. My mother was laundering money - lol.
I tried to find any photos but couldn't

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter