• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, if they do build a DVC at Contemporary......

I was showing DH the pics and he didn't get excited about them until I got to the flat screen TV - it must be in the genes!

I'd be tempted to stay there a time or two myself!

Yes, these pics were posted some time ago. Although the room decor is awesome, I still wouldn't purchase at CRV. I may stay a night or two, though... ;)

MG

Ya, I saw those rooms. They look very nice! I actually don't like the sinks, though. There doesn't look like any room to put anything down.

Now update the pool and I'm there! :sunny:

Hi,

Very nice!! I'd stay here!!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

WOW!

Modern decor usually doesn't appeal to me, but I could see myself staying there. Guess there is a CR stay in my future. Just proves that you should never say "Never!"

lsutigger2 said:
I was showing DH the pics and he didn't get excited about them until I got to the flat screen TV...

We'll eventually see them in the DVC resorts, too. There was some mention of the TVs being upgraded to HDTV at last year's association meetings. Granted HDTV doesn't necessarily mean flat screen, but some upgrade is inevitable...particularly since our dues will pay for it. ;)

Heck, by 2040 we'll probably be talking about 3DTV upgrades. :rotfl2:

I am loving the remodel because there is a similar theme at the Poly. Hubby saw the flat-screen TV and said "Now that is worth staying there!" If those tv's get me back to the Poly, I am all for the remodels. We stayed at Poly last year (before heading to OKW) and I was thrilled, but dh griped a lot about the small TV.

There was a thread that had a link to BOTH remodels, I think it was on the resorts board about a month ago. The pics were from a press visit tothe model rooms and specifically from the book "Luxury Guide to WDW" or something like that. Sorry I can't recall more specifically, Shan, maybe someone else here has the link?

The Poly room was quite similar to the Contemp room. Same layout and similar idea, with the two different themes applied. At the foot of the beds was a wide,low dresser with drawers in it and one end of this was like a desk that a chair could be seated under. The flat screen tv was on the wall above this unit. The Poly has a big closet and I remember the new design showed a built-in unit in the middle of the closet -- like a cabinet -- and I think the fridge was in there. There was an updated daybed and a chair near the patio doors, same layout like now. New carpet and fabrics and funky headboards, again like the Contemp but Polynesian-themed. The colors were more muted than the current rooms. It looked very luxurious!

Shan, I searched like crazy but could not find the link. I PM'd TikiMan to see if he knew where the pics were. The Poly looked very cool.

polyroom2005.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter