Treehouse Villas rock

MKEMSE said:
How is the transportation? Is it do-able without a car?

I suppose it's doable, But I think it would be very time consuming. We rented a car and used it to go most everywhere. We only used Disney transportation to Downtown Disney (walked over to the boat dock which was very convenient.)

How is the transportation? Is it do-able without a car?

We had a car when we stayed there but did not always use it. You must get to the main part of SSR to catch resort buses - either walking, boat or the THV bus so it adds an extra leg to the trip and extra time but it's doable.

It would be two buses to go anywhere so would take twice as long. SSR is quite a long way from the Treehouses

But the treehouse are part of SSR right? Do the THVs have their own separate bus service that's different from the rest of SSR?

But the treehouse are part of SSR right? Do the THVs have their own separate bus service that's different from the rest of SSR?

They are part of SSR but the park buses do not run thru the THV area which I completely understand. So they operate a buses that run between THV and the Springs section at SSR. At the Springs you switch to the park bus.

They are part of SSR but the park buses do not pull into that area which I completely understand. So they operate a buses that run between THV and the Springs section at SSR. At the Springs you switch to the park bus.

Got it! I don't rent a car and this is doable because I'm never in a rush. If I was I can see how this would be too much trouble. Thanks! :)

I like all the good reviews on the Tree Houses, we have one booked for the week between Christmas until Jan 3rd and we are so looking forward to this trip. Plus we took advantage of the AP offer so knowing the crowds are so bad that time of year the AP gives us another reason to plan another trip!!!!!

The best part of the THV for us was having the quiet pool to ourselves almost all the time. We would give the kids the option of going to the theme pools and they would always pick the quiet pool. We didn't mind because you can have a drink in the hot tub at the Quiet pool!

We loved the privacy of having a treehouse! It was the one place we never heard neighbors. The grill is right there, so convenient. I think we will bite the bullet and get one again. I said I would not when the raised the points!

Got it! I don't rent a car and this is doable because I'm never in a rush. If I was I can see how this would be too much trouble. Thanks! :)

If you do not have a car I would request to be near the path that leads to SSR. We did that since my parents were staying at SSR and it is a quick walk to the Grand Stand bus area much easier for us then switching buses.

We loved our week "in the trees". Wonderful. Can't wait to go back.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was able to snag the THV for a weekend in two weeks! I had holding points from canceling a two bedroom grand villa at OKW just days before arrival due to illnesses in our traveling party and was shocked that THV was available just 30 days out!! Can't wait for our stay!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was able to snag the THV for a weekend in two weeks! I had holding points from canceling a two bedroom grand villa at OKW just days before arrival due to illnesses in our traveling party and was shocked that THV was available just 30 days out!! Can't wait for our stay!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Congrats!:thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

If you do not have a car I would request to be near the path that leads to SSR. We did that since my parents were staying at SSR and it is a quick walk to the Grand Stand bus area much easier for us then switching buses.

We are going with my dd and her family of 5..they want to stay at treehouses and me and my dh are staying at the regular Saratoga villas..
when you make reservations at treehouses do you request a certain house numb? Which numbs are close to Grand Stands so we can walk back and forth. also are bugs outside a problem there..

We stayed there in 2010, absolutely loved them. Having the 3 bedrooms with the 7 of us was awesome. I didn't feel like we were too far from everything either, and we didn't have a car.

We are going with my dd and her family of 5..they want to stay at treehouses and me and my dh are staying at the regular Saratoga villas..
when you make reservations at treehouses do you request a certain houeese numb? Which numbs are close to Grand Stands so we can walk back and forth. also are bugs outside a problem there..

We stayed there last month and my room request was simply "close to Grandstand." We got 7032, which was right next to the path to the Grandstand, directly behind a bus stop, about 5 Treehouses from the pool in one direction, and about 5 Treehouses from the boat dock in the other. It was an ideal location. We rented a car to save time, but easily could have managed without it most of the time. I would tell your friends to put in a similar request. When you request specific rooms, you limit your options too much and the room assigner might not know what your ultimate goal is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter