VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hi DLI! Good to "see" you!!! I'll keep the fingers crossed for you.
I hope your furbabies are doing well! :dog:
HI!!!! Thank you! I'm not sure when I got to talk to you last but I am down to just my youngest corgi now. Lost Misa almost 3 years ago. And now Kaya is 10. I don't know how the time goes so fast. We did get another dog but went with a cocker spaniel who we call an honorary corgi lol. Hope your pups are well!

HI!!!! Thank you! I'm not sure when I got to talk to you last but I am down to just my youngest corgi now. Lost Misa almost 3 years ago. And now Kaya is 10. I don't know how the time goes so fast. We did get another dog but went with a cocker spaniel who we call an honorary corgi lol. Hope your pups are well!

Time does go fast doesn't it?! We are down to 1 corgi now too. Lost our oldest not too long before his 16th birthday just over a year ago. And our youngest is now 15 1/2! Love the Cockers - my grandmother had one when I was very young.

Time does go fast doesn't it?! We are down to 1 corgi now too. Lost our oldest not too long before his 16th birthday just over a year ago. And our youngest is now 15 1/2! Love the Cockers - my grandmother had one when I was very young.
Aww sorry about your pup. Hope you are doing well otherwise. Have you gotten to DL at all?

Aww sorry about your pup. Hope you are doing well otherwise. Have you gotten to DL at all?

Thank you! Yes, we're doing fine. Wasn't the best winter but still hanging in there! I actually was at DL in late Feb so not too long before they shut down. Even made it onto RoTR once. Got stalled in breakdowns the second day we tried though. When were you last there?

Thank you! Yes, we're doing fine. Wasn't the best winter but still hanging in there! I actually was at DL in late Feb so not too long before they shut down. Even made it onto RoTR once. Got stalled in breakdowns the second day we tried though. When were you last there?
I think it was like 3 years ago. We were actually there the last day Tower of Terror was open. We are only about 5 1/2 hours away but we just haven't been able to afford to go back. I really miss it and WDW

I think it was like 3 years ago. We were actually there the last day Tower of Terror was open. We are only about 5 1/2 hours away but we just haven't been able to afford to go back. I really miss it and WDW

That's cool you were there for the last day of ToT! I do think they did a really good job with the switch to GoTG though - it's really fun. I hope you get back there soon to check it out and Star Wars land too. Really lots of new things with the Incredicoaster. On a positive side you'll have a bunch of new things to experience. I have family that moved to NM two years ago that previously lived in FL and had AP's there. That places them a little further away than you but they have yet to make it to DL. They also have been missing their trips a lot.

That's cool you were there for the last day of ToT! I do think they did a really good job with the switch to GoTG though - it's really fun. I hope you get back there soon to check it out and Star Wars land too. Really lots of new things with the Incredicoaster. On a positive side you'll have a bunch of new things to experience. I have family that moved to NM two years ago that previously lived in FL and had AP's there. That places them a little further away than you but they have yet to make it to DL. They also have been missing their trips a lot.
We got so lucky that we were there the last day. We didn't even plan it that way. My friend said they did a good job on the new theme too so I think I will look forward to it. Can't wait to see all the other new stuff! It is hard when you have been used to going on a regular basis and then you can't anymore. We were so spoiled with how often we went and the resorts we were able to stay at. If we can go I don't think we can afford a deluxe anymore.

DLI, its great to see you back here. As TK says, dont be a stranger!!

Ron, thanks for sharing this. I gave a listen to Whole New World. Awesome way to kickstart the day ::yes::

Ron...thanks for the link to the videos. They have beautiful voices!

DLI...thanks for dropping in! Always great to hear from Groupies no matter how often. Best wishes for you and your future plans for DL or WDW visits. Throwing some Moose Dust your way that all works out for you! :)

For Copper Creek, specifically the walk in shower studios, are they all on the first floor? Also, are they the accessible rooms? We would not want to take a room someone may need for the accommodations given that we do not have a need for the alternate layout.

Ron...thanks for the link to the videos. They have beautiful voices!

DLI...thanks for dropping in! Always great to hear from Groupies no matter how often. Best wishes for you and your future plans for DL or WDW visits. Throwing some Moose Dust your way that all works out for you! :)
Thank you! So nice to see my fellow groupies even though it has been awhile.

For Copper Creek, specifically the walk in shower studios, are they all on the first floor? Also, are they the accessible rooms? We would not want to take a room someone may need for the accommodations given that we do not have a need for the alternate layout.

No, they are not necessarily accessible. Accessible is a booking category so no need to worry about taking it from someone else who needs it. With DVC the accessible rooms do eventually go to those who don't need them if someone else hasn't booked them but that doesn't mean you're taking anything away. It's almost all tubs on the first floor. The walk in shower studios are on the other floors.

We decided to go ahead and cancel our July trip which was originally a late May/early June trip. I cried. :sad: My heart is so sad but logically I know it was the right thing to do. I was more sad because our youngest daughter decided she wanted to go with us this year. It has been a few years since she vacationed with us. We don't get to see her very often so I was really looking forward to spending some quality time with her. She did say she would go with us next summer though. That helped this Mama's heart feel much better.

So now we are going to have a lot (for us) of points to use next summer and I am going to enjoy every second of planning a big/long family trip.

Did anyone hear the news out of Oxford University? They have been working on a corona virus vaccine for (I think) like a decade already. They have just modified it for Covid 19 and it is looking very promising. They were saying it could be available in Europe as soon as September and for everyone else by the end of the year. It could be nothing - but at least it is some hope to hold onto. Dallas county had their deadliest day today (10 deaths including a 17 yr old high school senior) and matched the total for most new virus cases - of 135. Yet our Governor thinks it is Ok for us to open up. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter