VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy - how's MIL doing?

Corinne - thinking of you & your family. :hug:

I needed to do something to take my mind off all the bad currently happening right now so I customized my MB for my F&W trip. Seems so trivial but I feel helpless at the moment & it's a temporary distraction.

Before & after.

F&W magic band.jpg

I needed to do something to take my mind off all the bad currently happening right now so I customized my MB for my F&W trip. Seems so trivial but I feel helpless at the moment & it's a temporary distraction.

Julie
...you do a great job theming the magic bands! Looks like you are getting in the right frame of mind for a F&W trip! :thumbsup2

Corinne....I am very behind in the DISboards. But just read about your brother. I am so so sorry. I can only imagine how painful it must be to see him suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless!

Jimmytammy....also saying prayers for your MIL that each days sees her health improved.

It's been well over 24 hours since an update from a Groupie. We simply can't have that. To keep this topic related--more or less--hope all those planning trips this holiday season and next year are sprinkled with liberal amounts of Moose pixiedust: Meanwhile, if you've not done so, check out our sister thread, the Official Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Owners & Lovers Group. mrsap has done a lovely job!

It's been well over 24 hours since an update from a Groupie. We simply can't have that. To keep this topic related--more or less--hope all those planning trips this holiday season and next year are sprinkled with liberal amounts of Moose pixiedust: Meanwhile, if you've not done so, check out our sister thread, the Official Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Owners & Lovers Group. mrsap has done a lovely job!

Just hanging around impatiently counting down the days until my trip. 15 to go.

Have a good weekend groupie friends!

I am too far from a trip, December 1, to get too excited about it. I've been sitting with a foot up for 4 weeks, two days, now with 2 weeks, three days to go. Sometimes the toes feel like they are being sliced with glass, sometimes it's a dull pain, but much of the time, I do not notice anything. I've read 7 books and watched about 10 movies, including all the Harry Potters.

I read the CC thread, and it seems very friendly and well done. I am excited to have a stay there largely because it's actually in the WL, and of course our first stay will be in a cabin.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. A young (27 years old) cousin was at the concert, and is safe, but his mom mentioned there's some survivors guilt. His name is Matthew.

Campfire question:

When the campfire was at the old beach location, they had wooden roasting sticks and Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows for FREE.

Do they still at the new location ? Is there a charge ?

We can't do the "s'mores" packages (which some resorts have, like FW, and which there is a charge for) due to allergies, but can do the Kraft marshmallows.

Trying to figure out of we need to bring our own bag of marshmallows or not.

SW

Star, I can't say if they have any marshmallows for free, I know they had stopped giving them out over a decade or more back at the FW campfires. We always bring our own just in case anyway. $1 for a bag, tossed in the top of the carry on also doubles for keeping hungry stomachs at bay while we fly.

I'm wondering if the campfire is a gas fire now.

Campfire question:

When the campfire was at the old beach location, they had wooden roasting sticks and Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows for FREE.

Do they still at the new location ? Is there a charge ?

We can't do the "s'mores" packages (which some resorts have, like FW, and which there is a charge for) due to allergies, but can do the Kraft marshmallows.

Trying to figure out of we need to bring our own bag of marshmallows or not.

SW

Star, I can't say if they have any marshmallows for free, I know they had stopped giving them out over a decade or more back at the FW campfires. We always bring our own just in case anyway. $1 for a bag, tossed in the top of the carry on also doubles for keeping hungry stomachs at bay while we fly.

I'm wondering if the campfire is a gas fire now.

Star - I can't answer your question about WL but I can say when I stayed at BLT in Dec. the marshmallows were free & they were also free at BWV in May. I'd try your question on the WL info thread in the main resorts forum.

Sorry folks, been MIA for a few days:confused3
My MIL is doing better, still in re-hab, hope she comes home by next weekend

Corinne, praying for you folks:hug:

Starwind, if the 9th works out for everyone, we are game, headed home on the 10th. Any other days works good too. We have some dinners planned but could probably make most meets 8 or later
Here is a list of current groupies for Dec.

December
bobbiwoz 1-3 CCVC Cabin!
3-7 BWV
7-11 SSR
TCraig & The Hubs 2-9 OKW
Firepath 2-9 VWL
wildernessDad 3-10 VWL
twokats 4-9 VWL
jimmytammy 4-10 VWL
twinklebug 5-13 AKL-Kidani
Granny 6-14 VWL
DiznyDi & Dad 8-16 VWL
Corinne 9-13 VWL
DVC Jen 9-15 VWL
pmaurer74 14-19 VWL
horselover 28-3 Jan BCV
bobbiwoz 29-31 BLT
31-4 Jan BWV

So to catch up...Happy Anniversary Will n Liz!!!
Happy Birthday Christopher!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter