Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am trying to decide if we will change our October trip from SSR to VB. We can not get an OVIR for the week. We would have to reserve a studio for the first 2 nights and then change to an OVIR for the last 5.
On our check out/check in day will we have beach towels available to use at the beach? I understand that they are in the room, so I am thinking we would need to leave them in the studio we are checking out of and we would not have them from the OVIR we are checking in to.
Does Bell Services at Vero have refrigeration capabilities to store cold food during the day?
Also, is there anywhere to shower and change after checkout. We are thinking we could use the beach for a few hours after check out before heading to the airport, but we would need to change.
Thanks for your help.

You can get towels by the pool, just be sure to return them. No problem with storing perishables. You can shower and change at the facilities near the pool.

You can get towels by the pool, just be sure to return them. No problem with storing perishables. You can shower and change at the facilities near the pool.

Thanks for the reply.
I thought the beach towels were now provided IN the rooms, not by the pool. Can I still get some by the pool.
I booked VB today and we are now excited to be visiting the beach.

Thanks for the reply.
I thought the beach towels were now provided IN the rooms, not by the pool. Can I still get some by the pool.
I booked VB today and we are now excited to be visiting the beach.

Yes VB towels are in the room, but you go to the pool area to exchange them. So, if you're going to get some before your room is ready, that's where you would have to go. I guess you would show them your room key. They must have a system because often the rooms aren't ready much before 4.

Thanks Bobbi, for your reply
We have been all over the map on this vacation - very unlike us. DS was married 2 weeiks ago and we are very tired from the preparation/celebration. We were originally booked in a 1 BR at VB for October this year, then at 6.5 months changed to a F & W festival visit at SSR. We could not get our Home Resort of BCV at 6.5 months in October so booked at SSR. Now we are regretting our change form the VB 1 BR. We are tired and looking for a "down time" week, although I am going to miss the F & W festival. The 1 BR is only available 3 of our 7 nights. But the OVIR that DH wants is only available 5 of our 7 nights. I HATE split stays, as I am a "nester" and want to unpack and be done with it. I unpack even on 2 or 3 day business trips.
But we booked a split stay today and I will expand my horizons.
I will be asking questions, and asking for forgiveness, for things I asked many months ago.
Thanks In Advance for all your help

Thanks Bobbi, for your reply
We have been all over the map on this vacation - very unlike us. DS was married 2 weeiks ago and we are very tired from the preparation/celebration. We were originally booked in a 1 BR at VB for October this year, then at 6.5 months changed to a F & W festival visit at SSR. We could not get our Home Resort of BCV at 6.5 months in October so booked at SSR. Now we are regretting our change form the VB 1 BR. We are tired and looking for a "down time" week, although I am going to miss the F & W festival. The 1 BR is only available 3 of our 7 nights. But the OVIR that DH wants is only available 5 of our 7 nights. I HATE split stays, as I am a "nester" and want to unpack and be done with it. I unpack even on 2 or 3 day business trips.
But we booked a split stay today and I will expand my horizons.
I will be asking questions, and asking for forgiveness, for things I asked many months ago.
Thanks In Advance for all your help

So how is your split going to work? OVIR first? How many nights in each? We like to unpack for the stay too, but you have some veteran splitters here that can help. At least it is in the same resort. I have read in the past how important it is to talk to the desk about your split and how to best make it happen as seamlessly as possible.

Good Luck :beach:

I'm glad to have found this thread because we're spending a weekend at Vero Beach in Sept. I'm especially excited to see that they have a spa. We live in FL so we're driving down Friday after work and staying till Sunday. It will just be my husband and I, so I'd love to know if there's enough to do for childless adults. We're both beach people, so between that, the spa and the restaurants I'm figuring we'll be pretty well set.

So how is your split going to work? OVIR first? How many nights in each? We like to unpack for the stay too, but you have some veteran splitters here that can help. At least it is in the same resort. I have read in the past how important it is to talk to the desk about your split and how to best make it happen as seamlessly as possible.

Yes, wasn't Denise able to go from the 1 bedroom directly to the inn rooms? I think they were told at the first check in that the resort does try to accomodate people who are moving.

FIRST VISIT TO VERO, WAS AWESOME!

Just returned from a 4 night Vero Stay in a 2 BR Lockoff! Wow, what a gorgeous 3rd floor Ocean View Unit! 1438, 1439...Loved loved the location...next building to pool, but no pool noise!

Spent 3 nights at Kidani and loved it there too!:cool1::cool1:

Vero was such an awesome way for us to "wind down"...I truly felt the temperature was cooler at Vero than Orlando...Heat in the parks was oppressive and I don't mind hot weather! Had fabulous weather the entire trip...only 3 hours on rain the whole time! Unprecented for this time of year normally!

I FELT THE CM'S WERE SO FRIENDLY AT VERO! EVERYONE IS SO RELAXED AND LAID BACK! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Yellow flag 3 days, red flag, one day(ripcurrents that day were very bad)...

TRULY ENJOYED THE TRANQUILITY OF THIS RESORT! VERY NICELY MAINTAINED!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Italian 2 nights...BOTH WERE DELICIOUS! WOULD DEFINATELY RETURN TO THOSE RESTAURANTS! AVANZARE IN VERO AND BELLA NAPOLI IN VERO!:dance3:

Take out NY pizza for lunch at Orchid Island Pizza...GREAT!:banana:

Never made it to Ocean Grille...Next time...on our list!

Captain Hirams, one night, Sebastian.. great for seafood...ribs at next table looked great...would return!

Squid Lids, one night, Sebastian...open air on docks...too windy while eating...asked for the shades to be brought down and they said they couldn't...wasn't overly impressed with the food...would not return there.

Can't wait to return to Vero! A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We have a studio booked for the first 2 nights and we are moving to an OVIR on Monday - Our 41st Anniversary for the remaining 5 nights!!!! I am thinking we will be "homeless" on Monday, so I am going to research a trip to Kennedy Space Center as a possibility for the day.

I read through the first 46 pages of this thread again yesterday (and I will finish today :cool1:). I read that there are a handfull of King bed OVIR. Someone asked, and I didn't see the answer, if these all had "enclosed balconies". Does anyone know? I think I am going to request a King Bed room, but DH wants a good ocean view as well.

Any suggestions on how to best manage a split stay are welcome. Thanks for all your help.

Just returned from a 4 night Vero Stay in a 2 BR Lockoff! Wow, what a gorgeous 3rd floor Ocean View Unit! 1438, 1439...Loved loved the location...next building to pool, but no pool noise!

Vero was such an awesome way for us to "wind down"...I truly felt the temperature was cooler at Vero than Orlando...Heat in the parks was oppressive and I don't mind hot weather! Had fabulous weather the entire trip...only 3 hours on rain the whole time! Unprecented for this time of year normally!

I FELT THE CM'S WERE SO FRIENDLY AT VERO! EVERYONE IS SO RELAXED AND LAID BACK! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

TRULY ENJOYED THE TRANQUILITY OF THIS RESORT! VERY NICELY MAINTAINED!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Italian 2 nights...BOTH WERE DELICIOUS! WOULD DEFINATELY RETURN TO THOSE RESTAURANTS! AVANZARE IN VERO AND BELLA NAPOLI IN VERO!:dance3:

Captain Hirams, one night, Sebastian.. great for seafood...ribs at next table looked great...would return!

Squid Lids, one night, Sebastian...open air on docks...too windy while eating...asked for the shades to be brought down and they said they couldn't...wasn't overly impressed with the food...would not return there.

Can't wait to return to Vero! A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Glad you had a great time. I didn't realize you could get and ocean view from bldg 14. They must have trimmed back some of the tall vegetation.

Welcome back. Glad to read you had a great time. We thought it was much cooler in Vero too. I guess being right on the ocean helped.

It was windy at Squid Lips for us too. But not so much that we could not eat or that it became annoying.

Will try Capt. Hirma's next time too. We can't wait to go back. Weather must have changed a bit a week/10 days later.

Didn't you also do a split stay at Wilderness Lodge from my memory of your posts?

How did you enjoy Wilderness Lodge? Looks very nice....Glad you enjoyed Vero as well!

Vero will definately be a repeat vaca on our list! Such an awesome way to wind down! We're doing the Disney Dream next August for 4 nights...first time for a family cruise!:banana::banana:Will do 4 nights pre-cruise either at Beach Club Villas or maybe Vero again!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Didn't you also do a split stay at Wilderness Lodge from my memory of your posts?

How did you enjoy Wilderness Lodge? Looks very nice....Glad you enjoyed Vero as well!

Vero will definately be a repeat vaca on our list! Such an awesome way to wind down! We're doing the Disney Dream next August for 4 nights...first time for a family cruise!:banana::banana:Will do 4 nights pre-cruise either at Beach Club Villas or maybe Vero again!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, we also did a split stay and for the first time at both resorts. We enjoyed each one. My daughter and nieces actually commented that they liked Vero better. So far we have liked each resort we have stayed at.

We were also planning on cruising on the Dream next August. Too many medical issues w/family members (parents and sister). We then decided that we should soon (like in a month) decide, pick a date and book. Possible converting two cabins to points. (My brother also a dvc member was doing the same - we were looking at a total of 3/4 cabins).

It seems from Carol's thread that this is not possible anymore. if you have not booked on points, you are out of luck and if you did book and want to change the date, out of luck also if you want to convert to points, out of luck again til 09/2011. Seems like DCL is booked pretty well.

My friend is booked on the Alaska cruise with cash. She wanted to convert to points. I told her this morning what I read and sure enough when she called MS to convert to points, she was told it was sold out.

We will have to re-think our plans for next year and will have to read everyone's reports. I am glad you are in.

Heading down today!! Cant wait for some beach time!:love:
Have a great, safe, wonderful trip!! We leave in 35 days, split trip VB/BCV and can't wait. Let us know if the new VB spa space is open for business :goodvibes ENJOY!!

Enjoy! Hope you have GREAT WEATHER LIKE WE DID!

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO RELAX! AWESOME RESORT!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I read on this thread that there is quite a hefty ledge of sand between the chairs and the beach. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is getting up and down from the beach to the resort. We are staying there this fall and will have in-laws with us who are in their 80's, so I am concerned how difficult this may be. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I can tell you that even if your in-laws are in great shape, you will have to be there to lend them a hand. They really need one area with steps/ramp and a railing for those that need to hold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter