• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Virtual Magic Kingdom Game (Beta Launch)

help me
i keep trying to do this but when i get to the terms and conditions i press agree and it comes up with an error 50

Worked for me but whats the point of it? Is it a game or a chat room?

The white list Disney lexicon is anoying. You cant ask another guest if they are from Disboards because "Disboards" isnt an approved word. Only being able to say words that Disney approve. Now thats frightening.

mattr555 said:
Worked for me but whats the point of it? Is it a game or a chat room?

The white list Disney lexicon is anoying. You cant ask another guest if they are from Disboards because "Disboards" isnt an approved word. Only being able to say words that Disney approve. Now thats frightening.

I can understand why Disney would limit word use. I don't want some person to 'talk' to my child or myself inappropriately. But, when I was trying it out last night, I tried to tell someone that there was a hidden mickey in the spider web. It wouldn't let me use the word web. Go figure. Web is a bad word? LOL

acidreignn said:
I can understand why Disney would limit word use. I don't want some person to 'talk' to my child or myself inappropriately. But, when I was trying it out last night, I tried to tell someone that there was a hidden mickey in the spider web. It wouldn't let me use the word web. Go figure. Web is a bad word? LOL

Ever try to chat on the Magical Gatherings planner? HORRIBLE. They have that too where certain words will show up as *** if they aren't approved when you push enter. All female terms such as lady, girl and such are *** when you hit them :confused3

We tried to say something about Lady and the Tramp and it came up *** and the ***. Now that is their own stupid movie. Also anything like class will show up cl***.

We figured a way around that was to type the first letter, then hit space and the rest of the word so it would at least show up and we could know what we are talking about, like l ady and the t ramp. I don't know if it will work here but it might be worth a shot!

help me
now everytime i try to do this it will come up saying th3at my username is 0
:(
i wanna be wdwlover
:sad:

Well, I didn't actually get into the game to do any chatting, but I did get a bit frustrated just trying to name my room, lol. I wanted to call it "Tracey's Tiki Room" but Tracey isn't an approved word. I couldn't be very descriptive either, because I couldn't find many words that I was allowed to use, lol.

Just a black screen for me too. What I found the most odd though is that when I went to register, it told me my username was already taken. Since that is my email address, I found that a bit odd. Tried one of my typical passwords and it let me in. Must be from registration on the main Disney site.

DD12 was on for a while a bit ago. SOmeone asked he where she was from and how old she was and any word related to age or place was blocked... was fine by me. I haven't had a chance to look at it for myself though. Will get to it tomorrow.

I believe in what Disney is doing. It's trying to watch it's back. There have been like law suits against ICQ and other im programs because someone's child was... I don't even know a good word to use... abducted(?) by talking to loonies on them. I'm sure Disney doesn't want that.

Speaking of which. I couldn't get it to work, so I had my computer friend look at it. Then he said to me, OMG I'm gonna be profiled by the FBI for pedophilia or something now (joking of course).

This is the message I get when I try to log in:

-- "Application crashed!"
-- "Please provide the following data to developers:"
-- "Script runtime error" "Four parameters expected" #script
-- "AdvNavigation : 0"
-- "client_crashtime : 10:15:49 PM"
-- "client_lastclick : "
-- "client_startdate : 5/25/2005"
-- "client_starttime : 10:10:50 PM"
-- "client_url : https://secure.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/register/login"
-- "client_version : 0.5.0 - 18.03.05"
-- "fx : 1"
-- "music : 1"
-- "ui : 1"
-- "user_credits : 0"
-- "volume : 240"
-- "
Object log:"
-- ""

I just read that (well it was the first time it stayed on my screen long enough). It says, -- "Please provide the following data to developers:"
I can't.. it won't let me email, it says my user name doesn't exist.

DS and I were in for a little while. It's kinda sorta fun, but the entrances and exits keep getting clogged up with people. Sometimes it's difficult to get in and out of a room via the exits. Then we got kicked out. Now all I'm getting is the black screen again.

This is actually a very interesting idea! I know it is a work in progress (having all the problems everyone else is) but it is so addicting! DH just sat there (playing his xbox) and shook his head saying "See...". :confused3 :love:

I can't wait to find out about the quests! I hope they don't limit it to kids 10-14!

Well.. at least mine loads to the black screen!

DD16 and I played together last evening. We had fun together. I'm hoping to meet her there again today. She is taking finals at school today and she will finish her keyboarding exam early and she will be able to login to play. :earboy2:

Finally played it last night, this looks pretty cool. Im sportin the lime green tshirt in honor of the dis!

Oooo, that's good, how are we going to identify ourselves as DISers if we can't say DIS?

i can't get on
it says that it's closed for me
and no timer
you on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter