Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have tried to search... what type of in-room coffee makers are in the Dolphin, specifically the Family Deluxe Alcove? TIA

I have tried to search... what type of in-room coffee makers are in the Dolphin, specifically the Family Deluxe Alcove? TIA

We stayed in that style room a couple weeks ago; I don't know the brand of the coffee maker - I just know it was SMALL; one cup at a time (not a Keurig - drip type but as I said, very small)

If I would have known I might have considered buying a regular size one at Publix or somewhere along with filters and coffee. But come to think of it - that might have been unallowed (potential fire hazard.)

I recall in the "old days" when you had to pay for a mini-fridge, people would buy one when they got there and then leave it after they checked out. It was actually cheaper - and I never heard of Disney complaining.

We stayed in that style room a couple weeks ago; I don't know the brand of the coffee maker - I just know it was SMALL; one cup at a time (not a Keurig - drip type but as I said, very small)

If I would have known I might have considered buying a regular size one at Publix or somewhere along with filters and coffee. But come to think of it - that might have been unallowed (potential fire hazard.)

I recall in the "old days" when you had to pay for a mini-fridge, people would buy one when they got there and then leave it after they checked out. It was actually cheaper - and I never heard of Disney complaining.

I'm sure it's allowed, but I just ask for more pods from housekeeping (there is no charge).

Years ago, it was Starbuck's and actually quite good!

I used to need a fridge for my oldest due to food allergies, and wasn't ever charged! Funny how they didn't have them years ago. I recall our first stay at the Grand Floridian, they didn't have coffee makers (1993), so we ordered room service coffee every morning. It was so nice! They brought us a fridge, which was an icky dorm one, so we had it for a few drinks I guess.

I ask for more pods and other coffee supplies too and am always accommodated at the Dolphin and the Swan.

Last edited:
Premium Studio room - questions :)

We have stayed at the Dolphin many times but never in a "premium studio" and I can't find much info. Does anyone know about these rooms, location, layout and maybe even have a link to pictures?

I am sure it will be a great room, we leave soon and I am getting curious (and excited!)

TIA

We have stayed at the Dolphin many times but never in a "premium studio" and I can't find much info
Wish I could help - I'm just adding a comment that they don't do a good job of showing the different types of rooms on the website. Or describing them over the phone. I regret that I didn't take pictures of our Alcove Rooms. I described them in some detail in a prior post) but it was VERY different than the diagram on the website and different than described to me over the phone.

After we got there, I wondered if there are different configurations depending on the floor. For example, we were told they were connecting rooms - but they were across the hall from each other with a third door that shut off the whole area from the hall. We were also told at first that one room had two doubles and a sofa sleeper, and one had a king with no sleeper. Then another time I was trying to confirm something and asked again - and was told each room had a king with a sleeper - but one room was larger than the other. Turned out the larger room had two doubles and a sleeper and trhe other was a bit smaller but had a king and a sleeper.

To add to the "confusion", our son and family had the alcove setup at the other end of the floor - and though they had the same bedding, the desks, dressers etc were different and set up different.

So there is no "standard" I guess for any particular style room.

Despite all that, I will say I agree with your last comment - I'm sure it will be a great room too! Enjoy your trip!

As previous posters said, a small single serve type:
I never think to take pictures of the room itself. I want to go back right now and make up for that!

Yes - I thought of asking for more pods for the coffee - but I'm a late(r) sleeper. We were out the door by 7 or 7:30 every morning and I'd get up just in time each day (never late). My wife would get up earlier and make a cup of coffee for herself - she would have made a pot of it if that was an option. So next time I do think I'll get a cheaper larger Mr Coffee ($15 I see online).

I used to need a fridge for my oldest due to food allergies, and wasn't ever charged! Funny how they didn't have them years ago. I recall our first stay at the Grand Floridian, they didn't have coffee makers (1993), so we ordered room service coffee every morning. It was so nice! They brought us a fridge, which was an icky dorm one, so we had it for a few drinks I guess.

That's my memory too - GF and BC in 1989, then 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998. At GF I do recall it was complementary but you had to ask for one and there was no guarantee. At BC I think we paid but that's 20 years ago so my memory is not to be trusted.

"Icky dorm ones" indeed! And I suspect their "inventory" came from people who did what I said - bought one to avoid the charge and left it.

I have stayed in the alcove rooms a few times in the past and yes - we never had the same configuration twice!

This time we are in a premium studio and I can't find any info except the size and amenities.

Wish I could help - I'm just adding a comment that they don't do a good job of showing the different types of rooms on the website. Or describing them over the phone. I regret that I didn't take pictures of our Alcove Rooms. I described them in some detail in a prior post) but it was VERY different than the diagram on the website and different than described to me over the phone.

After we got there, I wondered if there are different configurations depending on the floor. For example, we were told they were connecting rooms - but they were across the hall from each other with a third door that shut off the whole area from the hall. We were also told at first that one room had two doubles and a sofa sleeper, and one had a king with no sleeper. Then another time I was trying to confirm something and asked again - and was told each room had a king with a sleeper - but one room was larger than the other. Turned out the larger room had two doubles and a sleeper and trhe other was a bit smaller but had a king and a sleeper.

To add to the "confusion", our son and family had the alcove setup at the other end of the floor - and though they had the same bedding, the desks, dressers etc were different and set up different.

So there is no "standard" I guess for any particular style room.

Despite all that, I will say I agree with your last comment - I'm sure it will be a great room too! Enjoy your trip!

I have stayed in the alcove rooms a few times in the past and yes - we never had the same configuration twice!

This time we are in a premium studio and I can't find any info except the size and amenities.

there are definitely 360 views of the studios online.. http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/ice/Brochure.aspx?did=2358&brochureid=ICE62246&type=vr&design=5
You can click on "Dolphin Resort Rooms Premium Studio Living Room" and "Dolphin Resort Rooms Premium Studio Bedroom" and can see there is a partition wall but not completely closed off from the living area and sleeping area. But I don't think it is the only configuration of that.

there are definitely 360 views of the studios online.. http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/ice/Brochure.aspx?did=2358&brochureid=ICE62246&type=vr&design=5
You can click on "Dolphin Resort Rooms Premium Studio Living Room" and "Dolphin Resort Rooms Premium Studio Bedroom" and can see there is a partition wall but not completely closed off from the living area and sleeping area. But I don't think it is the only configuration of that.

This is fantastic - thank you so much, exactly what I was hoping for :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter