Update on Military Discounts

NoOrdinaryPrincess said:
I hope this is true.

Steve at Military Disney Tips was able to confirm that the current offer will NOT be extended and will indeed die on October 1st. That doesn't mean there won't be a new offer possibly, but the $138 tickets are going bye bye for certain.

Steve at Military Disney Tips was able to confirm that the current offer will NOT be extended and will indeed die on October 1st. That doesn't mean there won't be a new offer possibly, but the $138 tickets are going bye bye for certain.

I kind of figured that, but they really do need to have something else, and I actually prefer the discounted tickets, because for us, they are the biggest expense. I can find other ways to get a room discount, but that is nice, too.

PrincessSuzanne said:
I kind of figured that, but they really do need to have something else, and I actually prefer the discounted tickets, because for us, they are the biggest expense. I can find other ways to get a room discount, but that is nice, too.

I know what you mean. People get all excited about free dining, but it wouldn't look like a good deal to me whatsoever. Less than half price tickets and 30-40% off your room stay kind of make free dining pale in comparison. I can't see paying $1000 for tickets for the three of us for tickets that I paid $495 for previously. With no military ticket offer, we'll move on from Disney.

I understand that General Public ticket prices have indeed raised since the promotion has started. I wouldn't mind them going up a bit on the promo price since it saved so much money. I would however prefer the room discount to stay because it's been higher than the AP discount (parents have AP's) and the General Public discounts.

He doesn't exactly say that there won't be any more $138 tickets; he says this promotion, which was the 2 year, 12 ticket promo is going away. But that's a good thing for those of us who have already used our 12 tickets! With the increase in tickets, I'd expect a new deal would be slightly more expensive. Of course, they might cut the deal altogether. We have APs, so it doesn't affect us directly, but it DOES affect the people we often take with us.

I know what you mean. People get all excited about free dining, but it wouldn't look like a good deal to me whatsoever. Less than half price tickets and 30-40% off your room stay kind of make free dining pale in comparison. I can't see paying $1000 for tickets for the three of us for tickets that I paid $495 for previously. With no military ticket offer, we'll move on from Disney.

Free dining has never made since for us at all and we hardly ever get the DDP anymore anyway, we did in January, but it made since with the places we were eating.

The ticket prices is what keeps us going back. We might get AP's for next year, we should have gotten them in January, but didn't think we were going as many times this year as we have, you know hind sight. I know we will probably be going at least 2 or 3 times next year, but the AP room rates aren't as good as the Military rates.

I am so addicted to Disney, I don't know how I will move on, but I might have to. We want to go to US and IOA once, but the prices haven't been right there.

I understand that General Public ticket prices have indeed raised since the promotion has started. I wouldn't mind them going up a bit on the promo price since it saved so much money. I would however prefer the room discount to stay because it's been higher than the AP discount (parents have AP's) and the General Public discounts.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind them going up a little bit, but hey still need to have some kind of promotion. I mean we have taken so many more trips with these $138 tickets than we would ever have taken otherwise, I would think Disney woiuld realize that, more trips means more money, even with the discount. Food and merchandise is discounted and we buy alot of that stuff.

As I said above, we may consider getting AP's for Christmas to use next year. The AP rate has been less than the Military rate, closer to the GP discount, it used to be the best discount out there, when we had AP's.

He doesn't exactly say that there won't be any more $138 tickets; he says this promotion, which was the 2 year, 12 ticket promo is going away. But that's a good thing for those of us who have already used our 12 tickets! With the increase in tickets, I'd expect a new deal would be slightly more expensive. Of course, they might cut the deal altogether. We have APs, so it doesn't affect us directly, but it DOES affect the people we often take with us.

We are about to use the last 2 of our 12 over Labor Day weekend, really need something for next year, I want to go back in February, June, and late Sept or Oct. We have stayed away from AP's because the AFS tickets were so reasonable.

I expect that if there wil be a deal, it will be last minute, who knows.

Free dining has never made since for us at all and we hardly ever get the DDP anymore anyway, we did in January, but it made since with the places we were eating.

As I said above, we may consider getting AP's for Christmas to use next year. The AP rate has been less than the Military rate, closer to the GP discount, it used to be the best discount out there, when we had AP's.

We've never done Free Dining. The prices just don't reflect savings for us since we don't eat as much as the Dining plan offers. We rarely eat dessert when dining because walking around the park full is miserable. We usually split meals because the portions are so big. Plus with the restaurants we go to I'd prefer a room discount over the price of the Premium Dining plan or whichever one offers more TS credits than snacks.

Also my parents took the plunge of getting the AP even though we live 9.5 hours from Disney in April. My dad has already gone twice this year, my mom once and we're planning a trip to Food and Wine in October and then possibly a Christmas trip. It doesn't make sense for me to get one with the military ticket promotion but I might just have to get the AP now. Oh and we also LOVE Tables in Wonderland card especially dining at TS restaurants all the time.

We've never done Free Dining. The prices just don't reflect savings for us since we don't eat as much as the Dining plan offers. We rarely eat dessert when dining because walking around the park full is miserable. We usually split meals because the portions are so big. Plus with the restaurants we go to I'd prefer a room discount over the price of the Premium Dining plan or whichever one offers more TS credits than snacks.

Also my parents took the plunge of getting the AP even though we live 9.5 hours from Disney in April. My dad has already gone twice this year, my mom once and we're planning a trip to Food and Wine in October and then possibly a Christmas trip. It doesn't make sense for me to get one with the military ticket promotion but I might just have to get the AP now. Oh and we also LOVE Tables in Wonderland card especially dining at TS restaurants all the time.

Well, we don't always use the dining plan, but it was more cost effective in January, because we were doing Hoop De Doo and Yachtsman. We used the DxDDp for 3 nights and the regular DDP for 4 nights and it just came out less expensive. I don't think it would ever be cost effective in the summer, because it is too hot to eat that much. And now with the 2013 prices, I can't see it working. We share CS meals sometimes and don't eat dessert and hardly ever have a snack.

We loved having AP's and TiW card, it saved so much, but there was a time that we couldn't go as often and the AFS tickets were less expensive.

I want to go to Food and Wine and Christmas this year, but DH used all his vacation in January and he works most holidays, maybe next year.

I want to go to Food and Wine and Christmas this year, but DH used all his vacation in January and he works most holidays, maybe next year.

This will be my first time to F&W but Dbf doesn't care for Disney (He's more rollercoasters and thrill rides) so I just tag along with my parents since they're more into Disney than I can ever hope Dbf to be. I love going at Christmas it's so magical during that time, it's usually our "go-to" time.

This will be my first time to F&W but Dbf doesn't care for Disney (He's more rollercoasters and thrill rides) so I just tag along with my parents since they're more into Disney than I can ever hope Dbf to be. I love going at Christmas it's so magical during that time, it's usually our "go-to" time.

We have not been during F&W time, but I would love to. We usually go around Christmas, but DH started a new job in Dec 2010 and that was our last Christmas trip, because he has to work on Christmas night, unless it falls on a Friday or Saturday. We went in Jan this year for the first time, but it seemed more crowded than Christmas Day. I miss Christmas at WDW, it is very magical.

I don't know who loves WDW more, me or DH. He loves thrill rides, but loves WDW. I want to go to US and IoA once, but he says he doesn't, he went there as a child. We ventured over to Sea World in January for the first time and I want to go back, but not for the rides.

Don't know if anyone else has heard anything, but my ITT office on our base posted that Disney WILL be extending the offer. Now, they didn't say if it was the same as the current offer or if it is something totally new. They just said to stay tuned for more details soon but at least it looks like we're getting something! :thumbsup2

Delphinidae said:
Don't know if anyone else has heard anything, but my ITT office on our base posted that Disney WILL be extending the offer. Now, they didn't say if it was the same as the current offer or if it is something totally new. They just said to stay tuned for more details soon but at least it looks like we're getting something! :thumbsup2

I'd like to know where they got their info.

We were told the same thing from 2 different sources. Military and disney reservations.

I'd like to know where they got their info.

From a bus driver's best friends brother's sister's second cousin.

That's probably where. I too hope they extend some type of offer to us, because I would love to go probably 3 times next year, but won't without great prices. It will be difficult to give up, but I will do it.

We don't go to Universal, because they don't extend any offers to Military. I guess we will have to go back to Sea World, since it's free, even if it is just one day.

We were told the same thing from 2 different sources. Military and disney reservations.

You know about how much you can trust Disney reservations, NOT AT ALL!

I don't ask our MWR/ITT office anything, they never know anything, I feel for the people they sucker with stuff that isn't necessary, because they have no clue. They tried to talk me into purchasing the dining plan, not gonna happen. And how can you help someone plan a Disney trip when you have never been?

sanfran22 said:

Your ITT knows exactly jack squat.

The phone bank CM's know one rung above jack squat. We'll say they know jill squat.

I had to tell my ITT in August 2010 that they could sell me Military Salute tickets. They thought the deadline had passed. I brought in a booty load of evidence to the contrary.

The phone bank CM's know one rung above jack squat. We'll say they know jill squat.

I had to tell my ITT in August 2010 that they could sell me Military Salute tickets. They thought the deadline had passed. I brought in a booty load of evidence to the contrary.

I agree. I have had to tell them stuff, too. At least they have the AFS tickets when you go in there, before when they weren't MWR/ITT (Omega Travel), they never had them on hand, drove me nuts.

Originally Posted by crostorfer

Jeez, sorry I said anything in the first place. They said they got word from Disney and are just waiting on the press release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter