To those going in August...do you have PS's for after 6 at MGM or MK?

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
The latest PS I could get at Prime Time was 5:55. I've been calling on occasion and nothing has become available. The CM's were perplexed about it, too. I just read over on the Rumors Board that some of the shops might be closing early as well and they were asking if anyone had late PS's. Thought I would ask here as it does seem rather strange.:confused:

I can report the same problem I've tried to get PSs at both parks, and we tend to like to eat late (I've heard that it's a west coast thing), and we were offered a 4:30 dinner at Plaza in MK and a 5:50 FDP at Hollywood & Vine. I did book the FDP, but passed on the Plaza. I wonder what's going on?

I have a PS at 50's PTC, but it's for lunch. I think it completely stinks that we are being forced into eating early dinners at the parks these days. Not everyone is ready for a big meal at 5:00. And for the price of park tickets, the least they could do is leave the sit-down restaurants open until just before park closing time. I think a serious e-mail campaign to WDW is in order. I don't usually flip out over stuff like this, but it's just one more thing that guests are being denied.

I know WDW is supposed to make me feel like a kid again, but honestly, I didn't think that meant that I would have to be in when the street lights came on again.:rolleyes:

I have a 6:30 PS for Hollywood Brown Derby (fantasmic package) for Aug 2. But I got that awhile back. I called to try to cahnge to Mama Melrose and they only had 4:20 available.

Hmmm. The plot thickens, very interesting. I guess I may as well give up trying for a later one, huh?

I will be at WDW the first week of August (3rd thru the 10th). Although the Magic Kingdom is open until 10, could not get PS for after 6:00 pm at either MK or MGM.

We are going the last week in August. I tried for Mama Melrose on both Monday & Friday. We called no later than 7:15am at the 60 day mark for both and the latest they could give us was 4:30! So if we do end up eating there we will miss the parade. Almost makes me want to save the money and just pick up a pizza. :(

Same bad luck here. I tried to get CRT for dinner on Aug 15 and the only thing they could give me was 4:30. I'm hoping that the restaurants will actually be open later and I can snag a PS on the first day we get there for the 15. Please let us know if anyone is able to get a later seating closer to the date they want.

Aug 18 - 5:15 Crystal Palace
Aug 19 - 5:00 50's PT
Aug 23 - 5:10 SF Dine in

Our only late PS we could get is a 7:00 at the Garden Grill on Aug 17.

I've got p.s. arrangements at Tony's Town Square on Saturday August 23 at 6:45pm, and at the Brown Derby for Tuesday August 26 at 6:30pm. I made these last week and had no problems getting them.

Just a thought...but do you think that maybe they're blocking off the later times so that more guests, that don't know to call early, will be able to get PS times? Maybe they'll open more times up as the dates get closer. :confused:

Just an idea.

The same thing here for our late July/early august trip. I have the following:

50s Prime Time: 5:55PM (2 different nights)
Hollywood & Vine: 6:00 PM (was told that they had times up to 7:00 PM, but was gone now)
Plaza: 5:00 PM

I have no dinner reservation for later than 6:00 PM. NOW, I was there in May and ate at the 50s Prime Time at 8:30 PM on 2 different nights. I too have been confused about this and will continue to keep calling back. Afterall, MGM closes 10:00 PM during my trip. What's up with this?

This is really strange. I called for my ps's quite awhile ago and should have been able to get the time I wanted at PT. I got all my other PS's (at resorts) with no problem including Boma. It's definitely just at MGM and MK. When I tried the other day the CM said "hmmm, that's odd--there must be something going on." Maybe I call again and ask more questions.

Originally posted by msteddom
I can report the same problem I've tried to get PSs at both parks, and we tend to like to eat late (I've heard that it's a west coast thing), and we were offered a 4:30 dinner at Plaza in MK and a 5:50 FDP at Hollywood & Vine. I did book the FDP, but passed on the Plaza. I wonder what's going on?

Me TOO! I am trying to get the Plaza Restaurant in MK for around 6pm on August 23rd and they tell me the latest they have is for 4:30pm! For Hollywood and Vine on the 28th all they had was 5:50pm for the Fantasmic package. I also took H&V and passed on the Plaza. Epcot and the resorts I can get later seatings.

Am I the only one who has had no problem getting a p.s. after 6:00pm recently?

I find this very strange... again I got Tony's for 6:45 on a SATURDAY night and Brown Derby on a Tuesday at 6:30 when I called just last week!

Well, this is interesting! I am going 08/08-08/17 and also couldn't get a PS later than 5:30ish at MGM, although I was able to get later ones at Epcot WS on two different nights. I had heard it was tough going this year and I called late, only last week, so I didn't think too much of it. What has my curiousity though, is this. When I was booking the PS for 50's Primetime and she told me the latest one was for 5:30, she said that was the latest seating because the park was closing early that night. Being the anal person that I am, I had a color-coded sheet in front of me with park closing times reflecting it being open until 9. So when I said I was confused and had checked the times before planning for MGM that date, she seemed hesitant and said there must just be nothing available after 5:30 then. I thought it strange then since she'd said it was closing early so confidently a moment before -- now this thread has me panicked that they might be contemplating changing the park hours to earlier!

This is from email correspondence with GF concierge dated 06/16 regarding the fantasmic dinner package

"The very latest guests are able to make a dinner-show reservation for this package is 6:30 pm, and there are at this juncture very few places available".

We took a 6.30 PS for Brown Derby at that stage, but don't know what's available now.

I just looked at my PS list and see that most of my PS's are for resort restaurants or Epcot, and for those I had no problem getting 7.30 PS's.

For those of you who don't need to eat at a specific MK restaurant, it might be worth checking Narcoosee's, Ohana's or another of the monorail restaurants.

Originally posted by palmtreegirl
Just a thought...but do you think that maybe they're blocking off the later times so that more guests, that don't know to call early, will be able to get PS times? Maybe they'll open more times up as the dates get closer. :confused:

Just an idea.

I think that's exactly what they are doing! I had a fantasmic package booked for Mama Melorose's next week, latest time they could give me was 4:40. i called back today, and could get 5:50, 6, 6:10. It's a good thing I called, because they had my original package booked on the wrong date! I would have been a no-show, and they would have charged my credit card!

Georgina, ouch! that would've hurt if you had gotten charged for their mistake. Actually I've had good luck with PS, but a couple of weeks ago I called to change some PS around and also found out that they had me booked at the wrong place for one of my PS. Hope they're not getting sloppy after all of these years now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter