Virtual Magic Kingdom Game (Beta Launch)

netposer

Mouseketeer
"The virtual space allows you to game some of the popular Magic Kindom rides, such as Pirates and Jungle Cruise. From the launch site: "For a limited time you can be one of the first Guests to live inside Disney's new online multi-Player game. Create your own adventures, control your Character and interact with Players from around the globe! Share thrilling competitions, exciting adventures and endless interactive Disney magic on the Internet. Help us make this online world a better place to play!"

http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=VMKHomePage

I'm off to register and try it out...

Well, I'm off to check it out... well I'm going to try... DIALUP IS STUPID! I wish I had DSL or Cable :(.

Nope...

I'm there too... I'm the one that doesn't know what she's doing... *laughs*

Ok, I can only go so far and then I get a black screen. Any ideas? I guess I'll have to figure it out tomorrow. I'm too tired to deal with it now. It looks like it has potential though.

I can play it here at work (at lunch of course :rolleyes1 ) but at home all I get is the black screen - on all 3 computers and the laptop! The Tech support FAQ for VMK says to reinstall shockwave if it does that. Shockwave has now been reinstalled 4 times on my computer and home and it still does it. So, I'm not sure what to do :confused3 If any of you find out how to make it work, let me know. I'm hoping to show it to DD so she can play. I'm really excited about the in park quest for out trip in August :flower:

I got a black screen one time, but I reloaded it...it seemed to be working and the game was loading up....then I got a script error. Now the thing won't load at all, I just immediately get that error.

maxsmom said:
Ok, I can only go so far and then I get a black screen. Any ideas? I guess I'll have to figure it out tomorrow. I'm too tired to deal with it now. It looks like it has potential though.

You must be in the park at night :rotfl2:

I haven't tried it yet, myself. Off to give it a try.

Mine will get half way loaded and then stop loading (its like it freezes.. its got the like VMK icon and the load bar, it just doesn't move).

lol The VMK is like the new Magical Express, lots of bugs :rotfl2:

Mine loads through teh whole VMK logo and then it goes black again and just sits at 'transferring data'

booooooooo!

I thought the park was supposed to be open from 10 am to 2 am EST. But now (11:37 am) it says its closed for like 1300 min or something.

I know, I just read all about it and "think" I have a clue and now it is closed. Thats a long time, another 22 hours :(

I don't dare play! I will become addicted in the matter of minutes and DD12 will come home from school and take it over and that will be that, I won't be able to get near my computer! :rotfl2:

I know what you mean! My DS 12 was looking over my shoulder last night as I was making my character. He asked what it was and I said...um, nothing. He said it looked like a video game and I said...um, not really. :crazy:

I actually got in for a bit this morning and it froze up while I was in game. Then got the lovely black screen. They probably took the game down if everyone is having these problems.

Darn it! I had more pins to collect and hidden Mickeys to find! :rotfl:

So it doesn't open again until tomorrow at 10 a.m. Eastern? Darn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter