• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, if they do build a DVC at Contemporary......

We may be staying there in Feb for a few nights. I hope they finally get some of the rooms done! They have been delaying the start of the rehab for months. Right now Tonga (concierge suites) is the only longhouse done, but I think they may have started on another just recently.

Lisa, I looked at the pic's properties and went to the website. I saw the pic. AWESOME! Thanks!

BEAUTIFUL!

Now, this design is the Contemporary I'd like to stay at! I've always thought the old decor was gaudy! But this is NICE!

That was the one thing I really disliked about CR...the decor. We stayed in the main tower in Dec 99 and that was the one & only time. I just didn't like the retro-modern theming they had going on. But it's a great location! DVC there would be great!! :banana:

How difficult would it be to get one of the redecorated rooms once they're available?

I love the new look...it would make me a lot more inclined to stay at the Contempory !! I don't care for the look now.

the new Poly rooms look amazing too...maybe by the time we stay there again...all the rooms will be done.

Steve's Tikiman website has more info on the Poly remodel. :teeth:

The rooms are are really very pretty. The decor and the pool were the two things always stopping us from staying at the CR. Now that we bought DVC, I doubt we would stay there on points. Of course, if they make a garden wing into DVC units I'd certainly try it. :)

I know for a fact that DH would not mind our dues going up to pay for large flat screen TV's to watch ESPN on! TV's are very important to him. :)

when riding the ferry from MK to WL, we saw these huge drop cloths hanging out of the 3rd floor SOUTH wing cover the the balcony and 2nd floor. When I pointed it out to DH, one of the ferry boat "skippers" said, "oh yeah, they're turning those rooms into DVC!!!" He was totally serious. We said, you sure? and he said that's what Disney told him and he added that he wasn't told he couldn't tell anyone!! :flower: Oh boy!! :Pinkbounc

stingmom said:
when riding the ferry from MK to WL, we saw these huge drop cloths hanging out of the 3rd floor SOUTH wing cover the the balcony and 2nd floor. When I pointed it out to DH, one of the ferry boat "skippers" said, "oh yeah, they're turning those rooms into DVC!!!" He was totally serious. We said, you sure? and he said that's what Disney told him and he added that he wasn't told he couldn't tell anyone!! :flower: Oh boy!! :Pinkbounc
I find that CMs are usually the most guilty when it comes to spreading rumors. Those rooms were probably just the remodeling project.

I agree that the covered rooms are just being remodeled. If DVC was taking over part of the Contemporary project, they would be presellig it. Too many people have expressed interested and there is no reason for them to have to put out a huge cash outlay if enough people would prebuy. Look at SSR, lots of prebuys going on there every day.

Why would they remodel and THEN try to sell them?

stingmom said:

If Disney is converting the south wing to DVC units, I would bet they would change the room configuration or demo the existing building and start new.

This past week, I watched the workers sealing the perimeter windows/doors and installing vacuum ducts for containing/removing hazardous insulation. Sometimes this is done before a building is demolished.

If Disney starts dismantling the building, I would bet the next location for DVC would be at the Contemporary.

lllovell said:
I agree that the covered rooms are just being remodeled. If DVC was taking over part of the Contemporary project, they would be presellig it. Too many people have expressed interested and there is no reason for them to have to put out a huge cash outlay if enough people would prebuy. Look at SSR, lots of prebuys going on there every day.

Why would they remodel and THEN try to sell them?

The only reason they were pre-selling units at SSR is because they had no other product to sell. SSR didn't originally go on sale until August '03, just as their inventory of BCV points was virtually exhausted.

While I appreciate the reasoning behind your arguments, realize that they had to significantly discount SSR points as part of the pre-sale (giving away Developer's Points, discounting purchase prices, no dues payments, interest free financing, etc.)

There may even be legal reasons they couldn't pre-sell this far in advance, but I'm not certain.

That said, I still don't see DVC coming to the CR. These cast member rumors are a dime a dozen. If we believed what the CMs passed off as "fact", there would be a 5th theme park open now and monorail track all around Disney property.

tjkraz said:
The only reason they were pre-selling units at SSR is because they had no other product to sell. SSR didn't originally go on sale until August '03, just as their inventory of BCV points was virtually exhausted.

While I appreciate the reasoning behind your arguments, realize that they had to significantly discount SSR points as part of the pre-sale (giving away Developer's Points, discounting purchase prices, no dues payments, interest free financing, etc.)

There may even be legal reasons they couldn't pre-sell this far in advance, but I'm not certain.

That said, I still don't see DVC coming to the CR. These cast member rumors are a dime a dozen. If we believed what the CMs passed off as "fact", there would be a 5th theme park open now and monorail track all around Disney property.

oh boy Ill hold off :earsboy:

tjkraz said:
These cast member rumors are a dime a dozen. If we believed what the CMs passed off as "fact", there would be a 5th theme park open now and monorail track all around Disney property.

LOL! Isn't that true... I have personally heard some doozies from some bus drivers. I think they just get bored and make things up sometimes to see what happens. (They probably watch boards like this to see if thier "rumor" has become fact. :rotfl: )

WOW I am loving them...They don't look DVCish though maybe they are not going to add DVC :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter