Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read somewhere that DVC members staying on points at VB are able to pool hop at the WDW resorts (with the same rules as those staying at WDW).

Do VB guests also count as resort guests and able to take advantage of extra magic hours at the theme parks.

We are staying three nights during our april spring break after our Dream cruise and might go to the parks for a day, but anticipate large crowds and would love to take advantage of the magic hours if we could.

Do the VB room keys look just like normal key to the world cards?

Thanks

DH and I will be at VB 12/31-1/4/11. Where in VB is a good place to celebrate the New Year?

We are waitlisted for the 29th and 30th also so please send us some pixie dust for our waitlist because if not we will be homeless for two nights since we fly down on the 29th :lmao::lmao:

DH and I will be at VB 12/31-1/4/11. Where in VB is a good place to celebrate the New Year?

We are waitlisted for the 29th and 30th also so please send us some pixie dust for our waitlist because if not we will be homeless for two nights since we fly down on the 29th :lmao::lmao:

If your WL does not come through, Costa d Este and VB Resort and Spa are nice and usually hotwireable. There are lots of private communities with membership clubs that throw huge parties - so the options in town may be limited. Costa D Este has a beach and pool front bar and band, and they have cocktail-dress events frequently. I would bet that they will do something fancy that 's open to the public. (for fathers day, for example, they had a special fixed price grill with live music, dancing, and drinks by the water.)

Of course, VB will have fam-friendly and casual-dress festivities.

I recently came back from Vero Beach and stayed in a dedicated 2-bedroom with just 3 PEOPLE. We had a friend of the family, join us and we wanted to give her the true Disney touch of service and amenities.

2_Bedroom Villa - Beautiful!!! They look so much better after the major renovation. In fact they look much nicer than OKW, and that's our favorite resort. Remember, Dedicated 2-Bedrooms are located in the back of the buildings, so you will look at the road and waterways behind the resort. We were on the top floor and had the dormer ceilings. Very classy and intimate. The ambiance inside the rooms is so relaxing with little bits of color that bring the room to life.

We cooked gourmet meals while on vacation. I know that sounds crazy, but the villas has all the amenities from homes, we just brought 2 non-stick pans and a few knives with all the groceries. Our friend never ate so good, and we did not miss going out for dinner.

Shutters is nice for lunch, but go to the Green Cabin Room instead, a much better view of the ocean.

When at Vero be prepared to do nothing. Just enjoy the pool and beach, they are really awesome. I'll be happy to answer any questions one might have.

Ask away!

We dined at the Riverside Grill in August and the food is pretty good. I will say the fried lobster was VERY tasty. The atmosphere and dress is very casual. :goodvibes Oh, I also would like to mention that I had the best pizza in Vero at a little pizza place named Italian Delight. It is located at
600 6th Avenue in a small strip mall. My husband had the Penne Sicilian and that was fantastic.

We dined at the Riverside Grill in August and the food is pretty good. I will say the fried lobster was VERY tasty. The atmosphere and dress is very casual. :goodvibes Oh, I also would like to mention that I had the best pizza in Vero at a little pizza place named Italian Delight. It is located at
600 6th Avenue in a small strip mall. My husband had the Penne Sicilian and that was fantastic.

Thank You for the information on the Riverside Grill, I think we may eat there when we are in Vero in 23 days:yay:

Just checking back in and saying hello after what seems like forever.What a roller coaster ride it has been the last few months. Hope all of you are well and enjoyed the summer. pirate:

Psst...Rob....Post #1 needs a copy change.....

UPDATE**** Emily921 has provided an update with the 1020 rack rates...

Either that, or Chris Columbus was WAY behind the times!!!
;)

Hi Mike!
I hope that roller coaster ride ended with a smile on your face!!

Walked through the new spa at Vero today after having breakfast at Shutters. It is beautiful. They said they are still waiting on their massage license but should have that in two weeks.

The treatment rooms are real nice. All the products are organic. Looking forward to using this as a local. It looks nicer than many of the spas in the area.

I didn't think it would be a full service operation but it certainly looks to be. I hope it works out well.

They gave us a full treatment price list. It did seem a little on the expensive side. I'm curious if there will be a DVC discount available???

Psst...Rob....Post #1 needs a copy change.....

Either that, or Chris Columbus was WAY behind the times!!!
;)

Tnahks, I gto taht fxied.

Seriously now.... EVERYONE!

Earlier in the year I invited DVCconvert the reigns to the VB thread for 2011. Turned out (he/she) is traveling extensively over the next year.

NOW!

Who will take the reigns for the 2011 thread?

starbox... You know you want to. You have first dibs.
MiaSRN62... You've done a great job before. Second dibs.

How about:

madcocco?
bobbiwoz?
Mahusky?
photobob?

How about a nomination?

Got to keep the thread going... Who's it going to be?

If anyone is heading over to VB this week, please play safe around the surf. Was out on the water early yesterday and it was windy and rough and had to head back in to Port. There were a number rescues north of the Resort. Red flags were out and supposed to go to double Red today. Waves are 4-6 ft at the Resort and 11-16 ft North into Brevard County. Even after the swells calm down there could be severe Rip Currents through the week.

What does the job entail? Rob don't know if will have the time to update regularly. Starbox want to take a stab at it?;)
r2t0n5.jpg

29wfb5.jpg

Wonder if this is from Hurricane Igor? We are heading to Vero October 10-11, hope it calms down by then. :scared1:

Yesterday DSis said the waves in Cape May NJ were the highest she's ever seen. I remember when hurricanes routinely missed Bermuda, but Igor's hitting it hard.

Posting is one thing, being Threadmaster is another. Thanks for the invitation, but it's not something I'm inclined to do.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Heading to Disney's Vero Beach for one night this weekend. I can't wait!

Wondering what would be our best bet for dinner if just in town for one night? We're just two adults but one of us isn't a huge fan of seafood.

We were at Vero this same time last year.....water and weather was perfect!!!!!!!!:love:

So glad to hear this encouraging news! We don't get much opportunity to visit VB these days, so the day after our weekend cruise was a great chance to make it over. Hope we are lucky too! :)

I wanted my parents to join us at VB in two weeks but when I called this morning to book a room for them I couldn't get all the nights. I called back this afternoon to get the few nights I could and the dates I originally wanted were available. :yay:

We are all there from October 6 - 12 We are in a 1 bdrm they are in a studio. Now we just need a little more pixie dust. I requested building 14 on the ground floor so we can be close to the pool and not have to use elevators. pixiedust:

I wanted my parents to join us at VB in two weeks but when I called this morning to book a room for them I couldn't get all the nights. I called back this afternoon to get the few nights I could and the dates I originally wanted were available. :yay:

We are all there from October 6 - 12 We are in a 1 bdrm they are in a studio. Now we just need a little more pixie dust. I requested building 14 on the ground floor so we can be close to the pool and not have to use elevators. pixiedust:

Good for you! Goes to show how much of a fluid situation this is. Good luck on your request too. At least they do have the elevators in every building though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter