Virtual Magic Kingdom Game (Beta Launch)

ok - this is soooooo fun. i am spending WAY to much time doing this. now i know what my son sees in those playstation games he is addicted to. i just had to find a scenario i was interested in. i am wizzing around on monorails and snapping mickeys. this is a blast. one question though - how the heck (besides shooting mickeys) do i earn points? (to afford film to shoot more mickeys.)

- lori

The game loads for me, then goes to a black screen, then a few seconds later a box pops up that says "connection lost, please relogin." I relogin, and it happens again, and so on and so on. Anyone come up with a solution? I tried everything - restarting the computer, firewalls, etc.

Anyone figure out how to take pics of the hidden mickeys that are in weird, out of camera range, places? Like in the room with the dragon...on the wall on the upper left in between the chains...only a little piece of the mickey fits into the camera viewfinder and it doesn't give me credit for it. There's another like it in the horseshoe saloon, on the upper balcony on the left. :confused3

Can anyone tell me how in the world to get the camera to work or how to collect points? All I can do is walk around! I am so confused :confused3 If this game is for 14 year olds then I must be way out of the loop :p Are there any directions on the website? I keep going to the help section, but cannot find anything.

Directions in Help aren't very good, IMO. To get a camera go to VMK central and click on the poster/banner on the wall...I think it might be of a skull but I can't remember, but it's behind the camera setting on the floor.

To get points I've been playing the Jungle Cruise game. I also like the fireworks game. You'll also get pins or other objects for playing or clicking on things in some of the rooms, like the dragon or the yeti.

Click on any "character" that talks to you when you enter an area. You get pins and points. Like the fortune teller in the Emporium and the dragon etc..

I got the hidden mickey picture in the saloon. Just drag your camera window around. I'm up to 25 hiddden mickeys.

I'm trying to figure out how to use magic now. It said something about needing a magic pin and I have no idea how to get one!

I am LOVING this game!!! I finally got in earlier. Had to leave to take my daughter to dance, and now I can't get it to work again! Ugh!!! I like the idea of posting all our names so that we can find each other once they are approved!

I think it went down is why it is closed now. I have had no problems with the game until about an hour ago. The 700 and whatever is minutes meaning 10 am tomorrow :(

thanks for the info everyone - I was there for a bit and sorta couldn't figure out what to do other than walk around.

My guess is that they are having more interest in the site then they ever imagined!! Hurry up Disney! Get it back up!

mtakac said:
I'm glad to hear that there are other adults playing. I'm from the Pac Mac generation so these "live" games freak me out a little. I already found over 20 hidden Mickey's. I believe I got in the first day it launched. The 24th?

I have DSL so I didn't have any problems downloading the Shockwave file.

Try the jungle cruise game - it's fun and not very hard. The fireworks and pirates games are difficult for this grown-up.

I have experienced a few instances where my character just sort of froze and wouldn't move. I had to exit and log back in.

I also bought a teleporter for "My Tea House." I put one half in my husband's room so that we can teleport bac kand forth. We can only do this when we're both logged on.

I'm trying to think of anything else that might be helpful.....

Let me know if you have any questions.
Ok I don't know how to buy things or how to take pics of the hidden Mickeys can anyone tell me. TIA

Seems like it is back open as of 11 pm est.

I had an idea if anyone is interested it is that we make ourselves that lime green color for skin so we know we are from the Dis. I know it looks really funky but at least it is lime green ;)

Is VMK central the screen with the overview of the Magic Kingdom? I can not get my camera button to be active. Am I in the wrong screen or do I need to earn points to 'buy' a camera.

Also, are the green people the ones that I need to talk to to get pins?

Soooooooooo lost!!!

tinkerbellmom,

I can't get on right now so I'm doing this from memory. I think that you get points for just joining and creating your character. It should be enough to buy a camera. If not, play a game or click on one of the characters that talks to you in a room. For example, the dragon in the Dungeon Room (I think that's the room).

I think you can buy the camera in the VMK Emporium. It's in the Mainstreet area. Once you get in the shop, there's a stage. The curtain says something about hidden mickeys. If you double click it, a list of items that you can buy will appear. You can buy a camera and film. As you find the hidden Mickeys you'll earn more points when you find 10, 20, etc.

Basically, you just need to more your curser around until it turns into a hand. Double click and you'll earn points or find things to buy.

micki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter