Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am planning a week at the Dolphin for the last week in August. I am ready to book aside from the fact that two consecutive nights in the middle of my week are unavailable (the Swan is blocked also). Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing? These dates have been blocked for months. If I have to check out for two days and check back in I will, but I am hoping that I can somehow just make it a full week there. I am planning on staying on Starwood Free Night awards and points. Thanks for any help!

I am planning a week at the Dolphin for the last week in August. I am ready to book aside from the fact that two consecutive nights in the middle of my week are unavailable (the Swan is blocked also). Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing? These dates have been blocked for months. If I have to check out for two days and check back in I will, but I am hoping that I can somehow just make it a full week there. I am planning on staying on Starwood Free Night awards and points. Thanks for any help!

I would just keep checking. This same thing happened to me last August but the dates never became available.

I have the exact same question. I booked today.

We will be staying at Dolphin 2/28/18-3/6/18. We haven't stayed at Swan/Dolphin since before DD was born, and my husband loves the Cabana Poolside Restaurant/Bar. I used Starwood points to cover most of the stay. Yay!

Also, will Dolphin's renovation be complete by this time? We really would like a renovated room. Thanks!

We had a renovated room on the 9th floor...we were offered a balcony junior suite for $40 a night extra at check-in but we turned it down...are you a Gold/Plat?

This was the first time we weren't checked in upon arrival...had to wait until 1:30 but we got a renovated room.

I LOVE cabana bar its so close when staying at the Dolphin...I just discovered this trip that you can reach the bar from the bus stop...never knew that...how convenient.

We had a renovated room on the 9th floor...we were offered a balcony junior suite for $40 a night extra at check-in but we turned it down...are you a Gold/Plat?

This was the first time we weren't checked in upon arrival...had to wait until 1:30 but we got a renovated room.

I LOVE cabana bar its so close when staying at the Dolphin...I just discovered this trip that you can reach the bar from the bus stop...never knew that...how convenient.
Preferred

How was the renovated room? We used a few more points a night to guarantee a balcony. I love the fresh air.

It looks a lot like the Swan's renovated rooms...same color scheme.

The bathroom is still smaller than the Swan's and not as nice (I love Swan's shower head) but really clean and I like the new toilets, they're quieter and super fast.

We are SPG Gold so not sure how much that had to to with us getting a renovated room.

The scheduler had us in an upgraded room but I asked for the reno instead...our view was Hollywood Studios. Good viewing for Star Wars Fireworks but couldn't see Epcot's.

I did take some pictures but oddly enough none of the room..:(
The renovated hallway on 9th
download

The back way to Cabana Bar from the bus stop
download

A picture of the cribs below:
download

Anyone hear of Dolphin Sheraton Social Hour program???
Any info regarding ?

I looked online, and see the Sheraton Social Hour was, or is, a pilot program. I don't know which Sheraton hotels it was offered at. I tried looking online at the Swan & Dolphin website, and don't see any info on it. Did you read that the Dolphin was going to have it?

Saw nothing about this when we were there two weeks ago...The only free/giveaway was "Lady Alice" apples prettily displayed in cute little boxes by check-in...and they were very good.

Can anyone tell me of they accept disney gift cards at the hotel restaurants?
They do not. Disney gift cards can only be used at Disney-owned and operated properties.

Note that this info is also under Using a Gift Card on the Disney Gift Card FAQ page:
https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ProductInformation/About
Can I use the Disney Gift Card at the Walt Disney World® Swan & Dolphin resorts and hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd?
The Disney Gift Card is not redeemable at non-Disney owned hotels such as Walt Disney World® Swan & Dolphin resorts and hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. with the exception of the owned and operated Disney Merchandise locations that reside within these hotels.

Last edited:
Is there any sort of dining plan I can do while staying at the Dolphin? Someone had mentioned an option for off property guests, but I cannot find anything on it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter