we won!!!! the cinderella castle suite stay (warning: long post!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup2 What an awesome experience! :)

I guess I better pack some overnight bags in our suitcases JUST IN CASE! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Are you serious? Disney refund money?:lmao: Only way your getting a refund is if you canceled the trip. Of course you wouldnt get that night stay back in a refund. You are still tech. still using the room, cuz your stuff is in there except for what you bring along for that 1 night. Oh and not to mention, they probably use that money for that 1 night you arent staying in the hotel room to pay for the castle suite.

I actually got Disney to refund tickets once to the backyard BBQ..what a disaster that was! I would agree with you though, your stuff is still in the room so you are still occupying it.

That is amazing on your win congratulations!!! It would be a dream to win such an experience. Thanks so sharing!

That was a fantastic story! I especially liked how Tinkerbell wrote notes to your boys. I'm so glad they enjoyed it so much!

Nope, we did not have to pay anything at all (well, not beyond the disney package we already paid for in advance of our trip). No taxes.

You'll get a 1099 in January 2008 and will pay the taxes on your win based on the value they set for the room rate which is $587 according to the official rules.

Last year my DH won a trip to DL valued at $3,500 and we had to pay about $1000 in taxes this year on the win.

You'll get a 1099 in January 2008 and will pay the taxes on your win based on the value they set for the room rate which is $587 according to the official rules.

Last year my DH won a trip to DL valued at $3,500 and we had to pay about $1000 in taxes this year on the win.

So much for free! :confused:

Just looked it up on the disney website... here's what it says about taxes....
Taxes:
All taxes (including, without limitation, U.S. federal, foreign, provincial, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to income taxes), VAT, GST, and, where legal, import duties and fees, as applicable) on or connected with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other expenses not specifically included in the prize descriptions in the Appendix are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each winner. Certain prizes described in the Appendix include a cash portion to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of any prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold applicable taxes as required by law (including, without limitation, United States taxes applicable to foreign resident winners and California state tax applicable to non-California resident winners) and to reduce the cash portion of any prize which includes a cash portion accordingly. To the extent that the cash portion of a prize is insufficient, or where a prize has no cash portion included, winner may be required to pay to Sponsor an amount to cover the balance or the entire amount, as the case may be, of all applicable withholding taxes at the normal rates required by law (notwithstanding any tax treaties that may provide for lower rates of tax withholding, including exemption from withholding with the satisfaction of qualification requirements) prior to prize award and failure to do so will result in disqualification.

First, thank you all so much for all your congrats! It's really nice of you to take the time to post.

Second, to all of you still going to WDW before the end of YOMD, I'm sending you lots of pixie dust. Hope you win something great!

Third, to the people who asked if we got a refund for our night out of GF and in the Castle, the answer is NO. No refund. All of our stuff (except the overnight bag) was still in our room at the GF, so it was technically still occupied.

About the pictures...for those of you with red x's (and I don't know why that happened so I am sorry about that) if you right click on the x and copy the properties, then open a picture viewing program and paste the properties in, you can see them.

I'll check back on this thread again soon, so if anyone has any other questions, let me know.
Beth

That is so amazing! Congrats! I loved reading your story of that magical day. :)

I was curious about the next morning. What time did you wake up and how did they wake you up? How much time did you have to get ready in the morning and did you just walk out of the suite when the park opened or were you sent back to your hotel before park opening?

Congratulations Beth! Truly a once-in-a-lifetime dream! :wizard:

That is so amazing! Congrats! I loved reading your story of that magical day. :)

I was curious about the next morning. What time did you wake up and how did they wake you up? How much time did you have to get ready in the morning and did you just walk out of the suite when the park opened or were you sent back to your hotel before park opening?

They told us that night before bed that we had breakfast reservations (on them) at Crystal Palace at 8:30am. We didn't go to bed til after 1am so I wanted to wait til the last possible second to get up. We had requested a wake up call at 7:30 (I didn't answer the phone so I don't know who called exactly) and had a chance to shower, dress and pack up our stuff before we had to go downstairs for breakfast. We left all the bags in the suite and they were delivered back to our hotel later that morning. After breakfast we went on a few rides in MK and then it started to pour so we headed back to our hotel, napped and went to MGM later that day. I think we probably couldve headed out into the MK in the morning before breakfast and walked around a little (no rides because the rides weren't open yet), but we were too beat from the late night before.

I only wish we had more time in the suite and in the park while we were still staying in the suite. Everything was a whirlwind. But awesome.

Oh my god! - how lucky are you!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo jealous but so chuffed that it was a disser that got a fab suprise. Your photos are lovely - if you have more please post them - it'll be the nearest the rest of us get to stying there:sad1:

Congratulations on your fab prize :banana: :banana:

Can you imagine if your MIL had refused before you got to her! - oh my god!

ps - great trippie by the way:thumbsup2

That is awesome!!!!! I got teary eyed reading your story. We are going in April and I haven't told my DH or DS anything about the chance of winning anything either. If you remember any of the trivia please share with us.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I have visited a few times but we are not able to go this year.

I tried to find you prictures but all I could find is a post with red boxes. Do you still have the photos posted? If so, i would love to see them.

Thanks again and Congratulations!!

Regards, Bob

Wow, so awesome!!! I'm thrilled for you. It's nice to hear these things first hand and see how much enjoyment that it brought.

How many stayed in the suite? I don't want to be out of the running because we have a baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter