• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

we won!!!! the cinderella castle suite stay (warning: long post!)

I'm so glad a DISser won a castle stay, so we get a first hand account! CONGRATS!

Have taken th eliberty of uploading them for you...

bmot.jpg

bmot2.jpg

bmot3.jpg

bmot4.jpg

Tracey L-- thank you sooooo much for doing that for me!! I was just logging on to try to re-upload the pix and here they are. You rock!!!

For the pp who asked when in our vacation we won, it was our first full day at Disney (we arrived late afternoon on Sunday, and we won early on Monday). Yes, we were floating thru the rest of the vacation!
Beth

Congratulations Beth and to your family! What a wonderful story to read. I too have teared up like so many others who read your news and it just made me feel so good!!! I think your detailed accound has aloud us all to feel as if we have been at the Castle to.

Enjoy your wonderful memories and thank you for sharing!!!

Suz

WOW..That's all I can say right now. OMGosh how I wish I was you. Congrats by the way!

Congrats to the OP! NowI know how to tell a certain someone WHY we can't stay in Cinderella's castle... I didn't know it was a random give-away. I figured it was a "Pay us tons of money and pray we have dates for you" kinda thing.

I do have a question about the selection process however, and I apologize if any of this was discussed up thread. Do they just pick people at random? Do they select ticket numbers based off of who comes to the park in the morning? Or (this is what I presume...) do they pick from people who are staying on property and their ticket comes up as being in the MK that day? We're staying off property because my folks own a condo in Kissemmee, but I'm starting to feel like even FREE accomidations are a rip-off, because we're missing out on so much.

Congrats to the OP! NowI know how to tell a certain someone WHY we can't stay in Cinderella's castle... I didn't know it was a random give-away. I figured it was a "Pay us tons of money and pray we have dates for you" kinda thing.

I do have a question about the selection process however, and I apologize if any of this was discussed up thread. Do they just pick people at random? Do they select ticket numbers based off of who comes to the park in the morning? Or (this is what I presume...) do they pick from people who are staying on property and their ticket comes up as being in the MK that day? We're staying off property because my folks own a condo in Kissemmee, but I'm starting to feel like even FREE accomidations are a rip-off, because we're missing out on so much.

Glad I could clear up some stuff for you! I wish I had enough $ to pay Disney for the suite, but it's a win only deal. Apparently, people with that kind of $ have been calling Disney and offering upwards of $60,000 a night for the suite but Disney will not do it. It's unclear as to what they are going to do with the suite once YOMD is over but I heard some talk about offering it (for free) to families with Make A Wish and the like. But they will not sell if for money. Which makes the winning all the nicer!

I was told by the dream team that there is a computer that randomly selects the winning location for the suite for the next day the night before. The results are then put in a safe til the next morning and is opened by a specific assigned member of the DT. The prize is then awarded to the lucky person. If they decline or can't do it, the computer randomly selects another time/location. We won on the Jungle Cruise cause my MIL was sitting in the "right" seat at the "right" time. So it dosen't matter where you are staying (on or off site) just if you are in the parks.
Beth

Just stubled on this thread...LOVE it! Congratulations! I think I am going to run through the parks next week just screaming pick me please...

I was told by the dream team that there is a computer that randomly selects the winning location for the suite for the next day the night before. The results are then put in a safe til the next morning and is opened by a specific assigned member of the DT. The prize is then awarded to the lucky person. If they decline or can't do it, the computer randomly selects another time/location. We won on the Jungle Cruise cause my MIL was sitting in the "right" seat at the "right" time. So it dosen't matter where you are staying (on or off site) just if you are in the parks.
Beth

That's great news! Thanks for clearing that up. I would hate to have to tell the girls "Well, it's a contest, but there's no way we can win..." Random selection is good!

Hey Beth! I "know" you from 2peas (I'msarahp) and I was wondering if you had posted your story over here!

I am still so excited for you!

We are going in September and I have my fingers crossed! I have 2 girls (7 and 10) and they would just about lose control if we got to stay there!

Thanks for sharing it here too! I love reading your story!

Hey Beth! I "know" you from 2peas (I'msarahp) and I was wondering if you had posted your story over here!

I am still so excited for you!

We are going in September and I have my fingers crossed! I have 2 girls (7 and 10) and they would just about lose control if we got to stay there!

Thanks for sharing it here too! I love reading your story!

Hi Sarah! It's nice to "see" people from 2ps here too-like a friendly face in the crowd. Not that everyone here isn't totally friendly! I hope you have a wonderful time in Sept and have a dream come true for you and your girls. Thanks for posting and reading my story (again)!!

What a great story - memory of a lifetime! My daughter really enjoyed the pics - thanks.:yay:

:cheer2: princess: :wave2: :bitelip: :o ::MinnieMo She posted the smilies!!!!

::MickeyMo

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a great story. I was hoping that a DIS'er would win and share their story. My fiancee and I will be on our honeymoon in July. We've beent talking about how cool it would be to win, but we know that the chances are pretty much slim to none. It's still cool to hear about someone else's great experience, though. Glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter