Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Re: Upcoming Reservations at the
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Dear Guest:

It is with great regret we inform you of our inability to serve your needs at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin for your upcoming stay.

Due to the worldwide current situation affecting travel, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin has closed temporarily and regretfully, we are forced to cancel and refund your reservation.

Should you still be interested in coming to the Orlando area, we are able to help make reservations at the Marriott World Center at the same rate you reserved with us.

If you have any questions or would like to re-book, please call 800-227-1500 or e-mail us at
reservations@swandolphin.com.

We value your patronage and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We wish you a safe journey and encourage you to monitor our website (www.swandolphin.com) for re-opening news.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Reservations Management Team
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Unfortunately, the message does not reference a specific confirmation number or date of check-in.

In case anyone is wondering, the Swan/Dolphin Reservations department is staffed and open normal business hours.

Reservations: 888.828.8850 (not Marriott...this is the resorts' direct line).
I have called twice and they have been EXTREMELY helpful with everything I needed.

I can't wait for this to end. I need some Swalphin in my life.

Anyone hear anything about a Bonvoy status extension?

For those of you that have cancelled Swan/Dolphin stays that you prepaid or paid a deposit on, have you actually gotten your money back? I cancelled a couple of reservations about 10 days ago and received cancellation confirmation emails, but never got the money back on my credit card. I called Marriott this morning and it took them forever to find my reservations and then they could not even find that I had prepaid. I found my cc records and gave them the amounts paid and they said they were opening a ticket to find out why I had not received a refund. They also said refunds could take up to 90 days and that Swan/Dolphin office was closed. Maybe I'll try calling the reservations number in the previous email and see if they have different information.

For those of you that have cancelled Swan/Dolphin stays that you prepaid or paid a deposit on, have you actually gotten your money back? I cancelled a couple of reservations about 10 days ago and received cancellation confirmation emails, but never got the money back on my credit card. I called Marriott this morning and it took them forever to find my reservations and then they could not even find that I had prepaid. I found my cc records and gave them the amounts paid and they said they were opening a ticket to find out why I had not received a refund. They also said refunds could take up to 90 days and that Swan/Dolphin office was closed. Maybe I'll try calling the reservations number in the previous email and see if they have different information.
I received a refund in 5 days, but that was pre-Coronavirus. Maybe it’s taking a bit longer. I would call Swan directly.

It took mine close to 15 days to refund.

Sorry Dan but this it not a Phishing email, it is coming from the OneTrust Portal. It would seem that you completed the initial web form referenced in the Marrott Incident web page and the OneTrust tool is asking you to validate.

OneTrust is what Marriott is using for impacted customers. Here is the "Marriott" link that provides the details and also has the main link to the "Marrott" incident information and the initial link to the OneTrust Portal for guests to see if their information was compromised.

Link: https://mysupport.marriott.com/

Quote from Incident Notice from the link above to allow Guests to complete a web form to verify

Full URL link for reference to indicate that it is valid and safe to use: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust....0e0/33594ced-a988-47c1-97c6-37764e40d3f6.html

Yes the link is live but it only for Dan and will not hurt anyone since it is a valid link to the Security tool that Marriott has chosen to use.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. I guess I'll have to wait for them to send another email, deleted that one already.
Aha. Thanks. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to these things. :rolleyes:
Yes you are, Patty. You spotted the live link, could certainly have been phishing as I thought. Again, thanks.

In the past, my refunds for cancelled bookings were processed by the Swan’s accounting department. The on-site Reservations department should at least be able to provide some accurate insight.

We cancelled March 30th (prepaid trip with 3 rooms) and the refund showed up on the card today - so it took a little over a week. We called the Swan directly if that matters any.

Figured I might ask this question here since there are a lot of Marriott loyalists on this thread...

Does anyone have experience canceling a stay that was booked with a free night award? Do you get the free night refunded? If so, does the expiration date for those nights stay the same?

I have some free nights that I planned to use in April and expire 6/2. Do you think Marriott will extend the expiration dates for those?

Trying to figure out the best course of action here...

Any help or advice is welcome! Hope you’re all staying safe and sane during this!

Figured I might ask this question here since there are a lot of Marriott loyalists on this thread...

Does anyone have experience canceling a stay that was booked with a free night award? Do you get the free night refunded? If so, does the expiration date for those nights stay the same?

I have some free nights that I planned to use in April and expire 6/2. Do you think Marriott will extend the expiration dates for those?

Any help or advice is welcome! Hope you’re all staying safe and sane during this!
I was able to get a one year extension, from date of request, by calling the loyalty department. They want to see that you have had/will have Marriott bookings and are not an inactive account. It is explained that the one year extension will not be extended again.

I'm glad you asked. I forgot about a reward night we were going to use for my son's college camp in June that was just cancelled. I don't want to lose that reward night.

We're kinda pissed that we just hit Ambassador status for this year and now we won't be able to travel (cancelled 3 trips already). DH isn't even traveling for work to take advantage of it. I hope status gets extended into 2021, although I have no idea if the service is any good since we didn't get to use it before the pandemic started.

Our Delta Skymiles Amex renews next month. I have to figure out whether it's worth it between the changes in January and now the weirdness and lack of flying. One of the benefits we always use is the companion ticket. Hmm.

I feel so ignorant and selfish for complaining about our travel rewards and such when so many people are being hit hard in their day-to-day lives. OTOH, our son has CF so we'll be locked down for a lot longer than most people, assuming we can avoid contracting the virus. He's already been told he can't return to HS this year. They said they are 'hoping he can attend school next year.' :(

I was able to get a one year extension, from date of request, by calling the loyalty department. They want to see that you have had/will have Marriott bookings and are not an inactive account. It is explained that the one year extension will not be extended again.
I'm glad you asked. I forgot about a reward night we were going to use for my son's college camp in June that was just cancelled. I don't want to lose that reward night.

We're kinda pissed that we just hit Ambassador status for this year and now we won't be able to travel (cancelled 3 trips already). DH isn't even traveling for work to take advantage of it. I hope status gets extended into 2021, although I have no idea if the service is any good since we didn't get to use it before the pandemic started.

Our Delta Skymiles Amex renews next month. I have to figure out whether it's worth it between the changes in January and now the weirdness and lack of flying. One of the benefits we always use is the companion ticket. Hmm.

I feel so ignorant and selfish for complaining about our travel rewards and such when so many people are being hit hard in their day-to-day lives. OTOH, our son has CF so we'll be locked down for a lot longer than most people, assuming we can avoid contracting the virus. He's already been told he can't return to HS this year. They said they are 'hoping he can attend school next year.' :(
Yes, under normal circumstances you would get that night credit back on your account with the original expiration date.

However, Marriott just announced updates to the Bonvoy program status, certificates, etc.

See this message for more details. https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com/

Yes, under normal circumstances you would get that night credit back on your account with the original expiration date.

However, Marriott just announced updates to the Bonvoy program status, certificates, etc.

I have a free certificate tied up for a trip in July. It was booked when the room per night was at 35,000. Now though, the point value for that same room is 50,000/night due to the Tier Changes. So I would assume if I have to cancel that trip, I am losing out big time on that certificate use for that location.

I have a free certificate tied up for a trip in July. It was booked when the room per night was at 35,000. Now though, the point value for that same room is 50,000/night due to the Tier Changes. So I would assume if I have to cancel that trip, I am losing out big time on that certificate use for that location.
I would say that is a good bet.

Thanks for that! We won't miss out on any rewards or status if we can't travel this year.
It took them long enough to announce this...however, I am very happy they did so. This will especially help everyone trying to earn lifetime status.

Thank you! Good to know I won’t lose the free nights. Now I’m going to book trips and plan for the future when we can travel again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter