What’s you prediction for return to normal travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catali150

Earning My Ears
When do you think tourism will be allowed again? I realize it’s anyone’s guess. what’s yours?

We have a trip planned to Iceland in July 2020. I figure it won’t happen but it’s too soon to cancel anyway.

Our first Disney Cruise is planned for March 2021.

What are your upcoming trips?

I have been enjoying more time with my daughter. And getting my home organized. Today I plan to bake with her which is something we rarely do together. I coincidentally am on my four week sabbatical at the moment so I don’t need to juggle WFH with childcare at the moment,

Share your story?

Start of the fiscal year. October 1
I know people are going to be mad at my answer but it’s my guess and I’m sticking to it.
I hope not I haVe a cruise end of August in Alaska. I don’t see it happening but I would like to change it to the fantasy. In my honest opinion I don’t see any cruising until the new fiscal year.

Last edited:
I agree I think fall at the earliest. Things might get better by July, but back to normal not until October or November, just in time for the flu/covid-19 season to start again.

We have the Panama Canal cruise booked this November but we planned on canceling even before the outbreak. I can't see there being a European season. I just think it will be awhile for normal travel. Just read the State Department is closing down all the Passport Offices Friday (today) so people who have not gotten passports yet and plan to travel abroad when this is over may have a lag time in getting them.

MJ

Last edited:

Sept/Oct? I was hoping our August WDW trip might still be a go, but not getting too excited about it.

We have a late July/early August cruise booked. I’m thinking it won’t sail.

I think late June. If the humidity and heat are indeed a factor in keeping the virus down it should wind down before June and give people a month to get back to "normal". The world maybe never be the same but some form of daily life will continue.

I'm guessing late summer/fall, although hopefully earlier than that!

We have a DCL Alaska cruise for June that I don't think is happening based on Canada's restrictions, however would be nice to hear a solid word from Disney! If it is cancelled or changes drastically I'd prefer to do Iceland (dreaming, if it's a possibility by then).

We have Hawaii in August.

No other travel planned yet as the first half of the year was our heavier travel time.

We have a NYC-Bermuda cruise in late October. I will be shocked if it sails, but we'll likely cancel anyway even if it does. I think people might start traveling again for work towards the end of the year, but leisure travel will likely take a sustained hit until there is a vaccine, so, minimum 14 months from now. Our only other currently scheduled trip is a safari in Kenya in summer 2022. I do hope things are back to "normal" by then!

Hopefully early/mid May (because I have a trip planned for late May) but realistically July/August. But, I have a trip planned for September. If they cancel my May, then I will probably try for December/January to make up for it (DVC points) but we shall see.

We have a trip to Disneyland planned and booked with our DVC points for the 1st week of June. I unfortunately bought the airline tickets in February before all of this. I was waiting til closer to buy park tickets. I’m so happy I didn’t purchase them early. If we are out the airfare I’m ok with that if the parks aren’t open yet or we still don’t feel comfortable traveling. We are anticipating our business being shut down on Monday by the Florida government, so it also depends on how long we are shut down for and how deep into our savings we have to go to get through this.

I think it’s possible the pandemic won’t peak until May-ish. Then the curve will have to go down for a while before travel becomes a free for all again so maybe August? It could come back in the fall so we personally will probably not travel until next spring at the earliest, when there might be a vaccine. We had booked a SWDAS cruise for Feb 2021 but we will cancel since we have no idea what state our finances will be in at that point. It is more important for us to get that deposit back than keep the OBB benefits. I just don’t like the idea of Disney keeping a chunk of my money right now.

I predict:

Mid May to begin returning
July will be the first kinda normal

Actual normal, in terms of travel, Summer 2021 if not later. Travel will be depressed from fear and longer term from the economic impact this is going to have on so many travelers from lack of disposable income.

Not to be a debbie downer, but if the cruise lines don't sail again until the fall then I'm not sure how many of them will still be in business. I think Disney will be ok because they only have four ships and a large company backing them but Royal, Carnival and NCL are going to be in major trouble if we are down that long

I find it amazing that after everything that's going on that anyone would ever want to go on a cruise again. Or that the cruise industry is going to survive this.

I find it amazing that after everything that's going on that anyone would ever want to go on a cruise again. Or that the cruise industry is going to survive this.

lol, are you ever going to go to Disney world again? Go to a sporting event or any large event? You’re around people everywhere you go. I’m not going to just shut myself in for the rest of my life.

Think about how many people touch things on the shelves at Walmart every day and put them back then you touch it. I bet you have no issue going to grocery stores though

lol, are you ever going to go to Disney world again? Go to a sporting event or any large event? You’re around people everywhere you go. I’m not going to just shut myself in for the rest of my life.

Think about how many people touch things on the shelves at Walmart every day and put them back then you touch it. I bet you have no issue going to grocery stores though
It's not about "being around people," it's about being basically trapped without any way to extricate yourself. Or perhaps you didn't read about all the people who were quarantined on cruise ships?

If I go to the movies, the door isn't locked and I can't get out. I can leave.

I do have issues going to the grocery store and I'm very careful now. I live in New York. I'm careful going to the laundry room in our building. I'm not kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter