Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Shoreward, I can't say that I know where any of those stops are actually located, but I do recognize the dreaded TTC abbreviation. I dislike this soooo much. I have a trip booked April 24-30 at the Swan. If we go, looks like Lyft is in my future. I had booked the Dolphin, but decided to spend the extra $8 a night for the Swan. Good AP rate of $207/night, plus the resort fee and taxes.

For the heck of it, I checked out the Disney discounts for close to that time (two weeks before is when I looked), and an AP rate for BWV was $420, Yacht Club was $400, both before taxes. I will put up with some transportation inconvenience to save that much money.

Truthfully, if park hopping isn't back by then, I will probably cancel anyway.

Last edited:

@patty57, how did you book your AP rate for the Swan? Did you go through Disney or Marriott?
You can book online or by calling. Just enter the Promotional Code QWH in the Corporate/Promo code box. if you use the web page below.

Link:

https://swandolphin.com/offers/index.html

DISNEY ANNUAL PASSHOLDER Offer
Disney Annual Pass Holders Save Up to 30% Off Regular Rates - ACT NOW, OFFER EXPIRES SOON!

Disney Annual Pass Holders receive a special discount to return and experience all that the Disney theme parks have to offer. We are located within walking distance to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For Reservations: Contact us at 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code ANNUAL PASSHOLDER RATE or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code QWH appears in the Corporate/Promo code box. Valid/current Disney Annual Pass is required at check-in to receive this offer.

Dave

You can book online or by calling. Just enter the Promotional Code QWH in the Corporate/Promo code box. if you use the web page below.

Link:

https://swandolphin.com/offers/index.html

DISNEY ANNUAL PASSHOLDER Offer
Disney Annual Pass Holders Save Up to 30% Off Regular Rates - ACT NOW, OFFER EXPIRES SOON!

Disney Annual Pass Holders receive a special discount to return and experience all that the Disney theme parks have to offer. We are located within walking distance to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For Reservations: Contact us at 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code ANNUAL PASSHOLDER RATE or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code QWH appears in the Corporate/Promo code box. Valid/current Disney Annual Pass is required at check-in to receive this offer.

Dave

Thank you Dave!

@djmeredith thank you for your review, I really hope you take the time to share with not only the Dolphin but with Marriott, they need to know. If you are at twitter user, this might be a good time to use it and taYour concerns about sanitizing are very disconcerting, but what you share is what many of us are concerned about. It's cliche but it sounds like they've put lipstick on a pig. I get that toilet can grow mold after sitting empty in a dark for months, but it should not have gone in service like that. After all of Marriott's hype about how their, "Marriott Cleanliness Council is redefining our cleaning and safety standards..." Marriott PR'd their "Electrostatic spraying technology" but if they can't even do the basic cleaning how are we to trust they are even using this new technology - has anyone staying at the S/D seen one it use?

@shoreward thanks for sharing the space #'s - I was trying to find maps of each location and where the charter bus parking is at but my searching has come up empty.

@Pats Dragon this is going to the issue for S/D with Charter Buses, yeah you can walk 2 to parks still and that's a big deal, but the benefit of Disney busing right up front can't be understated. I really hope this is short lived.

@shoreward thanks for sharing the space #'s - I was trying to find maps of each location and where the charter bus parking is at but my searching has come up empty.

I found info for one park, and it looks like it's the same location that Disney buses used (obviously, it was not MK).

@Pats Dragon this is going to the issue for S/D with Charter Buses, yeah you can walk 2 to parks still and that's a big deal, but the benefit of Disney busing right up front can't be understated. I really hope this is short lived.

It looks like the FriendShip boats are getting ready to resume service, including at Swan/Dolphin. That means that the Mears buses to DHS and EP would no longer run to those two parks from Swan/Dolphin, unless there were inclement weather, preventing the boats from operating.

Thank you guys for the information on the AP rate. We were booked the week of Christmas at CRB and I was able to reserve a balcony room at the Swan for $400 less than I was paying at CRB. I could have saved more, but my husband really likes the idea of having a balcony to use while we are there. We have never stayed at the Swan and are very excited to try it.

@djmeredith thank you for your review, I really hope you take the time to share with not only the Dolphin but with Marriott, they need to know. If you are at twitter user, this might be a good time to use it and taYour concerns about sanitizing are very disconcerting, but what you share is what many of us are concerned about. It's cliche but it sounds like they've put lipstick on a pig. I get that toilet can grow mold after sitting empty in a dark for months, but it should not have gone in service like that. After all of Marriott's hype about how their, "Marriott Cleanliness Council is redefining our cleaning and safety standards..." Marriott PR'd their "Electrostatic spraying technology" but if they can't even do the basic cleaning how are we to trust they are even using this new technology - has anyone staying at the S/D seen one it use?
I submitted the email survey they sent but may reach out separately as well. The “electrostatic” cleaning says it’s in development in the brochure. So it may be something that has not and/or will not come to fruition. I did not see it being used anywhere.

There is an offer for booking a second room, called "Stay Connected." It needs to be booked by calling (888) 828-8850. The offer states that the second room can be booked as low as $145 (+ taxes & fees). I believe that the first room can be booked using a valid promo rate, but Reservations could confirm. The offer states it's subject to blackout dates, so holidays may be excluded.

Terms & Conditions
  • Offer is valid at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.
  • Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and subject to availability at time of booking.
  • A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates and additional restrictions and blackout dates apply.
  • Offer is for individual leisure travel and not valid for guests staying on a negotiated group rate.
  • Second room reservation must be under the same name as the first room and must have the same arrival and departure date.
  • If one room is cancelled, the lower rated CONNECT room must be cancelled. The hotel reserves the right to correct any errors made by guest on cancelling the higher rated room.
  • Basic room rates do not include additional per room per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes. The Resort Service Package is charged per room, per night.
  • Not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.
  • Void where prohibited by law.
  • Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
You know this offer has been around for awhile, as the last line of the T&C refers to Starwood.

Have you thought about booking this? This room type has 500 sq. ft., while a traditional room has 340 sq. ft.
https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/swan_deluxe_family_room.html
It would be less expensive than adding a second room.

BTW, my experiences at the Swan with Gold status are across the board - everything from being assigned to a room overlooking a roof and with only a half window, covered with chain link fencing, to rooms overlooking the front entrance, to resort view with balcony, to a Grand
Suite. I think it's luck of the draw, and if you stay there often enough, you occasionally hit a small jackpot.

First, thank you all for the feedback!!! Super helpful and much appreciated. In regards to the Alcove room/Family Suite... I did look at that room on the Marriott website however I only saw them with 1 king bed. With 2 teens I would definitely need 2 queen beds- do you know if they have any with queen/queen??

First, thank you all for the feedback!!! Super helpful and much appreciated. In regards to the Alcove room/Family Suite... I did look at that room on the Marriott website however I only saw them with 1 king bed. With 2 teens I would definitely need 2 queen beds- do you know if they have any with queen/queen??

Actually I just priced out the Alcove room and since there is no AAA discount, it would be the same cost in the end for us to either book 2 rooms (2nd one at a 25% discount) or 1 alcove room. I guess the 2 rooms would be better as at least we would have 2 bathrooms.

Last edited:
Actually I just priced out the Alcove room and since there is no AAA discount, it would be the same cost in the end for us to either book 2 rooms (2nd one at a 25% discount) or 1 alcove room. I guess the 2 rooms would be better as at least we would have 2 bathrooms.

For me, two bathrooms is always the way to go.

Having just returned from staying in a double/double alcove at Dolphin with 3 teen boys and 1 bath, I would definitely recommend the 2 rooms with 2 bathrooms. The very first night someone had to go to the bathroom while someone was in there.

We are staying at swan for a last minute trip. How do I like it to MDE? IT IS 8 numbers and I have tried the zero in front? Also, we are 2 adults in a 2 queen bed room.. do they charge extra for a child that is 5? What time does the pool area close as of recent? Thank you!

We are staying at swan for a last minute trip. How do I like it to MDE? IT IS 8 numbers and I have tried the zero in front? Also, we are 2 adults in a 2 queen bed room.. do they charge extra for a child that is 5? What time does the pool area close as of recent? Thank you!
You should be able to use the number you have, but it can take a day or so for MDE to be able to pick it up when you input it. No, they won't charge for a child of 5, however some posters have had problems with adding children. It might be easier to call to add you child, although this is anecdotal, and I have never done it.
Don't know about the pool...sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter