Today in History . . .

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
On July 25, 1956, the Italian liner Andrea Doria collided with the Swedish ship Stockholm off the New England coast. The Andrea Doria sank the next day; 51 people died.

On July 25, 1984, Soviet cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya became the first woman to walk in space.

On July 25, 1994, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Jordan's King Hussein signed a declaration at the White House ending their countries' 46-year-old formal state of war.

On July 25, 2000, a New York-bound Air France Concorde crashed outside Paris shortly after takeoff, killing all 109 people on board and four people on the ground.

Thanks, Deb!!

I remember well the day Prime Minister Rabin and King Hussein signed that peace deal...I remember thinking "This is it...we're on our way to peace in the Middle East." Now look...

And it's so sad that both peacemakers are now gone. That region could use them...heck, we all could. :(

I remember all but the Adrea Doria. Was just a wee thing back then.

Glad to hear all is well. I got concerned when I hear those reports this morning. Have a good weekend and I'll talk to you on Monday.

Thanks, DEB:) . Sorry, I found some pics of Svetlana in a spacesuit but none in a bikini:( :( :( .............

savitskaya_s.jpg

oh ok..I remember one thing

the plane crash! :( :(

see....our schools do not teach us history!! espically modern history!!

oh I'm sorry Eros!:(

thanks for the info Deb! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter