Trista & Jeff- 10/30/11 - WP/Attic/UK DP - .: On the way to our planning Session!:.

Dun-da-Dun-tah!

If you were reading this there Here you will see that my DF has requested a Mickey fedora/Indiana Jones hat in place of a Mickey top hat.

He has a big thing for Indiana Jones, and it's his favorite ride at Disneyland. In fact, I think his music to enter the WP may be the Indy theme! He's currently trying to convince me it should be our recessional.

Not happening. <3

I started with this hat that I bought from Amazon - DF loves it Apparently it fits perfectly and is comfy.

I went to the disney store and purchased a regular mickey ear cap that arrived today in my box of goodies. In the Disney store box were two bridal shirts that I wrote about HERE. I'm glad I bought them, just glad I had read the boards and knew to get them in a larger size than I usually wear. Thank you, Ladies!

Armed with my scissors (and way too excited that the hat finally arrived!) I dove into the cap and proceeded to hack it to bits! Like so...

Snip.Cut.Hack!

The ears look so forlorn when they are all by themselves!

Poor ears :(

I then decided to see if I could leave the ears on the "headband" I created just to see where they fit on the hat.

Nope. That won't do!

I slid the left ear down farther to see just where I would want to place it - I decided at this point I would not snip the ears apart and would just eyeball where I thought the ears might go. I thought if I took a few photos I could stare at them for a while before I cut into the actual fedora.

Here isn't as bad. There is enough fabric that I probably could make it work.

In this shot I am testing the right ear placement.

Right about now is when the DF came home. He shrieked, snatched his beloved fedora and put it on his head.

Right after that I left my crafting table and ordered a 2nd hat from Amazon.
:rotfl:

Looks like the rest of this update will be put off until the next hat arrives.

My future husband, Mr. Indiana Jones, apparently needs his hat to play MLB11.

Who knew?

That's too cute!! haha. :rotfl: Silly DF. Can't wait to see how the ears turn out though!

Aw, your story about the hat is too cute! But from the pictures it looked like it was going to turn out really well, so good luck with the second one! ;)

The Disney Magic

It wasn't Jeff.

He wasn't raised on Disney. He saw some of the movies, but didn't have them memorized. He could not sing every lyric, he didn't know the names of all of the characters. He thought I was a bit of a Disneynutter, but loved me all the same.

In 2007 - I pleaded with him to take me to Disneyland. I am firmly convinced he did it to shut me up. I tried to explain to him the magic that would take over, how you were transformed into a kid all over again, and he would see the Disney magic. He just smiles and shook his head...He went to make me happy.

As soon as we arrived in front of the park - I could see an amused glint appear in his eye. I could see the dread that he had all the way to the park was slowly starting to fall away. I didn't say anything, I didn't push anything... I just took his hand, and lead him onto Main Street.

It earned a nod of approval. He kept commenting on how clean it was, how everything was perfectly painted. It was so unlike the dirty and dingyness of Knotts, Universal, and Six Flags. Everything was so cared for, and CLEAN!

Jeff enjoyed the rides - but I had the feeling he was getting more enjoyment over the pleasure it brought me than anything.

After dark I gave him the option "Do you want to see the parade, or would you like to go on more rides?"

I had hoped that he would say the parade, but if you've never seen a Disney parade you can't possibly understand how incredible they are. In his mind it would be nothing special. Off to Alice in Wonderland we went...

While walking to the ride, the parade was in full swing. I kept trying to stand on tip-toe, hoping to catch a glimpse. Needless to say, the parade was in full swing when we climbed aboard caterpillar...

As many of you know, in the middle of the ride you exit the building on the 2nd floor, and are outside for a few short moments. It just so happened, that as Jeff and I exited the doors, the final float of the parade was going past. EXACTLY where we were. On top of the float, were Mickey and Minnie!

I gasped!
Jeff gasped!
Mickey looked over in our direction and turned away... did a quick double-take, pointed at us, and waved!

*poof*

Jeff turned into a little boy, I saw it happen!
His eyes lit up, a smile crept across his face, and in a small voice he said "Mickey waved at me...."

His smile got bigger as it started to sink in..."Mickey waved at me!!!!!!"

That was all it took. A little bit of Disney magic.

We've been to Disneyland every year since.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! and I love that feeling :)

:rotfl2: Your df sounds like mine. Too funny!!
Can't wait to see the finished product! Definitely a great idea!!!

:rotfl2: Your df sounds like mine. Too funny!!
Can't wait to see the finished product! Definitely a great idea!!!

Thank you! He actually hid the hat from me today so that I couldn't do anything to it while he was at work! As if I would ... okay. So I thought about it! It's not like the other hat isn't in the mail already! it would only have been a few days!

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! and I love that feeling :)
I still get a little misty when I tell it to people. Non-Disney folk just don't seem to understand. I'm so happy that the people here can actually understand and not think i'm nutters. Haha!

Aw, your story about the hat is too cute! But from the pictures it looked like it was going to turn out really well, so good luck with the second one! ;)
Thanks! Little does he know that if I botch the first attempt, that I have a built in backup! Nobody tell him that's my ultimate plan! SHHH!

That's too cute!! haha. :rotfl: Silly DF. Can't wait to see how the ears turn out though!
Haha! I can't wait either! This waiting is so hard! I want to get it finished and show everyone!

Possible Dress - and a few questions. Please help if you can! Thank you!!

First up - We have an updated aisle runner graphic - the glitter coat will be on our names and "lived happily" for some pop!

My sister was a willing victim to bridal kidnapping today - I bribed her with the promise of sushi and she was more than willing to be my partner in crime for the day.

Our first stop was the craft store where I wanted to pick up some fabric paint and see if anything else struck my creative muse. Upon entering the store I was met with this fabric that was the perfect color green for one of my bridemaids - It matches these shoes perfectly!
I'd post the swatch if I could, but none of my photos are doing it justice.

I also found out the same fabric in the perfect blue, pink and purple!
[URL=http://img163.imageshack.us/i/22165710150168562883456.jpg/]
22919010150168556598456.th.jpg
[/URL]

The only ones they didn't have was my yellow and orange - after looking at the sateen fabric blend, I decided it would be very easy to track down if i went around the city on a hunt.

I snagged swatches of them all and set off to do more shopping - My sister has to practically drag me out of the store! I picked up fabric paint for my welcome bags (will post those in a future update) - embellishments for my invitations - and a bunch of other misc goodies that I am sure I will find a good use for. It was a pretty good haul!

We swung by the Mens Warehouse and found vets that were a pretty close match to my swatches. I'm not 100% happy with their options so I will do some searching - Does anyone have any good recommendations on a place that might have bright jewel tone vests?

I also decided that I would buy myself a cricut (snagged one of Amazon) and I am hoping I don't regret my hasty purchase. It was only after it was paid for and on it's way that I found out you can't use 3rd party programs to design your own cuts. This is putting a serious kink into my plans for designing my own invites and various other paper products. If anyone has any advice on how I still might be able to make my own designs using my new cricut expression I would really be thankful!

After that, we headed over to the nearest theater to watch Bridesmaids. HIGH-larious! Highly recommended by moi!

And now.... a DRESS UPDATE! Yay!!!

*queue fanfare*

I've been putting off posting my possible dress as I don't want my DF to bump into this thread - He has promised to behave himself, so hopefully all will be well.

The first one I liked is this one - I dub thee dress #1!
What really caught my eye was the bolero - Those little silver specs are actually swarovski crystals and not sequins! And they are all over this dress! The corset, the skirt, the bolero! Oh my goodness!
988ax.jpg
988b.jpg
988c.jpg

Dress #2
983a.jpg
983b.jpg
983cp.jpg

Again - the silver disks are crystals and apparently really shimmer in the light. This dress also has crystal embellishments all over the tulle skirt!

They had to ship in dress #1 for me to try on as it was not in our local studio, and my appointment to try them on is next Tuesday. Needless to say I'm a little excited!

I was also told we better get a really good photographer to catch the detailed crystals in the skirts of both of the gowns. Looking at these photos now, you can just make out a few of the beads on gown #2's shirt, and if i squint really hard I can see them on the back of gown #1.

We'll have to see when I try them both on!

I can't wait for Tuesday!

Yay for craft store scores!!! Way to go! :cheer2: I like both dresses and will make my opinion known after I see you in them! :) I like the crystals and detailing on the top of both of them..maybe 1 better, but I like the tulle of 2 alot also..both of them are gorgeous and will be STUNNING! I cant wait to see pictures of you! Good luck on the hunt for vests, you might try Al's Formal Wear (not sure if you have those in your area) or call Carolyn Allens..they might have it. Good luck! Happy Wednesday!:thumbsup2

Okay, so.. the dresses are stunning! That's almost exactly what I was looking for when I started dress shopping but I never found them! Super jealous. I think I may go with number 2 as my favorite. I love the uniqueness of the top part!

As far as the bright jewel tone vests, did you ever think of doing a black vest with a colored shirt and black tie? Or just a colored tie on a black shirt? It's definitely different and the colors would still pop!

So exciting with all of your crafty finds! I'm on a super strict budget right now so I cannot step FOOT into a craft store anytime soon. Ha. Maybe next summer I'll be able to have a free for all for the wedding! lol

I like the top of Dress #1 and the bottom of Dress #2. :cutie:

I think the sequins on the top of Dress #2 make the model's tummy look like it's smiling...

I thought that....

Though both dresses are beautiful, can't wait to see pics of you in them. You get a better idea of dresses when you're out and about trying them them. So. much. fun. :teeth:

Love the hat/ears. Great idea, I'm sure the finished article will be amazing. I can't wait to see it. x

I love the top of dress #1 and bottom of dress #2 :)
Al's formal wear here has vests in all sorts of colors! You may want to try there if you have one near you :goodvibes

Hi - I just stumbled across your PJ and enjoyed reading your plans so far!

I really like the neckline and skirt of dress two (but I'm biased because I just love tulle skirts!)

Yay for craft store scores!!! Way to go! :cheer2: I like both dresses and will make my opinion known after I see you in them! :) I like the crystals and detailing on the top of both of them..maybe 1 better, but I like the tulle of 2 alot also..both of them are gorgeous and will be STUNNING! I cant wait to see pictures of you! Good luck on the hunt for vests, you might try Al's Formal Wear (not sure if you have those in your area) or call Carolyn Allens..they might have it. Good luck! Happy Wednesday!:thumbsup2

I hope you will help with more opinions on my dress! You and I are very like minded! I was looking at CA, and Al's is not near me :( I have an update on that in a moment

Okay, so.. the dresses are stunning! That's almost exactly what I was looking for when I started dress shopping but I never found them! Super jealous. I think I may go with number 2 as my favorite. I love the uniqueness of the top part!

As far as the bright jewel tone vests, did you ever think of doing a black vest with a colored shirt and black tie? Or just a colored tie on a black shirt? It's definitely different and the colors would still pop!

So exciting with all of your crafty finds! I'm on a super strict budget right now so I cannot step FOOT into a craft store anytime soon. Ha. Maybe next summer I'll be able to have a free for all for the wedding! lol

The dresses were amazing (notice I used were, more on that as soon as I post my update!) The top part is what sold me on the dress. It looked stunning!

I love that you brought up the black vest with the colored tie! We opted to go with almost this exact idea after I was in the tux store and peeking at everything! Thank you for being so BRILLIANT!

The craft store has turned into a sort of drug for me... I think I need an intervention. Stay out, for as long as you can!

I think the sequins on the top of Dress #2 make the model's tummy look like it's smiling...

What has been seen can not be unseen! :laughing: THANK YOU for pointing this out!

I thought that....

Though both dresses are beautiful, can't wait to see pics of you in them. You get a better idea of dresses when you're out and about trying them them. So. much. fun. :teeth:

I have pics! But when i went back to the store all I could see was this :teeth:

I love the top of dress #1 and bottom of dress #2 :)
Al's formal wear here has vests in all sorts of colors! You may want to try there if you have one near you :goodvibes

If only I could smush the two together - I would have my dream dress! Thank you for the tip on Al's. I looked into it and none were near me, but all of the tips you lovely ladies gave me helped me come to our decision!

Hi - I just stumbled across your PJ and enjoyed reading your plans so far!

I really like the neckline and skirt of dress two (but I'm biased because I just love tulle skirts!)

Welcome! Thank you for reading my PJ! I am such a sucker for a tulle skirt! It was practically all I would try on! I love your taste, and welcome your opinions! I hope you will stay in my PJ with me!

I like dress number 2!!! :goodvibes

So did I.... until.....

*cue omnious music*

6/2/11 - Dresses and drama.. OH MY! :scared1:

First of all - If any other brides have had wonderful experiences with Demetrious Bridal, I in now way want to offend you. This is my own personal experience and I hope that what I learned will help other DisBrides out in the future. Please don't get upset over my opinions.

Now... on to the update.

Demetrious Bridal is the devil.

There. I said it.

I had the worst possible experience at the Scottsdale salon that no other bride should ever have to deal with.

Without drawing it out - here's the cliff notes.

• I paid $50 bucks to have dress #1 shipped to the Arizona store for me to try on. ((I had no problem with this)) they said the $50 could be applied to the purchase of my dress.
  • On my 2nd visit to try on I brought in the printout of the photos of my two dresses as advertised on their website - I asked why dress #2 (that I was going to purchase) had no corset back, and no small pickups on tulle train. Sales woman left to ask her manager. ((I could hear their entire conversation. So much for professionalism))
  • I was told "Those are extras" - $350 for the corset, $150 for pickups, and if I didn't order the dress today it would be $500 additional for it to arrive before my wedding on October 30th. ((SAY WHAT?!? Uh... No.))
  • As I am a saleswoman for a living, I calmly asked to see the manager as I know how these "pressure sales" work. I asked why I was not given an "order by or it will be $500 extra" warning when I first was working with her salon weeks prior. I also pointed out you can't advertise something on your website and then tack on $500 extra to the price to sell it as advertised without labeling the additions. I then pointed out that I didn't appreciate her "pressure sales" tactic to close, there are more graceful ways of doing it. Since I am spending over $2,000 in her salon, I thought my treatment would be top notch.
  • The manager reacted by throwing her poor sales associate under the bus. Then proceeded to run over her multiple times. I found this very off putting as I heard their entire conversation! -- The corset would only be $150 not $350 to add it, the pickups would be only $15 each, and I didn't have the order deadline by tonight, it was by Thursday (4 days out) and would only be $300. I saw the associates face, and I knew that feeling. If i had any respect for the store at all, I lost every scrap of it there.
  • I told the manager I heard the entire conversation and that she was lying to me. I looked at the sales associate and apologized to her. I knew this was not her fault, it was managements. Then I looked at the manager and told her if she wanted my money, she would get me the number of the owner of this salon or they would not be getting my business. That is a deplorable way to run a store.
  • I walked out. They have not called me. I have not called them.

Here are the photos of me in dress #1 - Which they sent in 2 sizes too big. *sigh*
Pro's - It's pretty from the front.
Con's - Detachable train made the dress boring without it, the weight of the crystals in the skirt make the tulle fall into grooves when you walk. The bolero was scratchy and really ugly when you put it on. The price.
-

Dress #2 - That smile face is haunting me! Do you see what I mean about the no pickups on the train? I think the back also needs the corset. I liked the detail on the back (pic #1) but it just wasn't the dress they advertised.. I bought the bolero shown in these photos, more on that in a moment. *sigh* I still love that dress. Oh well.
Pro's - Corset is amazing and made my chest look like woah. Also had hidden mickey's in the sequin's on the train!
Con's - that darn smiling face! The price. The back of the train was blah. The price. Nasty salespeople. The price I WOULD have paid without thinking twice if I had been given good customer service.
25350310150191296648456.th.jpg
[/URL]

Needless to say I was in tears. I loved dress #2, the salon knew I loved dress #2, but I will be damned if I was going to blow my budget on just my dress! Sure it was gorgeous, but seriously? How do people get away with treating people like that?

Then my Fairy Godmother whisked me away to the land of margaritas to put me back to sorts. ... Okay, so not my Fairy Godmother, but my Mother. She came to the rescue and consoled me over as I sipped on the deliciousness of lime juice and tequila. She asked if she could please take me to the salon that she purchased her dress at back when she married my father.

I will spare you all the wiping my nose on the edge of my margarita glass visual as I accepted her proposal. Okay, so I really didn't wipe my nose on the glass, but it sure got rid of the drama llama in the thread. Didn't it?

Off we went... where I was determined to find the dress of my dreams and to tell Demetrious Bridal to suck it! :rotfl:

I looked at so many tulle skirts - the salon was simply wonderful and our saleswoman was as nice as nice could be. After she honed in on the look I was searching for, she went off on our own to find options for me. My sister even jumped in the fray to help! She found one with a gorgeous bodice! I put it on, and then I discovered this...

Do you see it? If I tell you it will be like the smiley face. It will haunt you. Ready?
Okay.... don't say I didn't warn you!

Who in the heck designs a bridal gown with silver crotch funk? LOOK AT IT! OMG! That's terrible! imagine that in all of your bridal shots. Ugh!
So naturally I bought the dress!

Just kidding.

I had three rules when I went looking for a bridal gown.
1. No ruffles
2. No pick-ups.
3. I wanted a tulle skirt.

My sales woman brought me back a dress, which broke 2 of my rules. She asked if I would please try it on for her. It was a Maggie Sottero, and I had not tried on any of her gowns. My sister wore a Maggie at her wedding and I didn't want to "take her designer' or something.

Begrudgingly, I put it on.

When I walked to the mirrors to take a look... my mother started to cry.
My sister (silver crotch bling finding aside) was shocked into silence.
Marina, my saleswoman, smiled smugly. Marina was truly a professional and was amazing. It's as if she knew what would flatter my figure, hide my problem areas, and look amazing on me. It was as if she does this for a living! Oh, right. She does.

It fit like a glove. It was my perfect size, and the perfect length. The dress needed NO fitting alterations, and I felt gorgeous. Wanna see?

The Corset -

The Front of the Dress -

The Train - and end of the train

As my sister did a heck of a job making sure we didn't get full shots of me in the dress, or photos of my smiling face (apparently I am a headless person that shall remain so unless we give someone else the camera!) Here are the gorgeous model shots, with their heads, to give you all a better idea.

*content sigh* More coming soon, I didn't want to make this post any more gigantic than it already is.
Comments/Feedback?

I <3 the DisBrides!

In case you could not tell... I bought it.

I went back less than a week later and picked it up!

The great thing is my dress came in around $500! The price tag was around $1k, but due to the style being discontinued, they gave it to me 50% off! Amazing! I had no idea I would get off with a dress so cheaply! Especially when it makes me feel like a million bucks! Now I can splurge a little on the petticoat I have been dreaming of. I think I found someone on Etsy... more on that soon!

The dress is ivory - which posed a bit of an issue since I was planning on wearing converse.

I found these
converse-target-shoes-boots-womens--one-star-oxfords-natural.jpg

They are natural canvas colored, and actually are a pretty close match to my dress! I already have the swarovski crystals and I plan to bling them out! I have a feeling the star will be my favorite part. I will post pics as soon as it is finished. Promise. Right now I am wearing them around the house to break them in without getting them dirty. I want them really comfy before I go make them "blamazing" as my DF calls it.

I also wanted to show you my bolero. You can see peeks of it from earlier posts, but it's safety at my Mum's with the dress so my DF does not find it. Right now the bolero buttons in the front. I plan on taking it to a seamstress to make into a proper "jacket" and possibly line with the same silver thread as my corset. I will try and steal some pics as soon as I can! The sleeves are to fairy tale, and really soften the look. I totally felt like a princess when I put it on!

I had to wait to have my dress bustled until my shoes arrived - The way the train falls, it will work perfectly with a french bustle. Here is a visual of the french bustle - this is NOT my dress:
images

What do you think of my bustle choice? Any suggestions?

First off, I am SO sorry about that first store's treatment of you--- that is SUCH BS!!!!!!! But, secondly, that dress is GORGEOUS (and omg just $500?!?!?!) Congratulations!

LOVE your dress!! It's absolutely gorgeous! And (speaking as a former bridal consultant and wedding dress fan, LOL) I think the french bustle will be absolutely *perfect* for that dress. Congratulations on finding something that you love (and that isn't from the horrible Demetrios salon!). :thumbsup2

Just joining in!
I got intrigued by the title- (love looking at dreses) & although I haven't read through just yet... I HAD to post. LOVE your dress, it is gorgeous, looks wonderful on you & what a bargain! Congratulations, you definitely look like a million bucks in it! :thumbsup2

Will be following along. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter