US & Canada PTR - 2 sleeps to go, wow

Oh my gosh, this time in two weeks you will be getting ready to go tomorrow. :cool1: How quickly has that come around?

I am cracking up at your DH :rotfl2: Telling him not to come home unless the phones were unlocked. Did he do it?

wow just over 2 weeks. how exciting (and i bet a little nerve wracking too) for you :) will be eagerly following along with your TR/updates :)

Enjoy the countdown!

Thank you

Wow so close how exciting :upsidedow

2 weeks today, yikes

Oh my gosh, this time in two weeks you will be getting ready to go tomorrow. :cool1: How quickly has that come around?

I am cracking up at your DH :rotfl2: Telling him not to come home unless the phones were unlocked. Did he do it?

He did unlock the phones, lucky for him :lmao:. I've tested mine out but he still hasn't done his and he still hasn't finished his list of things to do.

wow just over 2 weeks. how exciting (and i bet a little nerve wracking too) for you :) will be eagerly following along with your TR/updates :)

Hopefully I can come up with something worth reading Alicia :)

It's getting exciting now, isn't it! You feel with all of the planning and stressing you need a holiday from preparing for your holiday! I did anyway :) We're still too far away from ours to start stressing (but it's always on my mind) :)

Ms Shuttergirl - I've spent waaaayyyy too long today skim reading through your PTR - so entertaining, and soooooo worrying too - there's all these things that I should be sorting out that you seem to have all under control. Main one is the phone issue - really need to see if we need the Travel Sim, as I'll really only be using my phone for texting and the cost of that shouldn't add up too much over the trip. Calls back to family will be using FaceTime or Skype when we're either in hotel of at DH's place in Iceland, so wireless will do fine for that.

A hint for your time in Quebec... your hands are gonna freeze if ther's a wind about - best to have 2 pairs of gloves, one thin thermal/merino style liner pair, then the big snow gloves over the top. Same for socks under your boots. DH was in Montreal just before Christmas last year and it was MINUS 30C out - he walked 1 block in full thermals and winter coat but the bit of his face poking out through the balaclava, and his hands (in Snow gloves) were frozen. Luckily for you your Outlet Mall trip is before you head to the cold climate - Check out Columbia & the North Face if you can.

ime for me to go do the things I need to do so I can get the packing started - keep posting, countdown should start to get frantic soon :) P.S. Have you started packing yet?

It's getting exciting now, isn't it! You feel with all of the planning and stressing you need a holiday from preparing for your holiday! I did anyway :) We're still too far away from ours to start stressing (but it's always on my mind) :)

Yes, that is exactly it, you need a holiday to get over the holiday :rotfl2:

Ms Shuttergirl - I've spent waaaayyyy too long today skim reading through your PTR - so entertaining, and soooooo worrying too - there's all these things that I should be sorting out that you seem to have all under control. Main one is the phone issue - really need to see if we need the Travel Sim, as I'll really only be using my phone for texting and the cost of that shouldn't add up too much over the trip. Calls back to family will be using FaceTime or Skype when we're either in hotel of at DH's place in Iceland, so wireless will do fine for that.

A hint for your time in Quebec... your hands are gonna freeze if ther's a wind about - best to have 2 pairs of gloves, one thin thermal/merino style liner pair, then the big snow gloves over the top. Same for socks under your boots. DH was in Montreal just before Christmas last year and it was MINUS 30C out - he walked 1 block in full thermals and winter coat but the bit of his face poking out through the balaclava, and his hands (in Snow gloves) were frozen. Luckily for you your Outlet Mall trip is before you head to the cold climate - Check out Columbia & the North Face if you can.

ime for me to go do the things I need to do so I can get the packing started - keep posting, countdown should start to get frantic soon :) P.S. Have you started packing yet?

BIO, yes we are very nervous about what Quebec is going to bring :rotfl:. I feel like we have the right weather gear but we don't have balaclavas - yet!!!!! Definitely not ruling them out :laughing:.

If you are only going to the US, then I think there are likely better options than the travelsim. There is a thread down the thread page with amazing advice from many, especially Andona, she is the resident guru.

Goodness me, I can't believe how close the trip is. Still soooooo much work to do for clients but I will get there in the end I guess. Trying not to "wig" out.

So my husband has redeemed himself and I now will not have to divorce him because he has done all of the whole 3 things on his to do list. Lucky ;).

I have done most things, just those small details to tidy up now like:-

• Getting mail held
  • Getting teacher's presents organised
  • Sending off presents to the family members here that we gift to
  • Make snack bags for plane
  • Organise the gardener to come a few times while we are away
  • Write a Christmas newsletter to my clients and send
  • Write address tags for new suitcases/bags
  • Pack whatever can be packed now.

That's a long enough list for today :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I forgot to update on here that we are also now having a "family photo shoot" while at WDW. It's so crazy, I'm a family photographer and we have never had our own family photos taken.

There is a photographer in Orlando whom I am always admired, she actually does alot of commercial work for Disney also. Anyway I emailed her on the off chance she could fit us in while we are at WDW and she can so we are having a photo shoot at the Boardwalk one afternoon.

I'm freaking out about being on the other side of the lens but I know I will treasure the photos ALWAYS!!!!!!

Winter's arrive here in Buffalo/Niagara Falls right on schedule. Highs around 0 C all this week. First snowfall over the weekend. (Though not any accumlation at our house.)

I forgot where we left it, are you going to give us a buzz when you are in Niagara Falls. I seem to remember you shortened up your time here significantly, so if not that is OK. I can PM you are phone # if you want anyways so you have a local contact just in case.

SkierPete

Winter's arrive here in Buffalo/Niagara Falls right on schedule. Highs around 0 C all this week. First snowfall over the weekend. (Though not any accumlation at our house.)

I forgot where we left it, are you going to give us a buzz when you are in Niagara Falls. I seem to remember you shortened up your time here significantly, so if not that is OK. I can PM you are phone # if you want anyways so you have a local contact just in case.

SkierPete

Pete, yes our time is considerably shorter, I think we will arrive into Niagara Falls at around 12noon and we are leaving at 8.30am the next day. Very quick and yes you are right, probably not worth the effort :rotfl:. That is certainly very brief but we will get to see the falls, it's all organised and I think it will be a worthwhile experience.

Probably won't have time for a catch up since it's so whirlwind but I would love it if you PM'd me your number in case we run into trouble. So long as you don't mind Pete, that would be wonderful.

Oh Ms Shuttergirl, I hope you share your family WDW photos with us! Or maybe on FB if you feel more comfortable there.

It must feel very weird for you to be photographed when you are a photographer :rotfl2:

Oh Ms Shuttergirl, I hope you share your family WDW photos with us! Or maybe on FB if you feel more comfortable there.

It must feel very weird for you to be photographed when you are a photographer :rotfl2:

I will definitely share them, so long as I don't look too hideous :rotfl2:

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
I will definitely share them, so long as I don't look too hideous :rotfl2:

Lol. You will look gorgeous i am sure. I often tweak my photos in post processing.. a little nip and tuck and concealer and i look slightly more respectable :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter