Tiger King

What husband? Travis shot himself right in front of someone. It was even on tape.
He didn't pull the trigger, but he's not nice to humans or animals and very well could have set the scene. He was investigated.
Aside from pride and anger Joe has no emotions at all. I know crocodile tears when I see them.

I've actually been to Big Cat Rescue twice in 2004 and 2016 and really liked it there. I'm on episode 5.
I feel bad for the tigers and the animals.
We went to McCarthy's Wildlife Refuge in WPB a few years ago. It was a great experience. I noticed David McCarthy popped up in interview segments a couple times in Tiger King, but they didn't talk about his facility. I hope that means it's legit, but this all made me wonder.

I haven't seen any mention in this thread of the strip club owner/informant guy. What a sleaze! He reminded me of Francis in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. And did he think he looked cool riding the wave runner? I found that whole scene bizarre.

And this was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me...
thBIK3SODA.jpg

I haven't seen any mention in this thread of the strip club owner/informant guy. What a sleaze! He reminded me of Francis in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. And did he think he looked cool riding the wave runner? I found that whole scene bizarre.
With "Eye Of The Tiger" playing! I could not stop laughing.:rotfl2:

The producers of the documentary made some decisions for sure, manipulating the people into looking even worse. One article I read said that it was the producers idea for John Finlay to do the interviews shirtless. I am sure they had a part in suggesting many of the odd ball scenes like the jet ski as well.

Even in a documentary it is not a matter of simply presenting the facts but instead presenting the facts necessary to tell the style of story you want to portray to create an entertaining movie/documentary/story.

He didn't pull the trigger, but he's not nice to humans or animals and very well could have set the scene. He was investigated.
Aside from pride and anger Joe has no emotions at all. I know crocodile tears when I see them.

He didn't pull the trigger but from the interview with Travis it was fairly obvious he wasn't all there. Add in the drugs and guns that Joe had to have provided for him (since Travis didn't work and Joe apparently didn't pay his employees enough to live on anyway), Joe was most definitely at fault for his death. That whole situation was just completely wrong. Travis' mother seemed like she had some issues as well.

Just to stir up the conspiracy theorists, Travis shot himself with a Ruger after mentioning that there was no magazine and the Ruger has a magazine safety.

Well, the magazine safety can be tampered with and disabled. Maaaybee, someone tampered with it.

The producers of the documentary made some decisions for sure, manipulating the people into looking even worse. One article I read said that it was the producers idea for John Finlay to do the interviews shirtless. I am sure they had a part in suggesting many of the odd ball scenes like the jet ski as well.

Even in a documentary it is not a matter of simply presenting the facts but instead presenting the facts necessary to tell the style of story you want to portray to create an entertaining movie/documentary/story.

I agree.
I know how everyone feels about Carole, but separate from the husband thing, I believe she thinks she is doing right by the cats. That's what I want to believe. I don't think she would have agreed to the documentary if it she knew how it would make her look.

I've seen a few reports that a lot of people believe Travis knew exactly what he was doing when he shot himself - that it was an intentional suicide, rather than an accidental one.

I agree.
I know how everyone feels about Carole, but separate from the husband thing, I believe she thinks she is doing right by the cats. That's what I want to believe. I don't think she would have agreed to the documentary if it she knew how it would make her look.

So lets see. She rescues caged up Big Cats who others are using to make money, then she brings them to her place, places them in cages and then charges the public to come view them. Yeah it doesn't make her look bad.

We went to McCarthy's Wildlife Refuge in WPB a few years ago. It was a great experience. I noticed David McCarthy popped up in interview segments a couple times in Tiger King, but they didn't talk about his facility. I hope that means it's legit, but this all made me wonder.

And this was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me...
View attachment 485253

I loved when Joe called him, Chucky. LMAO

I still lack like two episodes because I find the entire thing disturbing and difficult to watch.

I'm in the minority that I don't think Carole killed her husband. I think she may know more than she's letting on. Maybe she was even involved in his disappearance (no body....). But from the video footage they were showing, they didn't have super huge tigers at the time. Given the number of people on the property at any given time to take care of the animals, I find it highly unlikely that he could've been eaten by tigers without anyone hearing his screams. It's not like a tiger would've just knocked him out cold - he'd be alive while they're ripping into him (ewww).

Guessing you missed the episode where she explained what the best scent is to sprinkle on a dead body, so that animals will eat it.

My God Carole you can stop talking at any time.

And I'm pretty sure she did her "laugh" after explaining it as usual.

Guessing you missed the episode where she explained what the best scent is to sprinkle on a dead body, so that animals will eat it.

My God Carole you can stop talking at any time.

And I'm pretty sure she did her "laugh" after explaining it as usual.
Yeah. She is so annoying. The laugh. The holier than thou attitude. Definitely the villan of the show. By far.

Playing devil's advocate here: Carol's husband is living his creepy dream life in Costa Rica with a harem of underage girls and illegally bred cats.

Also, Joe is far from innocent. He's a complete power hungry textbook narcissist who abused those animals. Even if he didn't physically hurt them...they were abused. And I think there's a really good chance he burnt down his own studio, either by doing it himself or having someone do it for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter