• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

unleash the villians event anyone?

GaSleepingBeautyFan said:
I'm really hoping they have meet n' greets with photopass photographers. Otherwise I'll be grabbing unsuspecting guests to take my picture with the villians using my camera since I'll be solo. :rotfl:

They used the term Villain Encounter separate from the nightclub, so I think there will be a meet & greet. Hopefully because it's hard to get pictures on the dance floor.

Where do they do the fireworks for the special events? 17 days to go!:cool1:

All of the fireworks I've seen at DHS have been behind the Hat. So if you stand around the tipboard (hollywood blvd and sunset blvd) you'll have a good view. If you stand to close to the hat you'll miss some of them.
If you don't mind the fireworks not being centered behind the hat you can watch it from near Indiana Jones and 50s Prime Time

yulilin3 said:
All of the fireworks I've seen at DHS have been behind the Hat. So if you stand around the tipboard (hollywood blvd and sunset blvd) you'll have a good view. If you stand to close to the hat you'll miss some of them.
If you don't mind the fireworks not being centered behind the hat you can watch it from near Indiana Jones and 50s Prime Time

Was there music to go with it and would it be audible near Indy? Music really makes the show. The fireworks start to look the same if you aren't centered as designed. (as I type this I can hear Disneyland fireworks lol)

I am a huge, huge villains fan so we will be there & it's our anniversary!!' Hoping for some awesome merchandise!!!

I am super excited to see the special merchandise too! Any idea if you can buy anything early in the day or will it only be out for sale in the evening?

Was there music to go with it and would it be audible near Indy? Music really makes the show. The fireworks start to look the same if you aren't centered as designed. (as I type this I can hear Disneyland fireworks lol)

Yes, I've been during NYE and 4th of July when the band (Muclh, Sweat and Shears) plays from the Hat Stage during the fireworks and you can hear them from Indy, also I've been during the May the 4th event and Last Tour to Endor and that was with recorded music and you could hear it as well.
As I said if you don;t mind them not being centered then the area around Indy is usually less busy

yulilin3 said:
Yes, I've been during NYE and 4th of July when the band (Muclh, Sweat and Shears) plays from the Hat Stage during the fireworks and you can hear them from Indy, also I've been during the May the 4th event and Last Tour to Endor and that was with recorded music and you could hear it as well.
As I said if you don;t mind them not being centered then the area around Indy is usually less busy

Thanks!

bluejasmine said:
I am a huge, huge villains fan so we will be there & it's our anniversary!!' Hoping for some awesome merchandise!!!

Mine too! How long? Five years for me!

I am super excited to see the special merchandise too! Any idea if you can buy anything early in the day or will it only be out for sale in the evening?

I've been trying to find this out. But no luck so far.

I know when the May the 4th Be With You was going on the merchandise was sold starting first thing in the morning. According to the CM's I spoke with most of it was gone by 10am.

But the May the 4th Be With You was advertised as an all day thing and the Villians event isn't.

No idea but praying it won't be like the Epcot anniversary where you stand in a loooooong line!

As long as Facilier is there, I am going to be happy, but I have a friend who is hoping that Ursula will be out, but I have never seen Ursula in a meet & greet form before.

An article inside Eyes and Ears (a Cast Membe magazine) shows a list of some of the villains that will be at the party (they didn't make any distiction between meeting and greeting or just dancing or on stage)
Hades, Pain, Panic, Megara (she's not a villain in my opinion but excited to be able to see her up close) Maleficent, Captain Hook, Dr. Facilier, Evil Queen, Big Bad Wolf, Man in the Bowler Hat (Adult Goob from Meet the Robinsons) and more.
DHS Time Guides are out for next week and here's what it says:
Unleash the Villains!
This Friday the 13th, experience Limited Time Magic at its most villainous
when Hades himself and 13 Disney baddies invade Disneys Hollywood
Studios with a devious dance party, themed snacks and fiendish fireworks!
And be sure to pick up a special Unleash the Villains t-shirt at Villains in
Vogue on Sunset Boulevard. #LimitedTimeMagic
Dance Party at Sorcerer Hat...........................8:00pm1:00am
Meet the Villains Echo Lake... 8:30pm10:30pm & 11:30pm12:30am
Villainy in the Sky at Sorcerer Hat.............................11:00pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter