Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I could be wrong but I think SPG generally only changes points rates on hotels once a year and they just did it (Dolphin was not one of the hotels affected this time). I booked the Swan before the point jump and then needed to change dates slightly. They would not honor the lower points cost but said that they had had a grace period where they did honor it (I had just waited too long). They did let me shorten the days on my reservation (ones that overlapped my new dates) and keep the lower price and then book a new one at the higher price for the other days - it was a pain though.
Thank you for the info. I guess I should make it a priority to get my family members to nail down the dates to try to avoid the extra hassle just in case it does happen.

Hello!

I just got the Dolphin on Priceline 11/23 to 11/25 for $86 a night plus tax and resort fees. We needed a few nights somewhere before our Disney package starts. We have never stayed here but it looks lovely and I am super excited!
We're you able to choose the Dolphin or took a chance on one and it turned out to be the Dolphin?

We're you able to choose the Dolphin or took a chance on one and it turned out to be the Dolphin?

I wasn't able to choose, I used the express deals, but with the info I had, I took an educated guess it was the Dolphin before I accepted the deal. The resort fee was a major indicator it was the Dolphin. It was a four star with a 7+ rating in the Bonnet Creek area with a resort fee of 28.13.Also, $86 is about 68% off their regular rate which is what the express deal said was the discount.

If you look at the info for the dolphin on the Priceline regular bookings it has the dolphin as a four star with 7.8 rating and a 28.13 resort fee.

I wasn't able to choose, I used the express deals, but with the info I had, I took an educated guess it was the Dolphin before I accepted the deal. The resort fee was a major indicator it was the Dolphin. It was a four star with a 7+ rating in the Bonnet Creek area with a resort fee of 28.13.Also, $86 is about 68% off their regular rate which is what the express deal said was the discount.

If you look at the info for the dolphin on the Priceline regular bookings it has the dolphin as a four star with 7.8 rating and a 28.13 resort fee.

Thanks for posting your deal!:-) I also got the Dolphin for 8/4-8/6/17, 2 rooms, $87 per night, per room. I also booked for 10/28-10/29/17, one room, $86 per night. This date falls during the food and wine classic at Swan & Dolphin. Excellent price when compared to the one night pkg deal that we usually book for the classic.

Thanks for posting your deal!:-) I also got the Dolphin for 8/4-8/6/17, 2 rooms, $87 per night, per room. I also booked for 10/28-10/29/17, one room, $86 per night. This date falls during the food and wine classic at Swan & Dolphin. Excellent price when compared to the one night pkg deal that we usually book for the classic.

Your welcome! We have two rooms also, we may need a third so I'm hoping it's still there by the time my son decides if they are going too!

Do you earn Marriott points and room night credits for staying at Swan and Dolphin (assuming it's not a third-party reservation).

Hello!

I just got the Dolphin on Priceline 11/23 to 11/25 for $86 a night plus tax and resort fees. We needed a few nights somewhere before our Disney package starts. We have never stayed here but it looks lovely and I am super excited!

Fabulous!!! Great deals!! :thumbsup2

Do you earn Marriott points and room night credits for staying at Swan and Dolphin (assuming it's not a third-party reservation).
No They're SPG hotels, you'd earn SPG points (which you can transfer to Marriott if you want)

It seems to be the trend for us since last year to book last minute trips to Disney. I just booked a couple of nights at Dolphin using SPG points after 4 days at AKL. Gone are those days of planning for a half of a year to a year. We are booking less than a month. :headache: But no worries! We are still going to be at Disney!!!:rolleyes1 So we are officially going to Disney from 4/8~4/14. The weather was beautiful last year and despite the last minute trip, we've done all we wanted so we are hoping this year would be just as great!!! Time to get away from the crazy northeast early spring weather!

Surgie--correct, you can transfer points freely between Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (1 SPG point is worth 3 Marriott Rewards no matter which way you're transferring). And, they do have status match. So, if you're Silver/Gold/Platinum with Marriott, you can link your account and automatically get the corresponding status at Starwood properties. BUT, you don't get night credits, both in terms of staying 3 nights at the Swan/Dolphin cannot be transferred to 3 night credits with Marriott, AND, with the status match, you can't then start adding nights in the other.

In other words, if I've got 70 nights at Marriott, I'm gold, and get reciprocal status at Starwood. But, if I then stay 5 nights at the Swan, those nights don't transfer, and make me platinum at Marriott, with a corresponding upgrade at Starwood. I would still be gold with Marriott, with 70 nights, and the gold equivalency with Starwood, with 5 nights.

Also, this is a bit quirky, but the status match doesn't appear to update. In other words, if you are gold with Marriott, and link your accounts, you get the same status at Starwood. If you then achieve platinum, your Starwood won't automatically update. You'll have to go back through linking (it only takes a minute or two, but it is easy to overlook).

Besides FP at 60 days, do Swan guests get early 180 day out dining reservations at Disney like Disney resort/package guests?

Surgie--correct, you can transfer points freely between Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (1 SPG point is worth 3 Marriott Rewards no matter which way you're transferring). And, they do have status match.

Thanks for the detailed clarification.

My son finally decided he will be going with us. Priceline didn't have the Dolphin available on the Express deals, but they did have the Swan for $95 a night!

Now, since I paid for both rooms do I take the Swan or the Dolphin for myself? :scratchin

My son finally decided he will be going with us. Priceline didn't have the Dolphin available on the Express deals, but they did have the Swan for $95 a night!

Now, since I paid for both rooms do I take the Swan or the Dolphin for myself? :scratchin
What an awesome deal! I would definitely take the Swan, because you'll be guaranteed a renovated room.

Great price. For us, I prefer the Swan.

How long does it take for the confirmation #s to be available in the MDE app? I have a Swan confirmation number (booked this morning), but MDE says confirmation number not found. Will I need to call them for a separate number or just wait a bit? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter