• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, if they do build a DVC at Contemporary......

I don't think they are going to do a DVC at CR. Just my gut instinct talking not real facts or figures. I think they were thinking about it and had opportunity, but passed it by. I could be wrong but think it would have been announced by now.

I would love to stay at a CR DVC. But then again I want to try them all! :) I had heard thru the rumor mill that the next DVC would be at AKL. But would not start for 9 months or so. Just pass' on the gossip! :) I can see it though. Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge...VAKL...?

Darn, and I would need to come up with even more money. It would be hard to pass by on a AK add on...

When we were at WDW in June, we went to a manager's meeting at BC&YC. As it turned out, we did talk awhile with one of the managers and he mentioned that Disney was only remodeling the rooms at CR. They are not making it DVC. He did say that the rooms would be very nice. He also said that there are plans to build another Disney resort (not DVC), but it probably wouldn't happen for a few years.

A few days later, we went to the DVC members meeting at SSR and asked about plans for new DVC property. We were told that SSR isn't sold out and they are not planning on building another DVC property for awhile, especially since they have to finish selling off SSR.

I don't buy everything the CM's tell you. The info we got was from higher sources in two totally different positions.

I wouldn't hold my breath for CR to become DVC. Don't think it will happen. I could see GF having some DVC property before CR, IMO. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I guess I am the minority, I just never seen what was so great about the Contemprary.

Maybe if I stayed there once I may think more of it.

They could have DVC options at the contemporary of studios or connecting studios. I think there would be high demand for them, there's the electric water parade, access to the marina with two huge lakes to run around, naturally the monorial transportation, but you'd also be within walking distance of MK. I think lots of people have sentimental attachment to the contemporary, I know I do. It was really spectacular when I was young.

Beach_Bound9 said:
They could have DVC options at the contemporary of studios or connecting studios. I think there would be high demand for them, there's the electric water parade, access to the marina with two huge lakes to run around, naturally the monorial transportation, but you'd also be within walking distance of MK. I think lots of people have sentimental attachment to the contemporary, I know I do. It was really spectacular when I was young.
I think the monorail would be the biggest draw.

I figure that the rush to CR would make it easier on folks like me to get what we want. I have NO desire to stay on the monorail and MK is actually the park I spend the least amount of time in.

CarolA said:
I figure that the rush to CR would make it easier on folks like me to get what we want. I have NO desire to stay on the monorail and MK is actually the park I spend the least amount of time in.

Agreed, (other than we would love CR as an option) build some DVC resorts with great attraction (CR,POLY,AK,GF) instead of just filling the system with owners who desire sold out resorts.

Lesli54 said:
When we were at WDW in June, we went to a manager's meeting at BC&YC. As it turned out, we did talk awhile with one of the managers and he mentioned that Disney was only remodeling the rooms at CR. They are not making it DVC. He did say that the rooms would be very nice. He also said that there are plans to build another Disney resort (not DVC), but it probably wouldn't happen for a few years.

A few days later, we went to the DVC members meeting at SSR and asked about plans for new DVC property. We were told that SSR isn't sold out and they are not planning on building another DVC property for awhile, especially since they have to finish selling off SSR.

I don't buy everything the CM's tell you. The info we got was from higher sources in two totally different positions.

I wouldn't hold my breath for CR to become DVC. Don't think it will happen. I could see GF having some DVC property before CR, IMO. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

That's interesting.... And goes along with comments from my guide. Although he did indicate DVC at DL was a go. Like I said, I think they had an opportunity to do a DVC at CR but turned it down.

Personally, I hope SSR is the last onsite DVC property for a long while, there's plenty of expansion room there.

I'd stay at a Contemporary DVC and greatly enjoy it, but I wouldn't purchase there.

If I had the $$$$$, I would purchase CRV (CRV! Yikes...that acronym is already taken!) in a heartbeat!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter