Tiger King

My DH just started watching this. He’s on episode 3. I don’t find it that entertaining, probably because I don’t like reality type tv - at all.

But at least I know what everyone is talking about now.

My DH just started watching this. He’s on episode 3. I don’t find it that entertaining, probably because I don’t like reality type tv - at all.

But at least I know what everyone is talking about now.

My DH and I felt pretty unfazed after watching the first few episodes. We did wind up watching the entire thing, but nothing was mind blowing or super crazy like everyone had been making it out to be. Maybe we are just cynical of humanity or have met too many similar people in our lives. I came across a meme the other day that said "Watching people be shocked by Tiger King reminds me that not everyone grew up in Florida" :upsidedow

I always thought Cops showed a lot of trashy people on it but now I realize Cops is like little league. There is just something special about genuinely crazy, trashy people trying to convince you that the other people are the crazy, trashy people.

In summary, menagerie of persons with antisocial personality disorder abusing their codependent collection of misfits and animals. Yeah, its comical and entertaining but in the end it is downright sad and awful.
Na. Just people living their lives doing what they gotta do. Well except Carole. She is the devious one. Out of all of them. Doc is clearly got his head on straight. Smart in a lot of ways. Like or not what he does. A lot of these people needed a second chance. Some used it... some didn’t so well.

I thought they were all a bunch of crazies. I didn’t realize until the second episode that this was a documentary and not a fictional story. 😀Guess you can’t create stuff like this! There is obviously a whole segment of the population that I didn’t realize existed.

And I totally think Carole had something to do with her husband’s disappearance. Don’t think she put him thru the meat grinder, but I bet she knows what happened to him even if she didn’t personally kill him.

I watched the entire thing over the past few days because everybody was talking about it. People at work are like "you have to see this" and "be sure to watch this so we can talk about it". I think I am now dumber after having seen this show. :rotfl:

I fully expect to find out that this was a mass hallucination brought on by covid and this show never existed. 30 years from now we’ll be trying to google Tiger King and explain that it really existed.

Guessing you missed the episode where she explained what the best scent is to sprinkle on a dead body, so that animals will eat it.

I've seen it now. I don't know, that still doesn't scream "guilty murderer!" to me. I mean, she's supposed to be a "tiger expert" - she should know what scents they're attracted to. If her husband wasn't mysteriously missing and she said that, no one would think anything of it. But because of her sketchy past, everything she says is "proof."

The bigger injustice to me is that $3000 hit man scam. Jeff Lowe is the worst "character" on the show. They are all very slimy people.

Okay, Netflix, what's next?

Na. Just people living their lives doing what they gotta do. Well except Carole. She is the devious one. Out of all of them. Doc is clearly got his head on straight. Smart in a lot of ways. Like or not what he does. A lot of these people needed a second chance. Some used it... some didn’t so well.
Wait..... of all of the cast, you've decided to endorse Doc? The creepy guy with multiple wives/partners that he lures away from their families in their late teens, makes work all day every day, and forces to get boob jobs?

Wait..... of all of the cast, you've decided to endorse Doc? The creepy guy with multiple wives/partners that he lures away from their families in their late teens, makes work all day every day, and forces to get boob jobs?
Yes. He was the one with the most business sense. Like him or not. He has gravitas. I have friends that has been to his zoo at Myrtle Beach. That’s a must do now. Maybe later on this summer. We’ll see. I mean to this day he still supplies Hollywood with animals... his business with sky rocket now.

Back when all this was actually going down IRL, I remember hearing my animal activist "friends" going on and on about "Here Kitty Kitty"... and yep, animal collectors are weird people!
Watching the show... yeah... I am not surprised about any of it! Also I think my extended family did visit Doc Antler's place once... I would have to check the watermarks on the photos but I recall there was definitely "large cat cuddling" which means it would not have been Big Cat Rescue. Also my mother would never have suggested the G.W. Zoo because she would have been put off immediately by Joe Exotic's craziness. And I recall they said, "Oh it's right in Auntie's home city Myrtle Beach"

In summary, menagerie of persons with antisocial personality disorder abusing their codependent collection of misfits and animals. Yeah, its comical and entertaining but in the end it is downright sad and awful.
..............so like a video game ?? because I have been seeing this thread for the past few weeks and thought it was a video game....then national TV had a commercial last night.....for once I missed out on a pop culture icon that was not in the realm of video games.....thank goodness I have rocks from the desert to categorize

Several times others on the show suggested Joe was really into the cats at first, and then later it became all about the money. Do you feel he went into for good reasons (love of animals, death of his brother, etc), or was he always into it for the money?

Several times others on the show suggested Joe was really into the cats at first, and then later it became all about the money. Do you feel he went into for good reasons (love of animals, death of his brother, etc), or was he always into it for the money?
I'm not sure. I think he was more about the money and the showiness of having tigers, like a prop for the "Joe show".

Did anyone watch yet? I love Joel McHale! It was interesting to hear the opinions of Joe by his former employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter