Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Cancellation policy from Marriott, as of today:

Travel Information: COVID-19 Update

Our Cancellation Policy:
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Marriott International is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
For all Marriott International hotels world-wide, we are implementing the following policies:
  • For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
*Important Information:
  • Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
  • Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
  • Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy. HVMI-specific cancellation guidance is available hereOpens in a new tab.
  • Marriott Vacations Worldwide (e.g., Marriott, Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership resorts) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner occupancy reservations, please visit http://hub.vacationclub.comOpens in a new tab.
  • For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer or the hotel.
  • For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.

Swan/Dolphin policy:

• For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, from today until June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • Please note that this policy does NOT apply to travel associated with a group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
  • We will continue to make adjustments to our operations as appropriate and look forward to welcoming guests back as soon as it is advisable. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Please call 1-800-227-1500 for future reservations. For updated information on Walt Disney World Resort Operations, please visit: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
The policies appear to be the same.

I cancelled my Costco Dolphin reservation for April. I kept the tickets although I could have gotten a refund. If I book through Marriott for August is it a one night deposit or are they going to charge my credit card for the full amount at 60 days out.

I cancelled my Costco Dolphin reservation for April. I kept the tickets although I could have gotten a refund. If I book through Marriott for August is it a one night deposit or are they going to charge my credit card for the full amount at 60 days out.
When booking the Swan/Dolphin directly through Marriott, there's 2 options there's the "standard" rate which is fully refundable (up to 5 days before check-in) and only requires a one-night deposit. The other option is the "pre-paid" rate which is cheaper, but requires you to pay in full when you book.

How was it dealing with Costco on the cancellation? We have a stay at the Swan booked through Costco for 5/2 which is not looking likely to happen, so I'm curious what my options will be. We have our backup dates already booked directly with Marriott just in case, but would prefer to move or re-book with Costco if possible since it would save us a significant amount of money.

When booking the Swan/Dolphin directly through Marriott, there's 2 options there's the "standard" rate which is fully refundable (up to 5 days before check-in) and only requires a one-night deposit. The other option is the "pre-paid" rate which is cheaper, but requires you to pay in full when you book.

How was it dealing with Costco on the cancellation? We have a stay at the Swan booked through Costco for 5/2 which is not looking likely to happen, so I'm curious what my options will be. We have our backup dates already booked directly with Marriott just in case, but would prefer to move or re-book with Costco if possible since it would save us a significant amount of money.
They were good. I called last Sunday and there was no hold time. My spidey senses told me the closure was going to be extended and I didn't want to be on hold for 3 hours. Money was back on my cc by Wednesday. The tickets are still there and I can change the dates. They did tell me because of special circumstances I could get a refund on the tickets, but it would take about a week before Disney issued a refund. I didn't rebook through Costco. Ive decided to book a room only through Disney or the Dolphin through Marriott. I want to be able to change my reservation online without having to call Costco since the reopening date is unknown. I can go anytime before the end of the year.

Disney is not taking reservations on their website until June 1st. I would stick a fork in your May 2 vacation. Look for something after June 1st probably the later in the Summer the better.

Thanks @Dan Murphy for the heads up. Very frustrating they had a problem like this... again. They really need to wipe up some leadership and hire people that will take data privacy seriously. This really is inexcusable. I want to hear they have arrested the users that were involved, but we'll probably never hear a thing about it. I submitted to find out if my data was breached, and it says they will get back to me - ugh! So it's not live.

Update: I got correspondence back, everything is done through the server they have going. What I got was, "Based on the email address and/or Marriott Bonvoy number that you provided to us, we do not see any indication that your information was involved in the Incident." 👍 Happy about that, still wish they had sent and email out to all users directly vs finding out about the breach indirectly.

Interesting about the Dolphin entrance, personally I hate seeing tile stairs, they always seem slick when it rains.

Last edited:
Interesting about the Dolphin entrance, personally I hate seeing tile stairs, they always seem slick when it rains
Yeah I agree with the tile. It looks nice but they can be tricky when wet. I will stick with the escalator anyway...call me lazy.

On a positive note...I just booked the Swan for October! I haven't stayed in the Swan in years...I book the Dolphin often so I am excited to try the Swan again. Usually price dictates which one I book and this time for some reason the Swan was $150 a night cheaper.

I received an email yesterday; here is the entire thing:

Dear Valued Guest,​
We are writing to let you know that some of your information may have been accessed without authorization. We are sorry that this occurred, and this message explains what happened, how we can assist you, and steps you can take.​
What Happened​
Hotels operated and franchised under Marriott’s brands use an application to help provide services to guests at hotels. At the end of February 2020, we identified that an unexpected amount of guest information may have been accessed using the login credentials of two employees at a franchise property. We believe this activity started in mid-January 2020. Upon discovery, we confirmed that the login credentials were disabled, immediately began an investigation, implemented heightened monitoring, and arranged resources to inform and assist guests. Your information was among the information that appears to have been accessed.​
What Information Was Involved​
Although Marriott's investigation is ongoing, we currently have no reason to believe that the information involved included Marriott Bonvoy account passwords or PINs, payment card information, passport information, national IDs, or driver’s license numbers.

At this point, we believe that the following information may have been involved, although not all of this information was present for every guest involved:​
contact details (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, and phone number)
loyalty account information (e.g., account number and points balance, but not passwords)
additional personal details (e.g., company, gender, and birthday day and month)
partnerships and affiliations (e.g., linked airline loyalty programs and numbers)
preferences (e.g., stay/room preferences and language preference)
What We Are Doing​
We have set up a dedicated website (www.mysupport.marriott.com) where you can find more information.
We have also established dedicated call center resources, which can be reached by calling the numbers below. The call center resources will be staffed during ordinary business hours in the United States, 8:00am-8:00pm EDT Monday through Friday. Language support will be provided in English and French, and additional translation services will be available upon request.
Location​
dgNHE04KH3Wa0IjfY8uUQxMBkBEPyfG7KqmWkOCTY31CG7DJV1-4LXcFgAIWTKa39m_tIKOClXY0HShRcn_Zfw=s0-d-e1-ft
Number​
United States/Canada​
dgNHE04KH3Wa0IjfY8uUQxMBkBEPyfG7KqmWkOCTY31CG7DJV1-4LXcFgAIWTKa39m_tIKOClXY0HShRcn_Zfw=s0-d-e1-ft
+1-800-598-9655​
Australia​
1800280257​
France​
0805540130​
Germany​
08006644414​
United Kingdom​
08003457018​
Rest of the World (toll may apply)​
+1-402-952-5356​
Where available, Marriott is offering guests involved the option to enroll in IdentityWorks, a personal information monitoring service, free of charge for 1 year. This service will be provided by Experian, a global data and information services provider. This is an optional service that allows you to identify information that you would like to have the service monitor; how much information to include in the monitoring is completely up to you. Any information that you provide to Experian will only be used by Experian for the sole purpose of the monitoring service. Due to regulatory and other reasons, IdentityWorks or similar products are not available in all countries/regions. IdentityWorks is currently available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Language support for online enrollment is available in English, French, French Canadian, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
To use IdentityWorks to start monitoring your personal information please follow the steps below:
◾Ensure that you enroll by June 30, 2020 (your code will not work after this date.)
◾Visit the Experian IdentityWorks website to enroll:
◾Provide your activation code:
US Residents: 2CZM8QXV6
Non-US Residents: 3F23BXQ3X
If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member:
Even though we currently have no reason to believe that passwords were involved in the incident, we have disabled your existing Marriott Bonvoy password, so when you log in to your Marriott Bonvoy account at Marriott.com, you will be prompted to change your password.
You will also be prompted to enable multi-factor authentication to further protect access to your account.
We have notified relevant authorities and are supporting their investigations.
Additional Steps You Can Take​
To guard against the information involved being used for phishing or social engineering attempts or attempts to access and use the points in your Marriott Bonvoy account, you can take a number of precautionary steps, in addition to enrolling in IdentityWorks:​
If you have a Marriott Bonvoy account but have not activated your online access to it and set up a password, you should do so now.
Use good password management practices, including not using easily guessed passwords and not using the same password across multiple accounts.
Monitor your Marriott Bonvoy account for any activity that you did not initiate and notify us of any suspicious activity.
You should not provide any information—especially payment card information, other financial account information, online account information, or passwords—to anyone who calls or otherwise contacts you purporting to be from Marriott or a Marriott brand hotel. Marriott will never call or email you to ask you to provide this information by phone or email.
You should be vigilant against possible “phishing” emails that appear to be (but are not) sent from Marriott email addresses.
Again, we are sorry that this occurred. If you have any further questions, you can contact us by:​
Visiting our dedicated website: www.mysupport.marriott.com
Calling us at the numbers listed above
Wpet0ScUuqK50uaLIH3ww9f_yUlweO8Ry8aGpyldvdaRvBP3Xkb4FqHPz0Gzs92u3QTpgB2bQ8A9SeSZRChjDNz6crSqjlJR40Aw81hiuhlA3dmOo1jTC-r9hzm1LjbE_Ts-Dam6W3pItXDYzcmcoLFy3EQj_lS1uHpJ2_yo7I8iayp1c2W9Nt2rUl7VXA=s0-d-e1-ft
Stephanie C. Linnartz
Group President, Consumer Operations, Technology and Emerging Businesses​

Is Swan/Dolphin answering phones remotely? I've been holding off upgrading my booked on points room for December and now it's apparently all sold out (all rooms Swan and Dolphin) for the dates I'm looking for!

I did receive my first phishing email 'representing' Marriott.

Dear Daniel Murphy,
We are in receipt of your request. One more step is required before we can start working on your request. Please confirm your email by clicking on the button below.
Your Request ID is YEC78JG44P, please keep this for your records.
Request Id: YEC78JG44P
Date Submitted: 04/01/2020 12:23 AM UTC
First Name: XXXiel
Last Name: XXXphy
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXnet
Country/Region: XXXXXXXXXXtes
Bonvoy Number: XXXXXX500
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the privacy team.

Last edited:
Hi Dan, Is that "confirm email" button live? It's in blue. Don't want anyone here to click it by mistake.
Thanks so much, Patty. Yes, it did appear as a live link. I deleted it. I usually am copying/pasting jpg's or individual links, not whole emails, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry Dan but this it not a Phishing email, it is coming from the OneTrust Portal. It would seem that you completed the initial web form referenced in the Marrott Incident web page and the OneTrust tool is asking you to validate.

OneTrust is what Marriott is using for impacted customers. Here is the "Marriott" link that provides the details and also has the main link to the "Marrott" incident information and the initial link to the OneTrust Portal for guests to see if their information was compromised.

Link: https://mysupport.marriott.com/

Quote from Incident Notice from the link above to allow Guests to complete a web form to verify

Relevant information with a link to the OneTrust Portal.

What information was accessed?

If you are uncertain whether your information was involved in the incident, we have set up a self-service online portal for guests to be able to determine whether their information was involved and, if so, what categories of information were involved. This portal can be accessed here.

Full URL link for reference to indicate that it is valid and safe to use: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust....0e0/33594ced-a988-47c1-97c6-37764e40d3f6.html

Hi Dan, Is that "confirm email" button live? It's in blue. Don't want anyone here to click it by mistake.
Yes the link is live but it only for Dan and will not hurt anyone since it is a valid link to the Security tool that Marriott has chosen to use.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter