Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No table kit for mine, LOD had no clue if they had one or not.
It's a ST so grabbed a trusty demo table and wheeled it out to grocery entrance (near food avenue).
Begged three different employees for price signage but got no response. The signs do make a difference of encouraging sales.

I had 12 (yes TWELVE) boxes of 50 sample packs (total 600 packs).

Ran out at 3:45 but luckily another Target employee demo person gave me her extra Monster Bites that she was done demoing. Opened up boxes and gave out 160 more samples until I cleaned up at 4:50.

Yep it was busy, busy , busy! Brand new ST that opened last Sunday.
Same store I was at on Thursday with a disaster of a demo area.. someone re organized and stocked it well. YEAH! Another store to add to my faves list!

Parking lot was packed, beautiful warm day compared to the past week of chilly windy weather but no more Twins games to interrupt shoppers. :lmao:

They kept running out of grocery carts so I had a captive audience while they waited for more carts. :thumbsup2

At some point during my demo they restocked product, have no clue how many I sold except the two taken from my table. Made a "guessetimate" for paper work. I did not include the numbers for Monster Bites to make it easier for me and TMT.

For those doing ST events-- do NOT close demo tables by yourself ! A Target employee demo person had a table fall on her while putting it away today. Just a bad bump/bruise but have heard of others getting broken toes. I always tell the Target employees that MC people are not allowed to put up or break down tables.

Now for a whole week of ST events-- money is good! :woohoo:

SplshMtn99 said:
I'm doing that one in a couple of weeks, but no instructions yet. I'm interested in hearing how that one goes for you. Good luck.

Wow - good luck! It was the weirdest day I've had yet. There was only one cordon bleu, so I ended up taking the lemon pepper chicken (just one, nobody liked that!) and a couple of chicken parmigean (everyone loved that one!) But it took SOOOO long to cook. The chicken is fresh, not frozen - marinated and such. In the toaster oven, it took about 45 minutes - an hour! So I just stood there for part of the time, though I asked our manager for something else to do also - so he brought some of the granola bars to hand out, so I did that too.

Even after the 45 minutes to an hour, and checking the temperature and such of the chicken, there were parts that looked pink. That made me really uncomfortable. I kept trying to cook it, I am not sure why it wasn't changing from pink quickly (sometimes at all). Ugh.

So - well, good luck. :) I also had a little fire in my toaster oven, I think from some splatter that got on the heat element!

That Target Archer Farms demo was interesting. I ran out of samples at about 3:40, and called to tell TMT. They said I wouldn't be paid the full amount, but hey, the directives said to do what the Lead on Duty wanted me to do, and he wanted me to pack up and go. I wanted to stay. Ah well. I think it's time to look for a more consistent job.

Those Archer Farm packs were cool, but setting up where the people had already paid put a real damper on sales. That was a dumb idea, IMO, but maybe it will pay off in the long run.

momof2inPA said:
That Target Archer Farms demo was interesting. I ran out of samples at about 3:40, and called to tell TMT. They said I wouldn't be paid the full amount, but hey, the directives said to do what the Lead on Duty wanted me to do, and he wanted me to pack up and go. I wanted to stay. Ah well. I think it's time to look for a more consistent job.

Those Archer Farm packs were cool, but setting up where the people had already paid put a real damper on sales. That was a dumb idea, IMO, but maybe it will pay off in the long run.

Can't you just stand there and talk about the item like you do when you have no kit so you can stay the full time and get paid the full amount?
Or does the store MAKE you leave?

And STILL no events in my area!!! Have not done one since 9/21 :sad2: ........hoping to be paid for it soon!

Hi, I was at a couple of Publix's yesterday and I saw a few demos set up, One for Scoops and Salsa, The lady was not there when I first went by and then later she was there, Telling 3 boys they couldn't have any without their parents, Then a few minutes later she was gone again....
Then at another one I saw some cereal bars set up and no body was there at all, I don't think I ever saw anyone there.
Does anyone know what company does Publix stores?? I would love to work those, There are plenty around my house. It seems like they may need someone who will work those....
If it was any of you who was working yesterday, sorry, But I didn't see you.
None of the Targets or Walmarts are in my location right now, And my husband won't let me drive an hour away to work.... Hopefully some new ones will be posted and they will be near me....
If anyone knows any other companies please PM me, thanks

ldb1030 said:
Can't you just stand there and talk about the item like you do when you have no kit so you can stay the full time and get paid the full amount?
Or does the store MAKE you leave?

And STILL no events in my area!!! Have not done one since 9/21 :sad2: ........hoping to be paid for it soon!

I could have just stood there by the product (not in the front of the store where everyone was leaving), and I would have been fine with that, but the directions said to ask the lead what they wanted me to do. He said to go home, and I'm not one to argue with a store manager. It wouldn't be the right thing to do for the company, either.

nbodyhome said:
Wow - good luck! It was the weirdest day I've had yet. There was only one cordon bleu, so I ended up taking the lemon pepper chicken (just one, nobody liked that!) and a couple of chicken parmigean (everyone loved that one!) But it took SOOOO long to cook. The chicken is fresh, not frozen - marinated and such. In the toaster oven, it took about 45 minutes - an hour! So I just stood there for part of the time, though I asked our manager for something else to do also - so he brought some of the granola bars to hand out, so I did that too.

Even after the 45 minutes to an hour, and checking the temperature and such of the chicken, there were parts that looked pink. That made me really uncomfortable. I kept trying to cook it, I am not sure why it wasn't changing from pink quickly (sometimes at all). Ugh.

So - well, good luck. :) I also had a little fire in my toaster oven, I think from some splatter that got on the heat element!
:scared1: :scared: :crazy: :faint:

GREAT! :rolleyes: Mine will be the Barber Foods stuffed chicken. They are frozen. Last week when I was at that store, I checked to make sure they even carried them & they do. I remembered someone saying they no longer had microwave directions on them because they don't cook all the way. Website doesn't seem to either. BUT, the box I was looking at in the store said microwave on the front & had directions. No event instructions yet....but I'm HOPING its microwave so they'll cook faster at least. And hours to cook is aweful! :crazy: I would have gone crazy. And I've never cooked anything in my toaster oven like that. Its a toaster oven / convection oven...so maybe it would cook faster? I'll wait & see what the event directions are. Thanks for info.

I worked with a lady yesterday from MC that was doing the Chicken Corden Bleu and she was so frustrated because it took so long to cook. She would cook some all those would be gone then she would wait another hour for another patch to be done then toward the end she had a whole lot of samples left over because they did not become ready till the end of the demo. I think I would have probably took them over to the deli and ask them if they would cook them for me.

momof2inPA said:
I could have just stood there by the product (not in the front of the store where everyone was leaving), and I would have been fine with that, but the directions said to ask the lead what they wanted me to do. He said to go home, and I'm not one to argue with a store manager. It wouldn't be the right thing to do for the company, either.

I guess in 2 events I've done, I've never had to ask the lead what they wanted me to do. Just different directions for different events I guess.
I was not saying to argue w/ the manager or do something the company did not want you to do. I just thought they told her to go home because you ran out of product and I did not realize your directions said that.

Got my check today for 9/30 & 10/1 events... but in addition to being shorted $12 (enhanced rate) for my 9/16 event, they've now shorted me for the 9/30 event too... I emailed Taylor on 10/4, 10/10, called on 10/11 & just emailed again.... no response... they've now shorted me $26 (if you count the $2 from a no kit event - that I wasn't going to gripe about until now!!!) & don't have the courtesy to respond to me... if the $ weren't so good/easy I'd tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Those 10/29 events are taunting me... I so want to take one but I promised my Mom we'd paint her ceilings that day... :sad2:

MaMa3Princess said:
I worked with a lady yesterday from MC that was doing the Chicken Corden Bleu and she was so frustrated because it took so long to cook. She would cook some all those would be gone then she would wait another hour for another patch to be done then toward the end she had a whole lot of samples left over because they did not become ready till the end of the demo. I think I would have probably took them over to the deli and ask them if they would cook them for me.

I am glad I'm not the only one! The form said it would take 25 - 30 minutes (no way, it was double!) I wanted something else to do, which is why I ended up with the granola bars too. That helped with the time. Someone would come up and ask about what was in the toaster oven - it was like "well, it will be another 45 minutes, but here are some granola bars"! Chicken breasts take so long to cook, but it really was terrible when I started getting small flames in the toaster oven. :) I thought about asking deli, but they never even have enough time to do their own thing.

The Barber ones are frozen - I think those are fully cooked otherwise (and very tasty!) I used to buy them sometimes. They took a while in the toaster oven, but nothing beats the length of time for cooking raw chicken. :) And you can do them in the microwave, very quickly and still tasty.

Oh - and even after an hour (starting at 3:30 and ending at 4:30), I still ended up throwing out a bunch of chicken. All these people wanted to sample - until it was near the end! And that was okay, part of the chicken pieces still looked pink. I hate throwing food out, I don't know why it was taking so long to cook. I am fanatical about the health of the guests (I go through a lot of gloves, and I don't want to serve anything that isn't safe). So anything - even if the thermometer says yes, that looks questionable, in the trash (if I keep cooking and can't get it to look cooked through). I hate throwing away food, especially meat.

I wish there were more demos in my area. I live within fifty miles of Cleveland and hardly any jobs right now. I haven't seen the Archer Farms granola bars or chicken products here.

I FINALLY got a response about the missing $$... they admitted the 'oversight' & said it'll be in my next check.... :rolleyes1

drgnfly30 said:
I FINALLY got a response about the missing $$... they admitted the 'oversight' & said it'll be in my next check.... :rolleyes1

That's good, but still a pain that you had to ask.

No check today for me, but last 2 weeks, it came on Tues. Since I STILL can't get into ADP, I don't really know if I even made it into this weeks payroll, or if the check will arrive next week. I've been too lazy to follow up with them about why I still can't get back into ADP.

Bribrittmom said:
I wish there were more demos in my area. I live within fifty miles of Cleveland and hardly any jobs right now. I haven't seen the Archer Farms granola bars or chicken products here.

The jobs are slower here right now too - but I did have two this past weekend, and will probably have 5 this month total (one weekend I'm not taking any).

HEADS UP!!! I just booked three of the WINE events!!! 11/17, 11/18 & 11/25... You have to pass a quiz to remain booked.. :thumbsup2 (hint... all the answers are in the pdf document in the link)!!

No wine jobs here but I did manage to book three jobs this evening 10/29, 11/04, 11/05. I unbooked ST to go to Walmart because two of the demos need equipment, I rather make more to bring equipment KWIM

Well Dragon Fly atleast we know that the wine jobs exsist.

I finally signed up for my first demo!!! It's not too far from me. It is for frozen meals at Target... I am a little afraid.... It says all the stuff will be at the store..... Any suggestions.. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter