This might seem silly- but when do you give your kids their baths when in WDW?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the Theme Parks board, but thought I might get some better respnses over here on the family board:

Seems silly, but with a busy WDW vacation week - getting up early to hit a character breakfast or a theme park ....getting to the resort late because of a dinner, fireworks or parade ......does anyone have a hard time finding time to give your little ones a bath?? It is tough because I have girls with long hair - you can't just throw them in bed with wet hair like you could a boy .....what do some of you mothers (and dads) of girls do about the bath, hair, blow dry etc - when do you fit it all in

What we do is after we have our afternoon away from the parks break where we use the pool, etc . . .we go back to the room before dinner time and the kids will shower then.

DH and I do ours in the AM . . .I can't function without mine first thing.

I usually give the kids their baths after our afternoon break before we leave for dinner. I've tried to do itin the morning, but it takes too much time and get out for an early breakfast!!! IT works best for us, since DD won't let me use a hairdryer, her hair gets to airdry!!!!

My boys have buzz cuts...so they are totally wash and wear! But my DD is a completely different story! She has to have her hair TOTALLY dry before bed or else it is a disaster (DH learned that the hard way :rolleyes: )....Anyway, we deal with her shower either in the morning, and air-dry her hair, or at our afternoon break, and either air or blow dry depending on time and moods!

We usually do it whenever it's convenient & honestly that usually seems to be during the break before dinner.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. When you have the time that's when they'll get clean!!!!!!! Just have fun!!

Bath???? Isn't that what the pool is for?????;)

Seriously, we almost always do a quick shower right after the afternoon swim, seems easiest.

:D

We've never taken a break from the parks during the afternoon (open to close is our motto) so I always give my kids a bath just before bed. I take several hair bows, bands, etc. for my daughter which keeps her hair out of the way and clean. I give them a bath daily but try to wash her hair only twice during the week and blow it try then (as she falls asleep in my lap!). And, I don't think this is a silly question at all. I had to give some real thought to this before my trips also.

Our 6yo DD has very long hair. I always bring along a plastic shower cap and stuff her hair in that for some baths. That way we can squeeze in a quick "body bath" for her and 9yo DS every day, and a "hair bath" every few days.

3 days into our last vacation, I realised that although they had been swimming, not one of the kids had been officially bathed. So from that day on (tech I did bathe them after I realized it so they only went 2 full days), I tried a quick shower in the am for DS and quick baths before dinner for the 2 dd's

If no night time activities and in the room by 8pm - DS shower - buzz cut easy hair and
bath DD - blow dry hair while watching TV before bed.

If we do the pool in the afternoon and have night time activities - bath & shower
after pool and before dinner.

If we are out all day into evening - come back to the room exausted -
well, it's vacation .... if we have time ..bath & showers in the AM.

Don't sweat it. My kids think when they smell like clorine they are clean.
At least bleached :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter