• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Virtual Magic Kingdom Game (Beta Launch)

sconnell said:
Oooo, that's good, how are we going to identify ourselves as DISers if we can't say DIS?

Well, if you see anyone with a lime green shirt (how about the Disneyland one with the D in the middle?) in the game, we can have a secret code question that is allowed (gam is down right now, so I can;t check if this is valid or not) How about "dis boards?" seems to work

well if anyone wants to know
my name is wdwlover
:)

Does anyone have a guess as to why I'm having trouble downloading Shockwave? I get network error, check your connection. Obviously, I am connected! Initially I got the black screen and thought Shockwave was the problem. Now I'd like to try without downloading, but it keeps automatically taking me to the download screen. Any ideas techies?

I'm glad to hear that there are other adults playing. I'm from the Pac Mac generation so these "live" games freak me out a little. I already found over 20 hidden Mickey's. I believe I got in the first day it launched. The 24th?

I have DSL so I didn't have any problems downloading the Shockwave file.

Try the jungle cruise game - it's fun and not very hard. The fireworks and pirates games are difficult for this grown-up.

I have experienced a few instances where my character just sort of froze and wouldn't move. I had to exit and log back in.

I also bought a teleporter for "My Tea House." I put one half in my husband's room so that we can teleport bac kand forth. We can only do this when we're both logged on.

I'm trying to think of anything else that might be helpful.....

Let me know if you have any questions.

where have you found the hidden mickeys
and how do you make the thing show
i've only found one
:(

hello
has anyone found the monorail stops??
i've only found 1 hidden mickey where are more??
help please

FYI, I am MissBelle and have my room- Blue Wonder ;)

Boy, I feel like I am 12 yrs old again !!! :wizard:

Argh!!!

I finally got the Shockwave to install, and the game is closed!

Does anyone know when it's supposed to open again?

if you restart the computer it will say play game
(i did that)
i now have 5 hidden mickeys
:)

Now it wouldn't be any fun if I told you where the hidden Mickey's are but here are some hints.

Try adjusting the brightness of your computer screen. I hadn't realized that my moniter was on the dark side so I was having a hard time finding the Mickey's. I've found at least 1, sometimes 2, in each room. As I collect them they seem to replenish in new places within a room.

The cool thing about the camera is that you can click on "take a picture" put the box over something that you thing might be a mickey, snap it, and it will highlight the Mickey, if there is one. However, if it isn't a hidden Mickey you can just cancel without wasting film.

I have found a few monorail stops but I can't remember where off the top of my head. I always seem to just stumble upon them.

You can also collect points or pins by double clicking on items within a room.

I've been to the website, but the computer I'm not now is a little old and slow. The whole thing looks like a blast, but I'll have to wait until I get home on my computer to really experience the whole thing.

Looks like a really fun way to waste time, though. :)

Arg! I still can't get in! I'm on a T3 connection for heavens sake. What is up?!

cheyita said:
Does anyone know when it's supposed to open again?
Disney only keeps the game open when they can moderate it, for safety of course. The game is open from 10:00 a.m. — 1:00 a.m. EST. During beta, they aren't really sticking to that schedule, but it is usually pretty close.

marypops! said:
well where can you find the specaial pins?
You can get some special pins for clicking on stuff, like the dragon and Yeti. If you see the cursor turn into a Mickey hand, just click on it and see what happens.

just joined today. i think when all our names are approved and stuff, we need to post them so we can befriend each other!

Oy! just got kicked out as a type. For no reason, jsut closed on me and went to log in screen. guess there will be some bugs to work out.

I have been playing for 2 days and this is wayyyyyy tooooooo addictive :teeth: I am on it as Winnifred (as in Winnie the Pooh and my kitten's name) If anyone has any ideas on the monorail let me know. I have been having fun finding the hidden pins and mickey's :goodvibes I have found 40 hidden Mickey's so far and about 10 pins. This is going to be like playing the Sim's but better ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter