Those using swagbucks ???

I didn't get credit for my SB local yesterday. normally i get an email right after i swipe my card. weird.

oh and My WCS also credited yesterday.

Just tried to get a Disney GC using Target GCs. The cashier and manager said they just had a big meeting at all stores not to allow people to purchase gift cards with gift cards. I think they are going to start cracking down everywhere.

Pooey! I have $125 coming. Guess I will let you know how that goes. Can you add Walmart gift cards to Walmart Pay and use them that way?

Just tried to get a Disney GC using Target GCs. The cashier and manager said they just had a big meeting at all stores not to allow people to purchase gift cards with gift cards. I think they are going to start cracking down everywhere.

I guess in reality it won't effect me. It will only effect me mentally. In reality, I spend about $400/month at Target anyways. If I can't use my Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards, I will just use the gift cards towards our "normal" purchases and I can use the RedCard for my gift cards. Like I said, it's more of a mental thing, but on paper, it's the same result.

Target's GC policy posted online still has not changed. I know individual store managers can make up their own rules (which I don't agree with, why go against corporate policy?) but overall, Target still allows purchase of specialty GCs in store with a Target GC. The only GCs you cannot purchase in store with a Target GC, as stated on their website, are Visa, Amex, and MC GCs.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm the kind of person who will argue with a manager when they go against corporate policy, but that's just me.

Ugh, I hope not!! May need to start cashing out for WM.

Were you only buying GC's with GC's? No other merchandise? I would think that'd be an easy flag for cashiers to crackdown, but I don't usually get a GC at target without buying other stuff. Sometimes it's only a small amount but usually the cashiers wouldn't have time to mentally add how much of the total was the gift card and how much the other stuff. Unless they stop you from using a GC of any amount on any transaction involving a GC purchase, short of a system change, I'm not sure how often that'll get stopped. I'm hoping that's not what happened to you, for my sake :)

For the Sierra Club offer, did any of you cancel after your card was charged but before the SB credited?

Were you only buying GC's with GC's? No other merchandise? I would think that'd be an easy flag for cashiers to crackdown, but I don't usually get a GC at target without buying other stuff. Sometimes it's only a small amount but usually the cashiers wouldn't have time to mentally add how much of the total was the gift card and how much the other stuff. Unless they stop you from using a GC of any amount on any transaction involving a GC purchase, short of a system change, I'm not sure how often that'll get stopped. I'm hoping that's not what happened to you, for my sake :)

My local Target has not let me use GC's for GC's in a long, long time. The only way it works, is if the GC pays for my merchandise and then the red card pays for the GC. :-(

I hope Target doesn't get shutdown. Though like @kristenrice said, I can make it about the same on paper. I don't do all of my grocery shopping at Target, but I could easily switch as it's the same distance from my house as the grocery store and Target is actually more on the way home for me. Might have to try out Walmart or spring for a Sam's Club membership.

I had trouble about two weeks ago at Target. I had three $25 GCs from swagbucks that I had loaded into the Target app, and a $5 one from one of their deals. I tried to buy a $100 GC with some other stuff at self checkout. When I tried to scan the first Target GC, the register called over the attendant. It wasn't working and she ended up having to go into her screen to apply them for payment, but when she scanned them it said she needed the access code and that wasn't on my GC on the app. I had to click a link to email the access code to myself. I've never seen that before. At first I wondered if it was because two of the cards were from early September and I just hadn't gotten there before my trip to cash them out, but all three were the same. I felt bad because there were other issues going on that the girl was helping people with and my internet/email wouldn't work at first... but it did eventually and all three GCs had to be scanned and entered by her. After all of that, I didn't even use the $5 one and just kept it for next time.

This would certainly put a wrinkle in my plans but like all changes, I will just roll with it. I only redeem for a GC once per month on SB (the rest of the time I go for PayPal), so, I'll switch to Best Buy until they change their policy. It's my Perk plans that will suffer if this is a policy at all Target stores. I earn anywhere from $50-$75 in Target GCs each week on Perk. I don't spend that amount each week at Target. If I switch to Best Buy, they cost 750 more points for a $25 GC on Perk.

I have $100 in Target GCs with another $25 pending. I planned to stop by today to purchase 2 $50 Disney GCs with them. I'll post my experience when I get back later today.

I hope Target doesn't get shutdown. Though like @kristenrice said, I can make it about the same on paper. I don't do all of my grocery shopping at Target, but I could easily switch as it's the same distance from my house as the grocery store and Target is actually more on the way home for me. Might have to try out Walmart or spring for a Sam's Club membership.

I had trouble about two weeks ago at Target. I had three $25 GCs from swagbucks that I had loaded into the Target app, and a $5 one from one of their deals. I tried to buy a $100 GC with some other stuff at self checkout. When I tried to scan the first Target GC, the register called over the attendant. It wasn't working and she ended up having to go into her screen to apply them for payment, but when she scanned them it said she needed the access code and that wasn't on my GC on the app. I had to click a link to email the access code to myself. I've never seen that before. At first I wondered if it was because two of the cards were from early September and I just hadn't gotten there before my trip to cash them out, but all three were the same. I felt bad because there were other issues going on that the girl was helping people with and my internet/email wouldn't work at first... but it did eventually and all three GCs had to be scanned and entered by her. After all of that, I didn't even use the $5 one and just kept it for next time.

I think that is just a self checkout issue. One of the stores near me won't let gc stuff at the self checkout but there aren't any signs. I bought stuff that triggered a $5 gc and there weren't any at the self checkout like there used to be so I asked. The person helped me and got one but said that you aren't supposed to do them at self checkout. I've seen Target gc's in a little box at the self checkout registers before for what I was doing so I didn't think it was a problem. I do think if they don't want gc purchases or use of any kind at self checkout they need to have signs at the stores that don't want it happening.

This would certainly put a wrinkle in my plans but like all changes, I will just roll with it. I only redeem for a GC once per month on SB (the rest of the time I go for PayPal), so, I'll switch to Best Buy until they change their policy. It's my Perk plans that will suffer if this is a policy at all Target stores. I earn anywhere from $50-$75 in Target GCs each week on Perk. I don't spend that amount each week at Target. If I switch to Best Buy, they cost 750 more points for a $25 GC on Perk.

I have $100 in Target GCs with another $25 pending. I planned to stop by today to purchase 2 $50 Disney GCs with them. I'll post my experience when I get back later today.

Wow! Can you tell me more about perk? I do okay on swagbucks but it sounds like you are earning really good on perk.

I think that is just a self checkout issue. One of the stores near me won't let gc stuff at the self checkout but there aren't any signs. I bought stuff that triggered a $5 gc and there weren't any at the self checkout like there used to be so I asked. The person helped me and got one but said that you aren't supposed to do them at self checkout. I've seen Target gc's in a little box at the self checkout registers before for what I was doing so I didn't think it was a problem. I do think if they don't want gc purchases or use of any kind at self checkout they need to have signs at the stores that don't want it happening.
Good point. I have two Targets on my way home and this one had a sign for awhile that said no gift cards at self-checkout. I know that last year I bought Target GC with Target GC, to combine them into a couple big cards for the 10% off sale, but I had mainly been buying Disney GC with Target GC at the other store because they didn't have the same sign. This was probably my first time getting Disney GC at self checkout with a GC at this location in a long time. I know I did it there last year before they put their sign up.

Can you tell me more about Perk? I've heard others talk about Perk, but I am unfamiliar with it. But if you are earning $50-$75 a week for Target, then it sounds like I'm missing out!

Wow! Can you tell me more about perk? I do okay on swagbucks but it sounds like you are earning really good on perk.
Not everyone kills it on Perk like me. I have a lot of older devices that I run the apps on (they have several apps and you can run up to 5 devices per app, I run 12 devices). I also have unlimited internet with Comcast Xfinity and a very fast connection, so I can have several devices running without experiencing lag or exceeding my data limit for the month. I'm home on most days, so I can check my devices regularly to see if they have crashed or are stuck. Living in a major metropolitan market also means that it's rare when there are no ads to view between videos (you only get credit for viewing ads, the videos are just there to waste time between ad views). There was a thread about it here on the Budget Board but it kind of died from lack of interest.

ETA: Here's the link to the old Perk thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/perktv.3478436/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter