What Happens on a Disney Cruise, Stays on a Disney Cruise? Right? Complete! 4/3/07!

Awww I love the flowers...beautiful...way to go hubby! :banana:

Also I love that room! Wow Ive got a cat 12 booked so i know it wont even compare to yours. oh well at least im on the ship right?! lol

chepic- Oohhh! You do?? I might have to pick your brain a bit. I liked that OKW was the first DVC. Dh loved that it was right on the golf course. We had lunch on the dock by the boats and met the friendliest birds. What a gorgeous place!

We have stayed in all of the resorts and OKW has the biggest room space. I am not certain what the Animal Kingdom villas will be like, but the rest of them are smaller/tighter. The best was the day we sat out on the porch, having drinks, watching the golfers coming by and listening to them all lieing about where their ball landed.....of course they didn't see us, and of course;) we had to let them know where the ball landed :rotfl2:

Needless to say we laughed and they groaned!!!

cheryl

Awww I love the flowers...beautiful...way to go hubby! :banana:

Also I love that room! Wow Ive got a cat 12 booked so i know it wont even compare to yours. oh well at least im on the ship right?! lol

tinkerbell87512
The flowers were a complete surprise! They smelled really nice too. My husband was a little disappinted that they didn't come with the balloons he ordered.

The room just knocked our socks off.

My DH asked last night if we should look at a suite instead of "just" a regular Category 5 for our next cruise becuase he's worried it will seem too small! LOL

I bet a cat 12 will be just fine. While the room was terrific, we really weren't in there much to enjoy it.

We have stayed in all of the resorts and OKW has the biggest room space. I am not certain what the Animal Kingdom villas will be like, but the rest of them are smaller/tighter. The best was the day we sat out on the porch, having drinks, watching the golfers coming by and listening to them all lieing about where their ball landed.....of course they didn't see us, and of course;) we had to let them know where the ball landed :rotfl2:

Needless to say we laughed and they groaned!!!

cheryl

chepic Awww LOL

I read that the OKW had the most sq footage too, as well bas better laundry facilities and more amenities, including a library in one of the main buildings.

I also noticed that in rhe resale market, they often sell for around $78 per point, which is $14 per point less than if you were to buy directly through DVC (if OKW wasn't sold out via DVC sales)

I also don't want to buy the whole 150 points right off the bat, I want a smaller set of points, to help ease DH into the transition a bit, then add more points gradually.

I know my husband would just love to come home to a big three bedroom grand villa, invite his family down, and play golf right there with his father and brothers. That would sell it to him in a heartbeat.

I'd go rent that amount of points from someone to do it before buying, but convincing his parents and brothers to come would be the hurdle.

We may be movign to central Florida this summer, but I still want to be able to go "home" to WDW a couple times a year.

The Gluttons are happy dancing, booty shaking, doing the bump, and performing mid air torso slams in excitement of seeing their stateroom.:cool1:

We madly check all the amenities out, opening and shutting doors, lights off and on, doors opening and closing. We call Guest Services about a box we'd shipped ahead and they said they'd bring it right up. Sweet!:banana:

The Chief and I stood on the veranda just soaking in the view. The kids had to check the channels on the television, load their sodas in the cooler box, and stow their snacks too. A knock on the door alerted us to the arrival of our box form home.

The kids tore it open, thinking it was Christmas morning and the box was from Santa.:woohoo:

Um No. In the box were gift bags for our servers, characters, and stateroom host. Also bubbles for the sail away party, pirate costume goodies, snorkeling gear, over the door shoe organizer, pop up hamper, bus bar, night light/bedside alarm clock, Disney Cruise line soaps, shampoo, and lotion off eBay, Castaway Cay ball caps from eBay, packing tape, pens, pillow cases, and more Altoids Ginger tablets.

We found homes for it all and put the box in the closet for later use.

The phone rings and I answer it. Static. I hang up. The phone rings again. Static. I hang up. The phone rings AGAIN. I told the kids to leave it. The message button is blinking. I pick up the phone, attempt to retrieve the message. Static. Gggrrr They announce the lifeboat drill.

We grab the life vests off the top shelf of our walk in closet (all four of us can go in that closet at the same time!), put them on, help each other adjust straps, and leave. Placed here and there about the ship are life vest wearing CMs who direct you wear to go. OK they herd you like cattle, but that works. We were lead to Animator's Palette, seated across other life vest wearing trip mates, and we sat and listened to CMs make announcements.

Then, as abruptly as it started, it ended and we were ushered back upstairs to our stateroom.

Our luggage had arrived, I attempted to unpack a bit, and upstairs we went to Deck 9 for the Sail A Way Partayyy!

It was already in full swing when we arrived!:dance3:
P2280003-1-2.jpg

There was a HUGE crowd of people up there getting their groove on
P2280008-1-1.jpg

The Chief and the kids just stood there watching the entertainment CMs working the crowds, dancing like fiends, and weren't budging. I grabbed the Princess and we danced. The Prince (I could tell) thought he was a bit too cool to dance. We broke the bubbles out and held the wands in the wind to make the bubbles.

DD and I are bubbling, singing, screaming, and dancing. DH and DS are just standing there. I'm also trying to snap pictures during all this mayhem.

dcl1_party.jpg

party up on the Dumbotron (I need one of these for my living room)
P2280002-1-2.jpg

close up of party on Dumbotron:
P2280009-1-1.jpg

The crowd by the stack
P2280007-1-1.jpg

The terminal through one of the glassed in barriers on Deck 9:
P2280010-1-1.jpg

I grab the Chief, DS, and DD and we make our way to the bow of the ship as she begins to move. The horn blasts "When You Wish Upon a Star" and the tears start flowing. We see two, yes, just two CMs at the terminal, each with one Mickey glove on, waving to us. We keep moving toward the bow. The wind is really going. My hair is being whipped around my face, whipping into my family's faces, and even strangers. I'm trying to hold my hair out of everyone' way and politely make my way forward into the throng of people gathered at the front of the ship to see the same view.

While we did see a couple of dolphins off the bow, the sky was overcast and the wind was ferocious, so we made our way back inside and headed toward our cabin.

We met our stateroom host Ronald who asked us if someone had come fixed our phones. I had no idea what he was talking about. I told him about my troubles with the phone earlier but had no idea how he knew about the phone not working?????

Just then, a CM approached us. Picture the four Gluttons, Ronald, and the CM all in the corridor together. LOL She told us that our head dining room server had been trying to contact us. Our seating had been switched to 6pm! Yikes! It was 5:30 now!

The messenger left and a CM from ship maintenance arrived to give our stateroom new telephones. Apparently, the head server had been trying to reach us for a few hours since I left Wave Bands to tell us our rotation was been granted.

The CM swapped out the telephones in only 20 minutes and left.

We ran around, hurrying to get out of our swimsuits and into dinner clothes, and hurried out. We made it to Parrot Cay for dinner(whew)
P2280024-1.jpg

We met our head server (Beejeh (sp?) who told us about his troubles trying to reach us by telephone all afternoon. He led us to our table and there we met our servers for the cruise Salomie from Jamaica and Tomas from the Czech Republic. Two really neat people! Salomie was the organized, efficient server, while Tomas was our comedian, magician, friendly assistant server.
Parrot Cay was very vibrant and pretty! The chandelier above us:
P2280016-1-1.jpg

the carpet:
P2280017-1.jpg

We had a table just for the four of us. When I asked why, Salomie said it was because of the food allergies, so other guests food won't trigger my food allergies. While I enjoy dining with my family, I wouldn't have minded table mates. I don't eat other people's food and the rest of my family can still eat walnuts when I'm around. A tiny bummer, but I'm flattered that they were being so considerate of me.
We ordered our drinks from Tomas (second Bahama Mama for Moi), appetizers, soups (Prince had the mango soup and I had the creamy onion Mmm). I didn't remember to take food pics until later in the meal.....sorry.
Ribs (mine!)
P2280020-1.jpg

The Princess entrée:
P2280021-1-1.jpg

The Prince's food:
P2280022-1.jpg

and the Chief's:
P2280019-1.jpg

Halfway through our entrées, the Chief announces that he's not feeling so good. Tomas and Salomie are greatly concerned and instruct him to load up on sugar to offset his nausea. He tries to sip a bit of Sprite and then announces that he NEEDS to get back to lay down right away.

No dessert, we rushed out of there fast. Salomie and Tomas were very sweet and attentive. The ship was rocking quite a bit and the tiny hallway to our stateroom seemed even tinier. I looked at the Chief's face while the kids were opening the stateroom door and it was GREEN. As soon as we opened the doors, the chief hurried to the bathroom, opened the lid to the Suck O Matic and lay on the cold tile floor.

The kids were asking for the clubs. DH ill, the boat is rocking a lot, its our first night on board. What about the show? What about My plans? I dug through our toiletry kit and found the tube of Dramamine from our Hawaii trip. I brought it to DH in the bathroom.

Oops. It was empty. DH told me he took it after his seasickness episode on our Kauai catamaran adventure in September. He put the empty container back in our bag. Nice. I gave him a pack of ginger Altoids and asked him if he could make it to the show.

We staggered and swayed our way to the Walt Disney Theater (Beautiful!)

12. The Medical Center on the ship offers free seasickness medication for guests.

Up next:

Let's Get on with the showwwwwww!

Mrs Glutton- what kind of camera do you use? It takes fab pics! Hmmmm, I wonder.... can it take a picture of you?

Or not?

We'll have to stay tuned.

popcorn::
Really enjoying this.
Ok, reason for editing...of course we're reading this. Its from the Gluttons!

I admit it-I was actually humming the 2001: A Space Odyssey music for the Grand Entrance to the Palace photographs.

DW and I will soooo have to behave on the 10/08 DD with the Gluttons.

Would you please tell us more about shipping things to the ship? Very interesting...

Sean

Mrs Glutton- what kind of camera do you use? It takes fab pics! Hmmmm, I wonder.... can it take a picture of you?

Or not?

We'll have to stay tuned.

pierresgirl I used a terrific Olympus with only 3.2 MP and 3x zoom.

Takes terrific underwter pics too with the special housing I purchased for it:

PA050083.jpg

PA020007.jpg

and nice for taking pics of amazing Hawaiian sunsets too!
PA060188.jpg

Ok so it was YOU who was buying all the stuff off of ebay!!!

Can't you just take the soap off the ship???

Ok so it was YOU who was buying all the stuff off of ebay!!!

Can't you just take the soap off the ship???

Tink rules Yes, twas I.:snooty:

The new DCL toiletries (H2O brand) smell funky.:eek:

Kinda like a dirty, sweaty, guy type smell:guilty:

Only not in a GOOD dirty, sweaty, guy type smell:sick:

I'm wishing you were on a 7 night cruise so you could keep posting a lot longer!

popcorn::
Really enjoying this.
Ok, reason for editing...of course we're reading this. Its from the Gluttons!

I admit it-I was actually humming the 2001: A Space Odyssey music for the Grand Entrance to the Palace photographs.

DW and I will soooo have to behave on the 10/08 DD with the Gluttons.

Would you please tell us more about shipping things to the ship? Very interesting...

Sean

PaDisneyCouple- Dn't you dare behave on our account! This cruise was a warm up for the Gluttons.

We're going to be naughty on our next one, V-E-R-Y naughty. I've already warned DH.

The kiddos? They can be wild too, they get that from their Mom:rotfl:

From the boonies, I sent my box about 10 days before the day of the cruise (a couple days before we left here) sent it Priority Mail right to the ship. There's a mailing address in the FAQ page of the main DCL forum.

We aren't supposed to ship liquids and I think there are a few other things that are prohibited, but the list is with the address on the FAQ page.

For the 10/08 cruise, I was going to make trick or treat bags up, get Halloween decorations, and mail to the ship.pirate:

You're doing a double dip???????????????????????????

The 3 and the 4 night or 2 7's????????????????????

If you're going in Oct... after my first cruise this Oct... If I go back in 2008...I may get "stuck" on the ship with you guys!!! :lmao:

Will check wanted posters before entering terminal.... (well, so I know what you guys look like...) :rolleyes:

Ahem... pics needed of Gluttons for this trip report!!!! :grouphug:

You're doing a double dip???????????????????????????

The 3 and the 4 night or 2 7's????????????????????

If you're going in Oct... after my first cruise this Oct... If I go back in 2008...I may get "stuck" on the ship with you guys!!! :lmao:

Will check wanted posters before entering terminal.... (well, so I know what you guys look like...) :rolleyes:

Ahem... pics needed of Gluttons for this trip report!!!! :grouphug:

Tink rules-Hi there! We're on a special 7 night cruise leaving October 25, 2008 that makes two stops at Castaway Cay as well as a stop in Cozumel and Costa Maya.

We may do one around Christmas 2007 too, it depends on the Chief's work schedule.

Well...

I'm hoping for Halloween this year - my mom wants the 4 night (1st cruise) but I'm holding out tor the 7 night eastern... lets see who wins!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter