What are you learning about your partner/spouse/roommate/kids that you didn't know before?

I've learned that my kids...especially the 13 year old....use an excessive amount of toilet paper. I wasn't aware until my husband recently started buying better/thicker stuff. They are also really bad at clearing their clogs. So, in light of this newly learned info and the great TP shortage of 2020, I am having to ration off paper to them and hiding the rolls!

or get one of these to split the ply into two rolls

i am with my core family of five (dh, ds (19) , ds (16), dd (22). I haven't learned much that i already know about them. packed house here and dh still working in ny (considered essential job) , however, i am learning a lot about my over 75 year old parents who are in nyc. i am learning they are rebellious, rule breakers, don't listen to government instructions and overall are clearly regressing to their hippie days that they never participated in in the 1960's but clearly making up for lost time. was it necessary to go to staples to return an ink cartridge yesterday at 79 years old?! i am learning that i am now the parent and they are now my kids...."bad behavior"

i am with my core family of five (dh, ds (19) , ds (16), dd (22). I haven't learned much that i already know about them. packed house here and dh still working in ny (considered essential job) , however, i am learning a lot about my over 75 year old parents who are in nyc. i am learning they are rebellious, rule breakers, don't listen to government instructions and overall are clearly regressing to their hippie days that they never participated in in the 1960's but clearly making up for lost time. was it necessary to go to staples to return an ink cartridge yesterday at 79 years old?! i am learning that i am now the parent and they are now my kids...."bad behavior"

I feel your pain. My father will be 89 and he refuses to stop going to the grocery store 3-4 days a week. He says he's never met a virus that could kill him ....wth?!? Apparently he isn't too worried about my 83 yo mother either...

I have learned that my hubby of 43 years, who used to try to out "he-man He-Man", now admits his vulnerability, and his common sense, which I have always admired, is so valuable during these trying times. It used to make me scream that he was so practical. I guess what I have learned is that we have, thankfully, grown in our understanding of each other. Two weeks ago I would have thought he was oblivious to how I felt. A retired accountant, he also has been thinking less of financial losses and more of social losses. Boy is that a first! I'm glad I kept him!

I’ve recently discovered my wife is not great at ordering greetings cards from online retailers. For valentines I got one with a message she had written & they had printed - she had forgotten to address it to me. This week I got a birthday card that said
“To
[insert name here]
and then the rest of her message”

we’ll try again in the summer for our anniversary.

I’ve recently discovered my wife is not great at ordering greetings cards from online retailers. For valentines I got one with a message she had written & they had printed - she had forgotten to address it to me. This week I got a birthday card that said
“To
[insert name here]
and then the rest of her message”

we’ll try again in the summer for our anniversary.
Ummm - kind of reminds me of an embarrassing (but now funny) story from MANY years ago. I was responsible for buying/getting people to sign/giving to recipients the cards for both a housewarming and a sympathy card. It had been a REALLY stressful week, and we were all passing around/.signing the cards on the way to the housewarming - probably about 20 of us, at least, sot THAT was hectic, and stressful.

Anyway - we got to the houswarming, and I had put that card in the envelope, and attached it to our communal gift. The host looked a bit confused as he opened the card, but went on to open the gift, and seemed fine. When I went to mail the SYMPATHY card a few days later, I realized I had the HOUSEWARMING card in my hand. Rutt roh!!!!

When I got to work that Monday, I sheeplshly asked the housewarming person if I had given them the SYMPATHY card. He said yes, and we shared a good laugh - he thought we all were punking him, because we DID all have a pretty sardoonic and sarcastic sense of humor.

We sobered up a bit, and then fell into uncontrollable (although maybe a bit inappropriate) fits of giggles when he said "Gee - thank God you LOOKED before you MAILED the sympathy card!! That would have been BAD if it said "Welcome to Your New Home!". :rotfl2: I always QUICKLY turned down ANY requests to be "the card person" for ANY and ALL events after that!!!!

(Hopefully the above does't offend anyone - I am sharing a self deprecating story in the hopes that it will give everyone a few chuckles at this all-too-serious time. Yes - EVEN at MY OWN expense!!!) :)

Last edited:
I have learned my older son cheats and my younger son is a really sore loser!! We have added some games to our day to get a break from screens. I also learned my husband does not deal with “kid” noise well especially when he is stressed. Sorry, can’t keep them silent for 8 hours just because he is working from home.

My honey and I are sort of like John and Kevin. He works from home so is always home, I only work 2 days a week. We go everywhere together except Disney, he doesn't like crowds so I go alone. We don't really socialize a lot so it's not really that much different for us. I'm still going to work since I work in a 2 person company and the boss rarely comes in, I actually went a year without seeing him.

My honey and I are sort of like John and Kevin. He works from home so is always home, I only work 2 days a week. We go everywhere together except Disney, he doesn't like crowds so I go alone. We don't really socialize a lot so it's not really that much different for us. I'm still going to work since I work in a 2 person company and the boss rarely comes in, I actually went a year without seeing him.
omg same!

I have learned that Tina really knows how to shop. There’s enough food in the freezer and pantry that I think were safe for months. We spend all of our time together outside of my work hours (Tina is retired). I hit the jackpot when I married my best friend. We celebrated our 29th anniversary this week and even though we were forced to stay at home no fancy dinners etc. It was spending time with my best friend that made the day so perfect.

I have learned that Tina really knows how to shop. There’s enough food in the freezer and pantry that I think were safe for months. We spend all of our time together outside of my work hours (Tina is retired). I hit the jackpot when I married my best friend. We celebrated our 29th anniversary this week and even though we were forced to stay at home no fancy dinners etc. It was spending time with my best friend that made the day so perfect.
@Ron from Michigan - How sweet, sure wish I had found that in my life! And a very happy, HEALTHY, and magical anniversary to the both of you! I hope you have many more memory-making years ahead!

Give each other a big hug from Kevin and me!!!

I love this.

My husband taught for over a decade and is now a high school administrator. Though he always had summer jobs, we got so much more time together for those few weeks. This sort of reminds me of that, minus the nice weather and access to activities. It's sort of like going back in time.

It's also made it really clear to me that he's a lot more okay doing nothing/vegging/just being than I am! ;)

That we need more than 1 television!!! So, I’ll get on the iPad and check on my Disney friends. Also, that I love beating my kids at Monoply.

How are you doing this Monday Jersey girl?!
@disneyworldsk - Hangin' in, hangin' on. Looking at things from the most positive point of view I can muster, and trying to encourage others to do the same. Without sounding Pollyanna, there truly is SO much to be THANKFUL for, if this HAD to happen. How's about you?
Socially distanced hugs to you, and all, from Joisey! :)

@disneyworldsk - Hangin' in, hangin' on. Looking at things from the most positive point of view I can muster, and trying to encourage others to do the same. Without sounding Pollyanna, there truly is SO much to be THANKFUL for, if this HAD to happen. How's about you?
Socially distanced hugs to you, and all, from Joisey! :)
thankful we are healthy. thankful i have my family altogether. concerned some are still 'essential' workers in my house and going out to work and can't work from home jobs (two). two stay home with me so i am half concerned! haha. lots to do at home including my mega disney puzzle (the biggest one there is, i forget the piece count, it's enormous) and cooking and cleaning and when it's not raining and cold like today try to get a breath of air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter