Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on this thread that there is quite a hefty ledge of sand between the chairs and the beach. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is getting up and down from the beach to the resort. We are staying there this fall and will have in-laws with us who are in their 80's, so I am concerned how difficult this may be. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm at Vero now. The sand ledge is pretty steep in sections. I almost landed face down one day trying to climb up it. The County filled the bottom of the boardwalk completely with sand so the lower stairs are gone.

There may be some natural erosion by the fall but the sand will still be high.

:cloud9:
Thanks for the well wishes on our trip!

Got back last night from a great relaxing one week stay! This was our longest stay so far, and it was a real treat to have the whole week to chill out or go check out the area .

The weather was great , no rain, but the waves and rip tides were quite rough from the weather off the coast. Our last three days, only the really brave were out there swimming. But the surfers and boarders looked like they where having a blast!

We did have an incident with bugs in the room...ants. After day two my DD19 was complaining about bug bites. I told her it was the no-see ums and make sure she put enough bug spray on at night. She kept saying she was itchy when she got in bed...upon further review..yup, ants every where..teeny, tiny ...but all over the rug and IN her bed!:scared1::scared1:. But the CM at the desk handled it great... this was midnight, at first told me I'd have to wait till morning, they would send new linen...um no, you sleep in that bed...they he said, your absolutely right, we are moving you for the night and will spray and do a complete clean in the morning. Housekeeping had a bit of an attitude, (jelly beans from a previous guest were under the night stand, and missed by them, so figured they got the blame on this one) . But we were back in our room next morning by 9am. So I thought it was dealt with fine.

This was our first time staying in the summer, I was surprised that we got to see all the sea life we did. Turtle nest are still everywhere, with more nest every night. The strong , high waves have washed away quite a few of the nests though :sad1: was hard to see some of the baby turtles not make it or nests ruined. Another sad sight was a large dead turtle washed up on the beach. From the looks of it, the poor thing had been dead and out to sea for quite awhile.

But we did go to Bathtub reef (amazing to see !) and on the River cruise, and saw tons of things...small fish, big fish, two kinds of rays,( rays were jumping right out in front of the resort by the jet ski markers-my DD said they jump cause something is chasing them??? :scared1:) manatees, turtles, crabs.

We also enjoyed some shopping time in Vero and the outlet mall...this trip had dinner at :

Capt Hiram's - like it, great table and food was good
Squid Lips - so-so food, great table
Waldos - didn't care for the food or service at all
Shutters Seafood Buffet - enjoyed it, ate way too many crab legs, lol
Bella Napoli - if you like Italian food, gotta try here, was dee-lish!

What a great trip!!

Gail

Got back last night from a great relaxing one week stay! This was our longest stay so far, and it was a real treat to have the whole week to chill out or go check out the area .

The weather was great , no rain, but the waves and rip tides were quite rough from the weather off the coast. Our last three days, only the really brave were out there swimming. But the surfers and boarders looked like they where having a blast!

We did have an incident with bugs in the room...ants. After day two my DD19 was complaining about bug bites. I told her it was the no-see ums and make sure she put enough bug spray on at night. She kept saying she was itchy when she got in bed...upon further review..yup, ants every where..teeny, tiny ...but all over the rug and IN her bed!:scared1::scared1:. But the CM at the desk handled it great... this was midnight, at first told me I'd have to wait till morning, they would send new linen...um no, you sleep in that bed...they he said, your absolutely right, we are moving you for the night and will spray and do a complete clean in the morning. Housekeeping had a bit of an attitude, (jelly beans from a previous guest were under the night stand, and missed by them, so figured they got the blame on this one) . But we were back in our room next morning by 9am. So I thought it was dealt with fine.

This was our first time staying in the summer, I was surprised that we got to see all the sea life we did. Turtle nest are still everywhere, with more nest every night. The strong , high waves have washed away quite a few of the nests though :sad1: was hard to see some of the baby turtles not make it or nests ruined. Another sad sight was a large dead turtle washed up on the beach. From the looks of it, the poor thing had been dead and out to sea for quite awhile.

But we did go to Bathtub reef (amazing to see !) and on the River cruise, and saw tons of things...small fish, big fish, two kinds of rays,( rays were jumping right out in front of the resort by the jet ski markers-my DD said they jump cause something is chasing them??? :scared1:) manatees, turtles, crabs.

We also enjoyed some shopping time in Vero and the outlet mall...this trip had dinner at :

What a great trip!!

Gail

Glad to hear you had a nice trip but sorry about the ants. We were there for 3 nights and thought it was too short.

We also had those tiny, really tiny ants by the kitchenette area. The pool and pool area must have been packed then for you guys.

We can't wait to stay here again.

What a great trip!!

Gail

Glad you had a great trip, but yuck about the ants! Hope your DD's skin is doing better.

Can your give more info about the Outlet Mall - where is it? I'd like to check it out online and see what stores are there.

Thanks for sharing your report, Tiger :)

We too LOVED VERO, 4 NIGHTS..GOT BACK FRIDAY, AUGUST 20TH!

AWESOME WEATHER THERE! LOVED THE LAID BACK FEELING OF THE RESORT AFTER WDW!!!

WILL BE RETURNING DEFINATELY IN FUTURE!

WE TOO LOVED LOVED BELLA NAPOLI!

LIKED CAPTAIN HIRAMS ALOT TOO!

WOULD NOT DO SQUID LIPS...COULDN'T RAVE ABOUT FOOD..ALSO GOT BLOWN AWAY WHILE EATING FROM BREEZE..NOT EVEN FUN.....EVERYTHING WAS FLYING OFF TABLE:scared1::scared1:

CAN'T WAIT FOR FUTURE TRIP TO VERO! VERY PLEASED!:yay::yay:

Glad you had a great trip, but yuck about the ants! Hope your DD's skin is doing better.

Can your give more info about the Outlet Mall - where is it? I'd like to check it out online and see what stores are there.

Thanks for sharing your report, Tiger :)

We when to these two malls and the some of the smaller shops right in Vero Beach...malls closed a lot earlier than they do here at home...most closed at 8pm and the shops in Vero closed at 5pm

http://www.verobeachoutlets.com/
http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=140

Does anyone know if they do the seafood buffet year round or only seasonally? We will be there the 1st week in October and I wonder if they will offer it then.
Thanks

Yes, wasn't Denise able to go from the 1 bedroom directly to the inn rooms? I think they were told at the first check in that the resort does try to accomodate people who are moving.

:thumbsup2 YEP they told me at the front desk that they let house keeping know who is MOVING and they try and get those rooms ready first. Ours were ready at 11:00 when we checked out of the 1br. :goodvibes

What a great trip!!

Gail

So glad you had a great trip, we LOVE vero! We were there in June and saw a lot of turtles too. One that swam right through a group of people up to the shore. Of course we also were told to get out of the water twice because of sharks:scared1: We got back in though! I was wondering more about Bathtub reef, as we are thinking about trying that out next summer. This will be our 4th trip down to Vero and we will not be doing the parks next summer so we will have a longer stay. I would love some more info or pics on this. It looks great, how long of a trip is it from vero? Thanks!

Our Waitlist for an OVIR for our first 2 nights in October came through today. :cool1: I am so excited. We were in a studio for 2 nights and then moving to an OVIR for the last 5 nights. I really like to unpack and "nest", so this is great for me.
The one caveat is that "I" am spoiled and really want a 1 BR, which we are waitlisted for too. Once you have stayed in a 1 BR you never want to go back. But DH really wants the Ocean View, and I want to please him. So I am going to cancel our WL tomorrow.
Now I have requested a King Bed Room, which will make my week so much better. I don't want 2 Queen beds and no comfortable chairs/couch to sit on. So the King Room will be perfect for our week. Since there are so few of them. I am planning on not getting one, but hoping. Please send me Pixie Dust for that request. I believe we will love Vero no matter what.

Hopefully, I'm happy for you!

I checked online yesterday and my waitlist for a 1bdrm came through.:cool1: I haven't gotten the paper copy in the mail yet. We were going to have to do 4 nights in 1 bdrm then 1 night in a studio, then 1 night in a 1 bdrm. I also like to nest and moving kids around was not appealing.

We are at the 30 day mark now. :banana:

Hopefully, I'm happy for you!

I checked online yesterday and my waitlist for a 1bdrm came through.:cool1: I haven't gotten the paper copy in the mail yet. We were going to have to do 4 nights in 1 bdrm then 1 night in a studio, then 1 night in a 1 bdrm. I also like to nest and moving kids around was not appealing.

We are at the 30 day mark now. :banana:

Congratulations roysbrew, when do you check in? That would have been way too much moving for me!!!

A question for the veteran Vero Beach goers.
Any reviews of (Jack Barker's) Lobster Shanty in Vero Beach? From the online menus on the net it seems it is owned by the same group as Mr. Manatee's. We are planning 7 nights of restaurant eating (no kitchen). Other than our night at the Ocean Grill I am wanting casual, laid back, "beach food". I am thinking:
Shutters twice, Ocean Grill (for our Aniversary celebration), Capt Hiram's - looks like fun, Squid Lips, maybe Sonya's - I'm not sure, and Mr. Manatee's.
But it seems like Mr. Manatee's is primarily sandwiches, burgers and baskets. The Lobster Shanty has more entree choices, but I have not heard it mentioned here. Any opinions or suggestions? Also, Gloria Estefan's restaurant does not appeal to us.
Thanks

Congratulations roysbrew, when do you check in? That would have been way too much moving for me!!!

A question for the veteran Vero Beach goers.
Any reviews of (Jack Barker's) Lobster Shanty in Vero Beach? From the online menus on the net it seems it is owned by the same group as Mr. Manatee's. We are planning 7 nights of restaurant eating (no kitchen). Other than our night at the Ocean Grill I am wanting casual, laid back, "beach food". I am thinking:
Shutters twice, Ocean Grill (for our Aniversary celebration), Capt Hiram's - looks like fun, Squid Lips, maybe Sonya's - I'm not sure, and Mr. Manatee's.
But it seems like Mr. Manatee's is primarily sandwiches, burgers and baskets. The Lobster Shanty has more entree choices, but I have not heard it mentioned here. Any opinions or suggestions? Also, Gloria Estefan's restaurant does not appeal to us.
Thanks

We don't dine out much, but a couple years ago we took our DS and DDIL who is from a fishing family (Alaska). They ate seafood all the time. They loved the Lobster Shack. Can't say much more.

We don't dine out much, but a couple years ago we took our DS and DDIL who is from a fishing family (Alaska). They ate seafood all the time. They loved the Lobster Shack. Can't say much more.

Thanks DisDaydreamer, it is on the list!!
Any comments on the Riverside Grill?
Thanks

Well, we just booked a post-Disney, pre-Disney cruise stay at Vero Beach. Never been there, but I wanted to try something non-theme park. We loved our stay at HHI last year, so thought we'd give this a try. We'll be there from 9/20-9/23. Looking forward to something different! I'm going to have to go back over this thread, but is there any must-do for a 4 year old girl?

this is nice to see. we bought vero beach points but have never stayed there. i always wondered if anyone went there.

good to know that there are vero beach fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter