What Happens on a Disney Cruise, Stays on a Disney Cruise? Right? Complete! 4/3/07!

tinkerbell87512- Well thank you! It really does help!

I have a little attachment problem with Disney. While I want to see more of the world (not referring to WDW), I don't want to give up any time at WDW to travel elsewhere.

I want to take a trip to Cancun and stay at an all inclusive resort there I've heard such great things about. I want to take my kids to see Europe and Australia. I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise. There's Carnival in Brazil, photo safaris in Africa, The Galapagos and Easter Islands. Of course, I can't forget to go see the Big Island and Mauai since we didn't get to those when we went to Hawaii in the Fall.

I'd better stop. That list will never end!

I haven't been to MNSSHP, but plan to this year.

If they do another Pirate and Princess Party net year try to go. It was great!

Im totally with you on that one!!! I had the perfect b-day trip booked for this may to WDW and it was paid for and planned to a T. Well I got the chance to go to Paris (the same exact week as my WDW trip) well I decided to cancel my WDW trip. That was the hardest phone call I ever had to make. For some it may be an easy choice to go to Paris. And yes thats a dream come true for me to go to Paris but giving up Disney was hard. I wish I could just take a year off of bills and Life and travel the world.

Oh and Im so tempted to take a weekend length trip(Thur-Sat or Sun) for the Pirates and Princess Party if they have it. I should seriously just consider moving down to FL. It would save me tons of money not having to buy plane tickets. lol

Anyway sorry to take your thread off topic. :goodvibes

It's now 10:10 as we arrive at port. I see loads of cars, lots of people! Oh no!

Now while I did promise I would not be aggressive about snagging a great boarding number, that it was more important to relax and enjoy the day, who was I fooling?

The check in booths in the driveway by the ship took so long! They checked identification and asked questions. Inside, I was yelling "HURRY!". Outside I was attempting for the cool as a cucumber model.

The chief muttered several times "I'm really trying to get us there dear, hang on". How did he know I wasn't really as smiling and serene as I was attempting to appear?

He pulled up at the terminal and a couple of porters hurried over to the car. The quickly unloaded our luggage as we slapped the luggage tags on that DCL had sent with our itinerary and hauled them off. DH was instructed to drive the car over to Montana to park it.

Ok, the parking lot was not in Montana, but it was pretty far away, and arranging the parking fees and such took a while. Then, the Princess remembered forgetting a few things she needed the Chief to retrieve from the car....a few times. So it was a while before we saw the Chief again.

We walked into the terminal. Most of the crowd was heading to the escalator to the right, so the kiddos and I broke away and went to the sweet, smiling CM on the left empty escalator. She handed me this:

P2280020.jpg

The planets aligned, global warming resolved, peace reigned on the planet in an instant!

Stunned, I said "Haven't handed many out yet this morning"

To which my amazing magical WONDERous CM stated "Oh, they have, but I just got here".

Did you hear something that sounded like thunder coming from Florida on March 1, 2007? That was the sound of my heart leaping out of my chest in joy!!!

Here it is again in case you didn't catch it the first time:
P2280020.jpg

Yep, that's one souvenir I'm keeping!!

We floated up the elevator into the terminal. What a beautiful sight! Gorgeous inlaid flooring, great windows, and this:
P2280018.jpg

and we moved closer
P2280019.jpg

closer
P2280022.jpg

and to the side
P2280021-2.jpg

and the OTHER side
P2280023.jpg

I saw a couple of people line up over by the check in area, so I hauled the kiddos over with me to get in line too. We were about the 4th group in line, but I am glad we lined up when we did because CMs started to cordon off the area to form the weaving line thing Disney is so famous for at attractions. There were a lot of people there and it was only 10:45. I called the Chief on the cell and told him to kick his Tribbles in high gear to the terminal. I was worried I'd need him with me to check in. Yikes!
The line starts moving ahead. gradually, steadily more and more CMs start appearing out of the woodwork opening check in stands. We move to the front of the line and I cannot see the elevators over the sea of heads behind me. Do I let the people behind me go ahead? If I do, will the people behind them expect it as well? What about the people behind THEM? What would I start?

Fah gett about it! It was our turn and we stepped forward to our check in desk. I handed my paperwork and passports over to the CM. He checked us in!!! Just as we finished, the Chief hurried up. Whew!

We then made our way over to get the kids checked into the clubs and were assigned our pager for the cruise. In my sweaty, trembling hands were four Key the the World cards, now to be referred to as KTTW cards. Disney did this oh so right! Even the name of the cards. Wow!

Minnie was in the terminal now being photographed with kids. Since most people were in the check in line, the line for Minnie was pretty short. The Princess got her autograph and picture with Minnie and gave her a big hug. The Princess may be 8, but she's still under the thrall.

We headed over to some tables where CMs had laid coloring pages and pencils and planted our cabooses there.

Enough already. We were already oh so over it.

We figured we'd just leave.

Or did we?

Now I know you didn't believe THAT one, while you may likely have fallen for it a few times before in this report.

Out through the windows by the tables was the WONDER!!!
P2280030-1.jpg

and a view of the gangplank (isn't that what its called?)
P2280029.jpg

just one more:
P2280028.jpg

The Chief and Prince had run off to the little sailor's room and returned, which made me realize DD and I should go too, since once we boarded we had a plan of attack that potty breaks did not fit into!

DD and I skipped (Yes, those of you in the terminal on March 1st at about 1115 may have witness this phenomenon) to the restrooms.

Oh man! Something not so Disney was smoking out of that restroom!

Someone call Tinkerbell! We need pixie dust aromatherapy deodorizing dust in there. The Princess turned her big, brown puppy dogs eyes to me and said "Do we HAVE to?"

I debated for a minute. Ok, just a sec as it smelled like something died in there.

Yes! I instructed the princess to hold her nose and try to just use one hand for her potty duties. Which we both did. Taking big breaths and holding it while we washed our hands, we dashed out without drying.

So sue me, but that was SO bad!

We made it back to the Chief and the Prince just in time to gather our belongings and get in line to board!

The called Boarding Pass #1 to board!

Here we go!!:cheer2:

Im totally with you on that one!!! I had the perfect b-day trip booked for this may to WDW and it was paid for and planned to a T. Well I got the chance to go to Paris (the same exact week as my WDW trip) well I decided to cancel my WDW trip. That was the hardest phone call I ever had to make. For some it may be an easy choice to go to Paris. And yes thats a dream come true for me to go to Paris but giving up Disney was hard. I wish I could just take a year off of bills and Life and travel the world.

Oh and Im so tempted to take a weekend length trip(Thur-Sat or Sun) for the Pirates and Princess Party if they have it. I should seriously just consider moving down to FL. It would save me tons of money not having to buy plane tickets. lol

Anyway sorry to take your thread off topic. :goodvibes

tinkerbell87512- Please don't apologize! It's definitely not off topic! Living here makes airfare really unreasonable expensive. Our relatives aren't here and only my parents and my husband's parents have visited us up here. It usually falls upon us to visit the others. We did that in the past, but stopped when they didn't reciprocate. It's just too expensive.

Now that the kiddos are older, they are easier to travel with, so we'd like to go visit more places. Moving to Florida this summer will definitely lighten the load on traveling expense. The cost of living is roughly the same as here. While Florida does have sales tax and Montana does not, there is no state income tax in Florida, which hits me hard here in Montana.

Besides, I envision budgeting annual passes and frequent trips the Precious :-)love: ) when we move to Florida. LOL

Ooohhh Paris! That's going to be so amazing!!

I think that you are my long lost separated twin, I could have written part of your trip report, I also got a number 2 and was dancing away.....
My DH thought I was nuts, and my kids pretending they did not know me, I feel the same way about vacation, some places I want to go to, and where do we end up every Summer Fort Wilderness.

Oh does that Volcano bring back memories, I can taste it now. My husband insisted we order one when we were in Niagara Fall for our honeymoon, and he proceeded to eat almost the whole thing. Once I rolled him out of there I could of rolled him right on down the hill and into the river. Needless to say we ended up walking it off. I love your report, and the pictures are great. I cant wait to see the WELCOME sign myself, I'm sure the emotions will flow and I'll get that look from the hubby.

Keep it coming:thumbsup2

Come on,let us know. I also had the coveted Number 2. I will treasure that little piece of paper forever.

Wow great job so far, can't wait to hear about the cruise!:goodvibes

Love your trip report so far...and you are now just getting to the actual cruise. I am getting so much info from you...we also do the timeshare presentations for nice little gifts. Of course the last one we went too, we ended up buying...so they got the gift of our money instead! Also learned a fellow diser lives in my town...I didn't think anyone else lived in Amherst,NH! Thanks so sharing and keep it going!:goodvibes

Oh does that Volcano bring back memories, I can taste it now. My husband insisted we order one when we were in Niagara Fall for our honeymoon, and he proceeded to eat almost the whole thing. Once I rolled him out of there I could of rolled him right on down the hill and into the river. Needless to say we ended up walking it off. I love your report, and the pictures are great. I cant wait to see the WELCOME sign myself, I'm sure the emotions will flow and I'll get that look from the hubby.

Keep it coming:thumbsup2

CDolacki2003- I wonder if Disney has their own version of the volcano somewhere? I know the Beaches & Cream Ice Cream parlor over at Yacht/Beach Club has the kitchen sink, but that's so different.

Nothing quite says "vacation" like stuffing yourself silly on sweets, huh?

Ugh! Just the thought of eating that volcano now makes my tummy twinge.

Come on,let us know. I also had the coveted Number 2. I will treasure that little piece of paper forever.

NJMermaid Why do we covet that? I told myself ahead of time that I would NOT go out of my way to get to the terminal early to get that #2 Boarding Pass. Yet I did it anyway.

I'm determined to be more relaxed for our next Disney Cruise

Yeah right!

More please!!!!:goodvibes

Skyw Thanks for reading! I'm working ont he next installment right now.

I just keep bawling as I'm typing so it is taking a good bit of editing. What an incredible thing to relive through this trip report.

pppiglet Thanks so much for following along! I am determined to have this whole trip report done by Easter.

It's NOT looking good to meet that deadline.

I'm a bit longwinded

.....in case no one noticed:rotfl:

Well, I just made it through all 6 of the Harry Potter books back to back and I need some intense reading... so be as long winded as you'd like!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter