US & Canada PTR - 2 sleeps to go, wow

Goodness, how does a baby get a fractured leg during a caesar? :eek: Wouldn't that be upsetting.

Glad the other bookings have worked out so far, with either you or handing them on.

Aww those poor bubbas :(. I hope they both recover quickly.

At least your workload has been reduced :)

Goodness, how does a baby get a fractured leg during a caesar? :eek: Wouldn't that be upsetting.

Glad the other bookings have worked out so far, with either you or handing them on.

Poor little Bub. Hope he's okay.

Yes the fractured leg really had the mummy shaken up, poor luv. I would be very upset.

Yes it's good that it is working out a bit better in just one day.

wow. yay to the reduced workload. i hope that you are feeling less stressed.

for me, i get more and more stressed until we are actually through the gates at our destination airport, through customs and immigration and actually on us soil. then i can relax. prior to that point, i'm still in pre-vacation stress out mode :)

i am sure your vacation will be amazing :) lots of good thoughts being sent your way re the packing issue... i don't recommend doing what we did -- we started packing around 11pm, finished around 2.30am, lay awake in bed for the next three hours until alarm went off at 5.30am :(

anything must be better than that :)

Wow, poor bubba! At least it reduces your stress levels a bit even if its a horrible reason. Cannot wait to read your TR at some point! Soo exciting!

Just had a text from one of my "waiting" mummas and she's in labour, it's happening so should be an interesting night. Hoping to meet this bubba either Thurs or Fri but I've thrown her the challenge of getting here on Tues.

Little does she know it's because I wanna focus on my holiday packing :rotfl2:

Just had a text from one of my "waiting" mummas and she's in labour, it's happening so should be an interesting night. Hoping to meet this bubba either Thurs or Fri but I've thrown her the challenge of getting here on Tues.

Little does she know it's because I wanna focus on my holiday packing :rotfl2:

lol. this sounds like such a lovely thing lisa. to have pics of your newborn as a brand new born... it makes my heart go all warm and soft and squishy. when we have kids, i will be challenging myself to do the drive from bris to canberra within a few days for this :)

MsShuttergirl, you could always arrange to meet her at the hospital just after she's had the baby and is all cleaned up :). Those 'firsts' pics would be awesome, first feed, first bath etc.

I think it's funny that the photographer is on her list of people she needs to let know she is in labour. (Although I understand you do need to know)

I think it's funny that the photographer is on her list of people she needs to let know she is in labour. (Although I understand you do need to know)

Battymum - Are you saying that you didn't do the same?

:sad2:

What sort of mum were you?

(Don't answer that...the answer is really obvious.....Batty(mum)).

:goodvibes

Heck, my babies are fifteen, I would have had to send a carrier pigeon!

Or, use a land line and call, and I'm not doing that in labour!!

I need to confess I am not a baby lover-sorry guys but they just don't inspire me-I like it when they get to the interesting cheeky stage or when they are interacting with their toys etc so around 18 months and up....that's probably why I only had one! and the fact she was so good I figured stop while the goings good. I take my hat off to those of you who manage big families - the thought scares me to death!

You are now at the 7 days mark! :cheer2:

Those poor little bubbas - imagine the mum of the wee boy with the fractured leg would be quite upset! They are pretty rough getting them out though so it probably happens more often than people realise - I felt like there was a hell of a lot of pushing and pulling going on down there when I had mine. :crazy2:

I feel a bit jealous of all these organised mothers with their beautiful newborn photos - it just never occurred to me with DD, marlea you are one up on me we don't even have any pixiphotos. Just a couple of blurry photos taken by the mr when I told him to snap out of it, stop looking so green and take photos of the baby - he doesn't do well around blood so probably wasn't the best choice of support person during my casaerean :sad2:

Well they normally don't text me to say they are in labour :rotfl: but when they book I ask that they contact me the day baby arrives to make sure we can book in a date between the 4-12 day mark for best results.

I get very shirty if a client rings me when the baby is already 2 weeks old and my schedule is packed because I provide them with alot of information at the beginning of the booking about this stuff.

This woman is a past client and is desperate for me to capture bub before I go away, and she's the funniest lady ever so I think she a. wanted to make sure I kept dates free and b. knew it would give me a giggle to know she is labouring away :rotfl2:.

Wendy - I love love love squishy new bubbas so much, I know many like yourself don't, but adore them.

After my MIL leaves for the airport today the packing will begin in earnest. With this being the last day with all of the family in the house at the same time, other than sleeping, I need to do clothing packing with them.

DH is jetsetting off interstate for a few days and with the kids sporting and social commitments, today is the day to make some serious headway.

Wish me luck, it shall be needed.....

Good luck, Shuttergirl. You'll be fine. I'm guessing you've already got your list and now it's a matter of checking it twice and ticking everything off.

Good luck, Shuttergirl. You'll be fine. I'm guessing you've already got your list and now it's a matter of checking it twice and ticking everything off.

You make me sound like Santa. Well I do have the belly for it:lmao:, so padding needed here. And a jolly laugh, and long curls - hmmmm maybe I am santa because Red is my favourite colour too.:rotfl:

;)

Go prancer, go dancer, go dasher, go donner....

Just make sure that Rudolf takes the lead with his red nose and you'll be fine. :thumbsup2

Happy packing. You are in the home straight. Just keep swimming, this will all be worth it when you are winging your way across the Pacific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter