Thongs on CC Family Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by moinab
a very surgically enhanced chest

To borrow a phrase from AnnMorin "first the formalities": I am not trying to start a new debate nor am I being a smart *ss, I truly have a question:

How do you know that this woman's chest was "surgically enhanced"? Is it not possible that this woman was just well-endowed? How can one tell this is the result of surgery?

Yes, there were instances when a woman was topless on CC. From what I remember another guest went up to a CM and said they thought it inappropriate and he should say something to her. Well, he became very flustered.....a bit unsure of how to proceed. Another CM came over and they went to talk to her but do not know what was said. The woman later had her top on.

Can you imagine that conversation!!!

I have seen thongs onboard and yes, I do think people could have made a better choice in beach wear for a family cruise, but like other have said...a thong or topless is very acceptable for all shapes and sizes and age in other countries.

Check these beauties out on Orient Beach this past May

http://community.webshots.com/photo/76180824/76181062QVbKrd

http://community.webshots.com/photo/76180824/76181073dhJIzy

It was OK for Orient Beach, but if I saw these guys at CC I would have to say something to someone!!!!

We found out they were actually playing a joke on the rest of their family...they came to beach in regular swimwear and then "dropped" the trunks to reveal these charmers!!! You should have seen them frolicking down to the water Baywatch style!!!

MJ

mmouse37,
I wonder how may drinks they had to have before they showed their thongs?:p Actually, it must have been pretty funny for the rest of their party. At least they had the decency to do it at Orient Beach.

Seriously, I do not want to pay money for someone to stand at the beach and police current bathing suit attire. If you don't like the people around you, move to another section of the beach. This applies for those that are scantily clad or playing loudly or smoking or kids that are screaming or ... [insert your pet peeve here].

If DCL doesn't really enforce the dress attire at Palo or on formal night, why should we as travellers expect them to police the bathing suit attire.

With all that said, I do think that topless is too much. It is not a nude beach.

mmouse37

Thanks for the visual:eek:

Looks like that may be the only full moon I get to view on my cruise according to the full moon thread on the boards today.:(

Hi fireplug.

What happens if the next FAMILY is on the beach in full coverage swimsuit yet have tattoos of naked people on their bodies? Should they be made to wear MORE clothing?

Naked people tatoos? No problem. Very idiotic, but no problem. Sign tatoos, like "Don't like my dressing, call 1-800-eat-****." Big problem. Vulgarity in public. I'd probably have to cut them...

I am not sure if it is a decline or just a generational adjustment. Trends in behavior, as in clothing, go through stages. Hopefully this will hold true and people will get back to getting along with each other.

ANNMORIN, I too can be a little over zealous. I see your point about adult magazines. I really wasn't even going to that level. Obviously ADULT magazine should not be in an area with youngsters. I was really just thinking about Maxim or Cosmo. Some of those covers are pretty risque by themselves.

Sonya, while I am no EXPERT on the subject , there are many clues that can give away the surgically enhanced girl. Things such as skin stretching in a non-natural way, scars (some surgeons are NOT very good), sometime they are just too perfectly round to be natural. Many times you cannot tell but sometimes it is PAINFULLY (looking) obvious. Before anyone gets the urge to comment, I have worked in the medical field for 24 years and unfortunately I have seen the handy work of some bad doctors, and have had to work on a few patients injured in accidents. That is where I have learned about this subject

Steve

PS: Moinab your DD is precious you should be proud !

It wouldn't have bothered me. Except, of course, the jealousy I would feel! Hopefully, she had the body necessary to wear such a suit. A fat, hairy guy in a speedo would bug me way more than a pretty woman in a bikini.

While the thoughts of thongs and speedos make me cringe. Remember one thing.

High Cut Bikinis were lewd in the 80s.

Two Piece Bikinis that just showed a belly button were the signs of moral decay in the 60s. (Remember Walt supposedly forbade Annette to wear one.

A woman could be arrested for wearing this type bathing suit that showed her ankles in public in the 1915. (see below)

5102.gif

Again while the thought of practically naked sunbathers is awful to me, it is just the progression of society.

Enjoying this thread and reading all the different opinions.
I guess it boils down too: Different strokes for different fokes.

Again while the thought of practically naked sunbathers is awful to me, it is just the progression of society.

Well, Lord help us :(

I was born in '46 and my Daddy always told me:
If it ain't for sale, don't show it. ;)
There is a proper time and place.

Works for me and mine. :cool:

I guess we need to agree to disagree people in other countries are brought up not feeling any pressure to show any or all of their body. Personally with 3 boys it raises questions i would rather not visit at 12 7 and 3 this is why we do Disney . As we get older gravity takes controll for most usally not for boob jobs though making them easy to spot. Could have been worse and they where topless ???

Have to agree with 4nana on this one....different strokes for different folks. Europeans have the attitude that it is my body and I am not ashamed of it. I wish more Americans felt that way and maybe we wouldn't have so many eating disorders here. But everyone is different and that is what makes the world so interesting.
If it was me and my small children and I was raised more strickly I would go up and say something to them. You don't have to be rude just explain the situation. If that doesn't work your only option may be to move. But our child was raised not be ashamed of the human body and to be open-minded so I would let them be and everyone enjoy the sun.

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco

How do you know that this woman's chest was "surgically enhanced"? Is it not possible that this woman was just well-endowed? How can one tell this is the result of surgery?

According to my DH (who's 1st wife was a stripper and had lots of "enhanced" friends) they simply don't move the same way as the natural ones do. He thinks that in a skimpy bikini that it would be pretty easy to tell.

LoL.... I have *Zero* first hand experience on the subject myself.

Originally posted by moinab
Children are banned from Serenity Bay, the adults-only beach.

The family beach is the only beach available on CC for children to use. For the record, I wasn't suggesting a ban, just guidelines, but I've have since come to realize it wouldn't be feasible.

It just occured to me that since there are no guidelines, what is to keep someone from going topless, or nude, for that matter? I don't believe there is any actual swimsuit requirement. Can anyone correct me on this? Please?

BTW, it's official. I'm a prude. Yikes!:(

Oh you would have had a field day if you were on the Feb. 8th cruise this year. Talking about nude.....there was a semi- under water photo session going on at SB at the very far end of the beach that had some eye balls popping. It was a chilly day and not many people were in the water for that matter. Those of us on the beach couldn't miss the sight. The session came to an abrupt halt upon the perusal of a CM with binoculars.

dianedisney.

If it was me and my small children and I was raised more strickly I would go up and say something to them.
our child was raised not be ashamed of the human body and to be open-minded so I would let them be and everyone enjoy the sun.

Those are two contrasting opinions set to the same circumstance. As far as the latter, I completely disagree.

There IS a difference between raising a child to not be ASHAMED of the human body and raising a child to RESPECT all peoples, including themselves. There is also a difference between raising a child to be open-minded and open-mindedly raising a child.

Prompting a child to equate family-beach nudity as acceptable behaviour is - to me - outrageously inane.

Sorry folks, just my (strong) opinion. Flame on...

O.k, I've said it before that I'm opinionated...

My husb. & I SPECIFICALLY sail DCL because we always (until now) have felt that we can trust Disney to have guidelines in place on the ship & island to make sure that things are kept "Disney clean". That not only pertains to comedic performances, shows, ship upkeep, etc., but also to appropriate dress on the ship - including the pools & on the island.

Someone mentioned that women 'don't want their husb. seeing'. That's not the case for all women. I'm in my very early 40's (told I'm thin & attractive) but have NEVER found scantily clad women or men in public tasteful - even as a kid. There is a time & a place for everything & out in public is not the place!

I don't agree with those who make excuses for others such as "they may be from another country where it's acceptable" - they're NOT in THAT country. Or, "who deems what is 'appropriate'". I would imagine that the majority of people that 'go Disney' - & esp. those with children with them - feel that appropriate attire is not seeing boobs, genitals or rear ends hanging out for the world to see. Those who are sailing DCL & doing this belong on the other ships where gambling, a lack of strict attire, lots of boozing, etc. is acceptable.

When we checked into the 7-nt & found that some of the beaches could possibly have nude bathing, we knew it wasn't for us & decided to stick w/the 4-nt. That is OUR compromise. Now, to hear that CC could possibly be like every other public beach - that is depressing. Just wanted to have a fun, Disney-clean cruise.

A thong (if your brave enough to wear one...ouch)on CC would not bother me nearly as bad as when I saw a woman wear one at the Mickey Pool. More power to her she had the body for it. I just thought it was not the place. I am in no way a prude I believe in live and let live. There was one good thing about it no parent had to wonder where their young preteen and teenage boys were that day. They stayed right there at the Mickey Pool!! Honestly the men in Speedo's offend me more as they show quite a bit more then a thong, at least your whole anatomy is not showing. If I had a choice OUTLAW SPEEDOS! My 11 and 13 yr old daughters will often say "Cover your eyes Mom Speedo Alert, GROSS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter