Well that's surprisingly a good deal. It kind of makes up for the ticket price. Thank you!

Well that's surprisingly a good deal. It kind of makes up for the ticket price. Thank you!

$25 is the current price to add the "Plus" (Water Parks, etc.) to a WDW Hopper ticket.
(Last year it was $15.)

All prices, plus tax.

I bought tickets for a trip last year and my sister was unable to make it. I reassigned it to my daughter for a trip this year and she ended up not going. I'd like to sell this ticket before it expires in January. If I want to sell it can I send the purchaser the hard ticket (4 day park hopper ages 10+) and the magic band or do I have to have them be added into my disney experience so I can reassign the ticket to them? Thanks!

I bought tickets for a trip last year and my sister was unable to make it. I reassigned it to my daughter for a trip this year and she ended up not going. I'd like to sell this ticket before it expires in January.

If I want to sell it
1. can I send the purchaser the hard ticket (4 day park hopper ages 10+)
2. and the magic band or
3. do I have to have them be added into my disney experience so I can reassign the ticket to them?
1. Yes. If you have a hard ticket, you can send it.
2. If this MB was assigned originally to a guest (your sister?) it cannot be used by anyone else.
3. Just to make sure that the ticket does get transferred,
you would want the buyer to create her/his own, separate MDX account,
and then INVITE that person to JOIN that account to yours.
Then, transfer the ticket to that new buyer.

Apologies if a duplicate question - we have a will call ticket that I'm hoping to activate tonight so we are ready to go first thing tomorrow. Do you know how late the ticket booth at Epcot international gateway is open tonight?

Apologies if a duplicate question - we have a will call ticket that I'm hoping to activate tonight so we are ready to go first thing tomorrow. Do you know how late the ticket booth at Epcot international gateway is open tonight?
Figure Guest Relations will be open thru 9:15, or so.

BTW, what do you mean by "activate?"
Is it a Florida Resident ticket?

Now I need to know what time HS customer service will open please.

Guest Relations and/or Ticket Booths will open approx. 7:30AM on a day the park opens at 9:00AM (and/or has an 8:00AM EMH.)

I am trying to find the answer to this question. I've looked and I am running out of patience going through the thread.
If I am upgrading tickets at the parks that were purchased from an outside dealer (Undercover Tourist) will I then have to pay the difference to the Disney price?

For example right now I can get 6 day base ticket from UT for $409. The cost of park hopper is $474. (tax included) There is a difference of $65
If I go through the WDW website the cost of 6 day base ticket is $405 and a park hopper is $480 (tax not included ). There is a difference of $75.

If I upgrade my UT tickets at the park will I be charged an additional $71 ($480-409). Will there be tax added on to the $71?

Thanks for your help. Robo, you seem to be running out of patience for being asked the same question over and over again so once again I am sorry if this question has already been asked and/or there is some obvious answer on the thread. I really did try. :)

I am trying to find the answer to this question. I've looked and I am running out of patience going through the thread.

1. If I am upgrading tickets at the parks that were purchased from an outside dealer (Undercover Tourist) will I then have to pay the difference to the Disney price?

2. For example right now I can get 6 day base ticket from UT for $409.
3. The cost of park hopper is $474. (tax included) There is a difference of $65
4. If I go through the WDW website the cost of 6 day base ticket is $405 and a park hopper is $480 (tax not included ). There is a difference of $75.

5. If I upgrade my UT tickets at the park will I be charged an additional $71 ($480-409). Will there be tax added on to the $71?

NOTE: IN THIS CASE, WE ARE TALKING ONLY ABOUT TICKETS THAT ARE CURRENT TICKETS. (Tickets minted on or after Feb. 11, 2018.)
That means that the tickets you buy from UT also must be Tickets minted on or after Feb. 11, 2018.

1. Yes, but not the difference from what YOU paid to UT.
2. & 3. Again, it does not matter what YOU pay to UT (or any authorized ticket reseller)
for a ticket, when it comes to the upgrade transaction.
4a. The only numbers that matter are the "Disney Prices."
5. In your math, make sure that you are only using prices that already include tax. That way, no additional tax will be added.

4b. If you use the links that I provide in my "Upgrading Tickets" post at the top of this thread, HERE...

The pertinent price list, and the way to compute your upgrade cost are listed.
----------------------
Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter created ON and AFTER Feb.11,2018.
Find the full Disney 2018 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2018 Price list HERE.

Subtract that 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Last edited:
This is a quote from Robo in a MB thread (so I figured I'd ask it here instead of derailing that one):

"Not correct for fully used tickets (if they are showing, it's a GLITCH.)"

I have over a dozen people in my family and friends list in my MDE account and we all still have old tickets showing from visits between 2014-2017, and they all still showed as 'active' until I marked them as 'inactive' -- for a couple people on the list they have 4-5 old ones in there that are all marked as 'inactive'.

My question is whether there is a way to remove those from the list in MDE? I've looked around various menu items and haven't found anything.

Thanks

This is a quote from Robo in a MB thread (so I figured I'd ask it here instead of derailing that one):

"Not correct for fully used tickets (if they are showing, it's a GLITCH.)"

I have over a dozen people in my family and friends list in my MDE account and we all still have old tickets showing from visits between 2014-2017, and they all still showed as 'active' until I marked them as 'inactive' -- for a couple people on the list they have 4-5 old ones in there that are all marked as 'inactive'.

My question is whether there is a way to remove those from the list in MDE? I've looked around various menu items and haven't found anything.

Thanks

If you want things corrected in a glitchy MDX, you need to call Disney I.T. for their assistance.
Otherwise, you could just ignore anything that is known to be inaccurate.

Also, in many cases of "ghost" tickets, etc. in MDX, it may be possible that if the "ghosts" appear in MDX via the phone/table APP, that those "ghosts" might not be visible when viewing MDX via the website using a browser. (And/or, vise versa.)

Last edited:
I have spent a week trying to find the answers to my questions so thank you for this thread!

We got married in Disney in 2010 and have two unused annual pass vouchers (green card) we want to use for a trip next year. We have reward miles to get my 6 year old a 7 day ticket (Oooo). Here is what I think I understand can someone verify?

1 - we can book a package that is ticketless to include the dining plan by calling the disney ticket gods once the 2019 packages are available.
2 - when we arrive and check in we take the voucher card to Disney Springs to trade in for actual Annual passes. Bring all ID for everyone including my name change certificate from Ontario.
3 - then the APs and 7 day pass would start ticking the next day once we hit the parks.
4 - our APs would be the equivalent of current platinum passes. The are :Weddings Annual PK-HPR Exchange" exchange certificates with my maiden last name printed on the card.

I cant figure out with an exchange certificate this old how we would order and receive our magicbands once we book our ticketless package.
Also am I on the right track with the rest of the info?

We are not going to the parks on the first day we are there. We have a long travel day and realistic expectations. :) We are planning on a late January 2019 trip.

TIA!

I have spent a week trying to find the answers to my questions so thank you for this thread!

We got married in Disney in 2010 and have two unused annual pass vouchers (green card) we want to use for a trip next year. We have reward miles to get my 6 year old a 7 day ticket (Oooo). Here is what I think I understand can someone verify?

1 - we can book a package that is ticketless to include the dining plan by calling the disney ticket gods once the 2019 packages are available.
2 - when we arrive and check in we take the voucher card to Disney Springs to trade in for actual Annual passes. Bring all ID for everyone including my name change certificate from Ontario.
3 - then the APs and 7 day pass would start ticking the next day once we hit the parks.
4 - our APs would be the equivalent of current platinum passes. The are :Weddings Annual PK-HPR Exchange" exchange certificates with my maiden last name printed on the card.

I cant figure out with an exchange certificate this old how we would order and receive our magicbands once we book our ticketless package.
Also am I on the right track with the rest of the info?

We are not going to the parks on the first day we are there. We have a long travel day and realistic expectations. :) We are planning on a late January 2019 trip.

TIA!

Getting magic bands has nothing to do with your tickets - it's strictly tied to your resort reservation. I don't know exactly how it works because I haven't been to WDW since the introduction of magic bands, but I think I've read that you get an e-mail telling you when to order.

Be prepared for these to maybe take a little while. I had to activate two of these "Wedding Annual" certificates from 2012 for a couple of guests last October, and they wouldn't process correctly in the computer, so I had to do a long and complicated workaround that required some paperwork.

They ARE still valid - they just don't do what they're supposed to because their old ticket type hasn't existed in so long that the computer no longer automatically puts them to Platinum.

You will automatically get a set of MagicBands due to your on-site resort stay.
There will be prominent section in your MyDisneyExperience that asks you to "customize" your MBs.
That's just a fancy way of asking you to tell them the color of the MB you want, and what (tiny, nearly invisible)
"names" you want them to emboss on the underside of the MBs.

These MBs will work perfectly for your APs on this first (and any other) trip.

After you return home from this first trip, your MDX account will "ask" you to "customize" additional MBs
that will be offered as part of owning APs.
The additional AP MBs will work interchangeably with your resort APs for all aspects of MB purposes on future trips to WDW.

Hi. I have a few questions. We're Disneyland Annual Passholders (Signature Plus) and our AP expiration date is June 11, 2018. We have planned our trip to WDW for May 18-23, 2018. Our AP renewal window begins May 2, 2018, 40 days prior to our expiration date. We won't be visiting Disneyland prior to this WDW trip and would like to renew AND upgrade our pass to a Premiere Passport when we arrive at WDW. So here are my questions.

1. Should we purchase 4-day Park Hopper tickets and attempt to renew/upgrade them to Premiere Passport?
2. Or will our expiration date of June 11th prevent us from successfully renewing/upgrade to Premiere Passport since we'll be there prior to June?
3. I've read on this board and on countless blogs many differing opinions on how to do this ticket bridging. Is there a recent consensus that tickets should be used first and then later used to renew/upgrade or is it better to trying renewing/upgrading (using the value of the tickets) upon arrival to WDW?

Thank you for your help.

We're Disneyland Annual Passholders (Signature Plus) and our AP expiration date is June 11, 2018. We have planned our trip to WDW for May 18-23, 2018. Our AP renewal window begins May 2, 2018, 40 days prior to our expiration date.
A. We won't be visiting Disneyland prior to this WDW trip and would like to renew AND upgrade our pass to a Premiere Passport when we arrive at WDW.
1. Should we purchase 4-day Park Hopper tickets and attempt to renew/upgrade them to Premiere Passport?
2. Or will our expiration date of June 11th prevent us from successfully renewing/upgrade to Premiere Passport since we'll be there prior to June?
I've read on this board and on countless blogs many differing opinions on how to do this ticket bridging.
3. Is there a recent consensus that tickets should be used first and then later used to renew/upgrade or is it better to trying renewing/upgrading (using the value of the tickets) upon arrival to WDW?

A. It MIGHT be possible to get the renewal rate for a Premiere AP (but, I don't know what amount that would be.)
1. I'm at a loss as why you'd pick that particular ticket from which to upgrade.
2. But, you said your Disneyland AP renewal window begins BEFORE your WDW arrival.
Under other AP situations, at renewal time for their current AP, guests can choose a totally different "level" of AP and still get the lower "renewal rate" for the kind of AP that they choose.
However, the Premiere AP would not take effect until the date of your DLR AP anniversary date,
so the DLR AP renewal looks to be off the table.
But, the Premiere AP is such a unique ticket that I'm not certain whether it varies from some of the "normal" practices of AP purchase and renewal.
3. There's no reason (advantage or disadvantage) to using a ticket at a park before upgrading.

Regardless, :welcome: to the DISboards, hichicha!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter