Update on Military Discounts

Don't know if anyone else has heard anything, but my ITT office on our base posted that Disney WILL be extending the offer. Now, they didn't say if it was the same as the current offer or if it is something totally new. They just said to stay tuned for more details soon but at least it looks like we're getting something! :thumbsup2

Military Disney Tips on Facebook emailed the chairman of Disney Parks and posted the replies on the Save the Disney Armed Forces Salute page. It basically said that there will be some kind of discount but won't say what it will be until its announced. Link

DisGirl819 said:
Military Disney Tips on Facebook emailed the chairman of Disney Parks and posted the replies on the Save the Disney Armed Forces Salute page. It basically said that there will be some kind of discount but won't say what it will be until its announced. Link

I don't have facebook, can someone post the email here please? Steve doesn't have any of this on the website.

I don't have facebook, can someone post the email here please? Steve doesn't have any of this on the website.

Unfortuntely, I can't post a link from this computer, but the Save the Disney Armed Forces Salute FB page just posted that there had been some rumblings at some posts/bases, but nothing official has been announced. She has contacted her Disney contact, but no response yet. That was posted about 10 minutes ago.

PrincessSuzanne said:
Unfortuntely, I can't post a link from this computer, but the Save the Disney Armed Forces Salute FB page just posted that there had been some rumblings at some posts/bases, but nothing official has been announced. She has contacted her Disney contact, but no response yet. That was posted about 10 minutes ago.

So we're back to square one. That's why I don't get excited, lol.

Would be nice if it was extended. We have 2 days left on our tickets and love going to F&W, just not on the weekend.

From http://www.facebook.com/notes/save-the-disney-armed-forces-salute/23-july-update/383947591671393

23 July UPDATE
by Save The Disney Armed Forces Salute on Monday, July 23, 2012 at 10:03am ·
I was contacted by Crystal Seaman, Operations Support & Service Manager from Disney on behalf of Mr. Thomas Staggs (Disney Parks Chairman) today. We had a good conversation, and while I didn’t get a solid YES, I feel that her tone indicated that there are negotiations and plans in the works.
Here is breakdown of our conversation:
Q: We have been told by our ITT/MWR Ticket offices, Shades of Green and Disney that the current AFS will end 30 September 2012. Is this the case?
A: Ms. Seaman said that she doesn’t know where these sources are getting their information, because there hasn’t been an announcement either way. She did state that when discounts and promotions are made, that there are negotiations and steps that have to be followed. When I asked if it could be a case like October of 2010, where there was a 23 day gap, she DID NOT say “Yes that’s the case”, but did say that it could be why we haven’t heard anything definite.

Q: For families that are waiting to plan their trips, is there any way to reserve the rooms and apply the discount later?
A: Yes. If there is a certain resort or date that you would like, you can book it now and pay the deposit ($200 for packages that include dining, and 1 nights stay + tax for Room Only reservations). If the discount is extended, you can call and have it applied to your vacation. If it isn’t, then you will be protected by Disney’s cancellation policy. Here is a link to their cancellation policies:

Disney World: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/book/terms-conditions-guest-room-2012/

Disneyland: http://www.magicalgetaways.biz/wp-content/themes/bb/files/Disneyland Terms Conditions.pdf

While the policy on Disney’s website is vague, here is the breakdown that Ms. Seaman gave me:
Packages (Including Room and Dining): $200 deposit due at booking. Cancellations before 45 days prior to your arrival will receive that $200 deposit back. After 45 days, you will forfeit the $200
Room Only: 1 Night stay plus tax deposit due at booking. Cancellations before 5 days prior to your arrival, you will receive your deposit back in full. After 5 days prior, you will forfeit the 1 nights + tax deposit.

Q: Would there ever be a chance that Disney would offer a discount for Annual Passes to Military members and their families? (This is one that I have wondered about myself):
A: This is something that Ms. Seaman had never heard discussed before, but she said that she would be happy to bring it to the attention of the Marketing Department.

SO….. Long story, short: If you REALLY want to make your reservations now and save the hassle of your resort being sold out, make your reservation and pay the deposit. I have a strong feeling that we will be hearing soon that there will be an extension to the current AFS benefits (possibly with a slight price increase) and then a booking frenzy will ensue!

I hope this helps everyone that has been on the fence about making reservations and I will keep everyone posted with any information that I hear.

P'colaBeachBum said:
Would be nice if it was extended. We have 2 days left on our tickets and love going to F&W, just not on the weekend.

From http://www.facebook.com/notes/save-the-disney-armed-forces-salute/23-july-update/383947591671393

23 July UPDATE
by Save The Disney Armed Forces Salute on Monday, July 23, 2012 at 10:03am ·
I was contacted by Crystal Seaman, Operations Support & Service Manager from Disney on behalf of Mr. Thomas Staggs (Disney Parks Chairman) today. We had a good conversation, and while I didn’t get a solid YES, I feel that her tone indicated that there are negotiations and plans in the works.
Here is breakdown of our conversation:
Q: We have been told by our ITT/MWR Ticket offices, Shades of Green and Disney that the current AFS will end 30 September 2012. Is this the case?
A: Ms. Seaman said that she doesn’t know where these sources are getting their information, because there hasn’t been an announcement either way. She did state that when discounts and promotions are made, that there are negotiations and steps that have to be followed. When I asked if it could be a case like October of 2010, where there was a 23 day gap, she DID NOT say “Yes that’s the case”, but did say that it could be why we haven’t heard anything definite.

Q: For families that are waiting to plan their trips, is there any way to reserve the rooms and apply the discount later?
A: Yes. If there is a certain resort or date that you would like, you can book it now and pay the deposit ($200 for packages that include dining, and 1 nights stay + tax for Room Only reservations). If the discount is extended, you can call and have it applied to your vacation. If it isn’t, then you will be protected by Disney’s cancellation policy. Here is a link to their cancellation policies:

Disney World: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/book/terms-conditions-guest-room-2012/

Disneyland: http://www.magicalgetaways.biz/wp-content/themes/bb/files/Disneyland%20Terms%20Conditions.pdf

While the policy on Disney’s website is vague, here is the breakdown that Ms. Seaman gave me:
Packages (Including Room and Dining): $200 deposit due at booking. Cancellations before 45 days prior to your arrival will receive that $200 deposit back. After 45 days, you will forfeit the $200
Room Only: 1 Night stay plus tax deposit due at booking. Cancellations before 5 days prior to your arrival, you will receive your deposit back in full. After 5 days prior, you will forfeit the 1 nights + tax deposit.

Q: Would there ever be a chance that Disney would offer a discount for Annual Passes to Military members and their families? (This is one that I have wondered about myself):
A: This is something that Ms. Seaman had never heard discussed before, but she said that she would be happy to bring it to the attention of the Marketing Department.

SO….. Long story, short: If you REALLY want to make your reservations now and save the hassle of your resort being sold out, make your reservation and pay the deposit. I have a strong feeling that we will be hearing soon that there will be an extension to the current AFS benefits (possibly with a slight price increase) and then a booking frenzy will ensue!

I hope this helps everyone that has been on the fence about making reservations and I will keep everyone posted with any information that I hear.

:-l

Seriously? This hints of nothing from Disney's behalf of any new offer.

Like we said, something is in the works.....

Your ITT knows exactly jack squat.

The phone bank CM's know one rung above jack squat. We'll say they know jill squat.

I had to tell my ITT in August 2010 that they could sell me Military Salute tickets. They thought the deadline had passed. I brought in a booty load of evidence to the contrary.

Not all ITT/MWR ofices are equal. When I was in Atlanta our ITT staff was top notch. One year when I was buying tickets, one of the lady's had just returned from a week long training in Florida.

Just remember that all of these offices work on NAF (non-appropriated funds) and depending on who controls the purse strings will depend how well trained and knowledgeable your staff is. It is a lot cheaper to send people to Orlando from the Southeast US than from the Pacific Northwest for training.

matheke said:
Not all ITT/MWR ofices are equal. When I was in Atlanta our ITT staff was top notch. One year when I was buying tickets, one of the lady's had just returned from a week long training in Florida.

Just remember that all of these offices work on NAF (non-appropriated funds) and depending on who controls the purse strings will depend how well trained and knowledgeable your staff is. It is a lot cheaper to send people to Orlando from the Southeast US than from the Pacific Northwest for training.

Well, we're at Benning and the MWR Ticket and Travel office just opened at the end of January, before that, we had a poorly run "travel" agency. We are 6 hours from Disney, seems they would send them for proper training.

:-l

Seriously? This hints of nothing from Disney's behalf of any new offer.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger...someone wanted it posted instead of a link. :/

I'm going to stay positive and hope we hear something soon.

Glass half full beachbum....

Hey, don't shoot the messenger...someone wanted it posted instead of a link. :/

I'm going to stay positive and hope we hear something soon.

Glass half full beachbum....

I appreciate you posting that, thank you. No offense meant towards you, I just wanted to confirm that everything at this point was still total speculation and that no solid hints as to a new offer were given.

What was received was a standard, canned, corporate response, and the OP's opinion that the "tone" of her response indicated something more. Although, I myself find it difficult to get a "tone" from electronic communication, it's why there are so many misunderstandings here on the message boards.

I appreciate you posting that, thank you. No offense meant towards you, I just wanted to confirm that everything at this point was still total speculation and that no solid hints as to a new offer were given.

What was received was a standard, canned, corporate response, and the OP's opinion that the "tone" of her response indicated something more. Although, I myself find it difficult to get a "tone" from electronic communication, it's why there are so many misunderstandings here on the message boards.

I appreciate the post and updates. I can deal with waiting while reading a few tidbits.
Of course it's speculation until Disney puts out an official word. In the meantime, I do find it helpful to read information others have received.

You can get both regular APs (at $13 off and no tax) and PAPs (at $15 off and no tax) at SoG. Check their online ticket price list.

From my ITT office who said they just received a press release:

*** DISNEY MILITARY SALUTE OFFER ANNOUNCED ***
Walt Disney World Florida
October 1, 2012 - September 28, 2013
4 Day Base w/ Water Park Fun & More $156.00
4 Day Hopper $156.00
4 Day Hopper w/ Water Park Fun & More $184.00
On Site Hotel Discounts Available
Ticket Blackout Days: December 24-31; March 24-April 4; July 4, 2013 (Magic Kingdom Only)
Hotel Blackout Days: November 22-24; December 23-31; March 25-April 4

Disneyland California
October 1, 2012 - September 28, 2013
3 Day Hopper $125.00
On Site Hotel Discounts Available
Ticket Blackout Days: December 23-January 2; February 15-17; March 25-April 5; July 4, 2013
Hotel Blackout Days: November 22-24; December 23-31; March 25-April 4

Tickets are limited to (6) per sponsor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter