What Happens on a Disney Cruise, Stays on a Disney Cruise? Right? Complete! 4/3/07!

Well...

I'm hoping for Halloween this year - my mom wants the 4 night (1st cruise) but I'm holding out tor the 7 night eastern... lets see who wins!!!

Tink rules- Go for a 7 night if you can. The prices in October are much better than dring Spring Break.

I'm contemplating a 7 night next March for the Prince's birthday if I can figure out when his SPring Break from school will be.

The Gluttons make their way to the Walt Disney Theater, passing some NICE onboard stores and Shutters along the way.

I resisted the overwhelming impulse to shop until I dropped.....for the time being and headed into the Theater to see Hercules the MUSEcal:
WaltDTheatre.jpg

We took four seats immediately off the aisle near the rear of the theater. Except for one seat between the Gluttons and the family farther center in our row, all the seats were taken. That is, until the toddler girl dressed in a yellow Belle gown soiled her pants. How do I know she soiled her pants? Well, the aroma, and, her mother had a mini meltdown right in public. The toddler, her parents, and her siblings all decided not to stay for the show. The rest of the Gluttons and I stood to allow them to pass by, and took our seats again.

A few minutes passed and a couple took the seats directly behind us. The woman remarked to her companion that she could not believe that we didn't move to wards the center of the row. Nice. I started to turn around to wards them, but the very green Chief tugged on my sleeve and looked into my eyes beseechingly. OK, I restrained myself, but I didn't want to.

The show was terrific! (No, I did not use flash!)
Sorry for the blur, DH was swaying with the motion of the ocean and kept bumping into me as I was snapping pics.
P2280031-1.jpg

P2280032-1.jpg

P2280030-1-1.jpg

P2280029-1.jpg

P2280027-1.jpg

P2280028-1.jpg

Fantastic show! I cried, I laughed, and I reminisced back to the days when the Prince was but a scrap of a boy and loved that movie. I recalled moments when he'd act out various scenes as Hercules battling the Titans. During the show, both the Prince and the Princess sang along to the songs. Oh the memories that show evoked!

The chief begged to go to bed. The seasickness was really getting the best of him. The kids wanted the Club, so DH and I parted ways. I brought the kids to the Oceaneer's Club, while DH went back tot he stateroom. I ventured over the Wave Bands and watched Match your Mate. Whoa! That was really risqué and really funny! The Entertainment director (I think that's his title), Ian, was so funny! He kept the crowd worked up into a frenzy. I sat at the bar, nursing my third Bahama Mama of the cruise (so far), watching the show by myself.

The bartender was a cutie from the United Kingdom (No, not Amanda, this one was a dude). He came over to me, took my hand, looked deep into my eyes, and said.....

Or did he?

What really happened?

He asked me if I wanted another Bahama Mama. I declined. It was bad enough to feel blue because the Chief was asleep and I was alone, but getting hammered wasn't going to make things better.

I confess, being alone during that sucked. I missed having a buddy with me to enjoy the evening. I wandered over to the Cadillac Lounge and listened to an amazing performer playing the piano and singing. CMs manning a table just outside the lounge had a GREAT spread of canapés to select from. The little ones with the whole shrimp on top? Incredible!

I wandered through the shops, window shopping, walked a bit on Deck 4, checked out the Cove Café up on Deck 9, and generally just tried to familiarize myself with the ship a bit.

At 11:30, I checked the kids out of the Lab, went back to the stateroom to change into sweats, and we went to the Buena Vista Theater to watch Wild Hogs. What a really funny movie! It was after 2 AM when we made our way back to the stateroom. Time for bed? No, not yet! DH was out cold in bed. DS called room service and ordered cookies and milk. We went out on the verandah and stared into the blackness of the ocean. Very soothing. Within a few minutes, there was a knock at the door. It was room service with our order. I quickly filed out a tag with a room service order to be delivered at 7am and handed it to the room service CM with my tip.

The kids chowed down on warm cookies and milk. We had our first towel animal there in the stateroom, a swan, as well as some REALLY delicious gold foil wrapped chocolate mints.

Instead of a bed folding down from the wall above the sofa, there was a Murphy bed over by the verandah door. Ronald had made that bed up, turned all the sheets down, laid out chocolates on everyone's pillow, and placed the beautiful swan on the coffee table.

It was 3:30 am before the remaining Gluttons lay their heads down to sleep. It was a full day, a great day, a memorable day.

I want Ronald to move to the boonies and live with us. I want my covers turned down and mints on my pillow every night.

Ronald, we will never forget you!

13. The shows are not to be missed!
14. Terrific shopping on board
15. Make friends with other cruise mates before you cruise. You never know if one of your party will feel poorly and need to remain in the stateroom. Wandering around that ship without someone to share your excitement can get pretty lonely.
16. Ask for Ronald. He is the BEST!:cloud9:

Up next: Who is tossing their cookies? And why?:confused:

subscribing

Love your TR. We, the Snork Family, will be First Timers October 2008. Like Indy, it appears we have chosen wisely. Keep the great tips comin' our way. We can't wait to do us some awsome snorkin' TWICE at CC.

subscribing

Love your TR. We, the Snork Family, will be First Timers October 2008. Like Indy, it appears we have chosen wisely. Keep the great tips comin' our way. We can't wait to do us some awsome snorkin' TWICE at CC.

barndweller- Hi there! So nice to meet you! I didn't think snnorkeling at CC could remotely touch the snorkeling we did in Hawaii in Sept/Oct 2006, but it definitely surpassed that experience.

We brought our own snorkeling gear, but the CC lifeguards made us don their snorkeling vests.

We definitely have to set us a DIS meet or our cruise! Margarita tastings? Wine tastings? Martini tastings?

I didn't do anything like that for this trip as I was worried my children wouldn't feel comfortable going to the Oceaneer's Lab. I was so wrong! They still say they regret not spending more time there! Ha!

Next cruise, I'll make sure they get more time in the Lab. I can just fill my time up with other activities while they are away.:rolleyes1

The Gluttons do Nassau.....or do they?

Not only had I ordered room service for the morning, but I also put in for a wake up call for 0630. Three hours of sleep after a marathon day before and a sick husband? When the phone rang, I lifted the hand piece and set it right back down again. Sorry Mickey. Yes, I hung up on you.

I was just drifting off again when I heard pounding. I put the pillow over my head, but the pounding continued.

I sat up and glared over to wards the mini Gluttons, assuming they were the source of noise.

They were out cold, zonked, comatose, off in Neverland. DH was out cold too. You know, he'd been asleep quite a while. I peeked on the nightstand for a mirror and didn't find one. I tried to sneak my hand onto his chest to feel his heartbeat, but couldn't. So I did the only thing an Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified Registered Nurse would do.....

I pinched his nose shut and held my hand over his mouth.

The pounding happened again while I was suffocating the Chief. Oh! It was someone at the door!

Room service!

The chief slapped my hands away, gasping for air like the shark BigBen caught at Castaway Cay and said "Get the door!:.

I hopped out of bed and ran to the door, flinging it open.

Oh, I have a t shirt on and underwear. There's a strange, tired, sweaty man in the doorway with a huge tray on his shoulder. Instead of screaming in terror at the sight of my elephant trunk legs, he rolled his eyes (just a hint), strolled into the stateroom and looked for somewhere to set the tray down. I cleared the coffee table with one sweeping motion of my arm, of course revealing even more of my elephant trunk legs and my underwear to this poor man in the process of doing so.

By announcing on this trip report the sad state of my lower extremities, I've probably induced terrible flashbacks for my fellow cruisers who will now, of course, remember bearing witness to a woman on the cruise with the scariest legs known to man. Why bother posting a picture here? My cruise buddies from the March 1st Wonder will surely faint dead away when they remember that they witness Mrs Glutton IN a bathing suit not only on board, but at CC as well.

Well, since the sight of my thighs did likely kill off some appetites at Cookie's BBQ, you can at least thank me for saving you from gaining weight on the cruise.

Back to room service.

Luckily, the night before, I did have the foresight to lay a few George Washingtons on the nightstand for tipping.

I grabbed them and had to step out into the hall to catch the poor room service CM who was attempting to escape the horror of Mrs Glutton's nekkid thighs.

You do know where this is going, right?

Oh course you do!!

The room service CM grabs the cash and sprints off, leaving Mrs. Glutton in the hallway in her t shirt and underwear, in front of her closed stateroom door.

It's 7 am and I'm half nekkid on a Disney Cruise ship, trapped in the hallway.

I press the "doorbell" which is actually more of a buzzer.No one comes to the door.

I really want to just cry at this stage of the game, but given the early hour, no one else was in the hallway.

I began banging on the door.

Finally, the Chief came to the door and let me back in.

17. Sleep with your Key To The World card around your neck. When DCL says to keep it with you at all times, they REALLY mean it! See?? Proof!

I carried the tray out to the verandah and set it on the larger table out there. As I slid the tray onto the table, I stepped into something squishy. A little cool, but definitely moist, with a soft clay like consistency. I immediately assumed it was seagull poop, or, worse pelican poop!

Remember the verandah? :dance3:
P2280039.jpg

Ick!

I looked down and discovered I'd stepped into a chocolate chip cookie.

I craned my neck back, looking straight up, and realized that I could see the balcony of Topsiders.

Someone tossed their cookie off the balcony up on Deck 9 and it landed on our verandah. Ick!

I cleaned off my feet, pulled some shorts on, and went back out onto the verandah.

DH and I sipped coffee, nibbled fruit, and watched the Wonder pull into Nassau.

The kids? They were still out cold, schmaltz-ed, oblivious!

We were in a foreign country! Cool!
Some views from our verandah of Nassau!!

P3010011.jpg

P3010012.jpg

P3010013.jpg

We finished the coffee (DCL has STRONG coffee, just a heads up), dressed, and began rousing the kiddos from their slumber.

After the kids were dressed, I quickly went about the stateroom trying to straighten it up a bit so Ronald wouldn't bear witness to how sloppy the Gluttons are.

I thought I had gathered all of the dirty clothing and put them in the hamper in the closet. I'd later find out I missed something!

We'd promised Salomie and Tomas that we'd have breakfast in Triton's in the morning and a grand breakfast the Gluttons did have! Mmmm!

Sure makes my morning oatmeal seem boring looking at these pictures! (I had the eggs Benedict I did!)
P3010003.jpg

the Princess had waffles
P3010002.jpg

DH and DS loaded up!
P3010001.jpg

P3010004.jpg

P3010005.jpg

Stuffed to the gills, we grabbed our Keys to the World cards, passports, and cash, and headed off the ship to go shopping in Nassau.

If I had to do it all over again? I would have booked an excursion in Nassau. The area directly off the ship is set up like a mall. There are literally hundreds of people there trying to sell you something. Between very aggressive taxi drivers, hair braiders, tour guides, shop keepers, and panhandlers, we were just overwhelmed, stressed, out, and disappointed.

We did make it to the Del Sol store and purchased souvenirs for family and friends. The young men working in that store were polite, helpful, cheerful, and very generous. Thanks so much for creating a bright spot in our day fellows! You rock!

After some stressful jewelry shopping (we didn't buy), and an aborted attempt to go buy rum cake at the Tortuga Rum Factory store, we headed back on ship.

So we could have planned that better!

We changed into our swimsuits and went for a dip in the Goofy pool. It was jam packed! High School Musical was playing on the Dumbotron. We had the famous chicken tenders from Pluto's, burgers and fries, and some fruit, wraps, sandwiches, and salad from Goofy's. The kids, of course, had to load up on ice cream.

We watched a chef create the most amazing ice sculpture on deck. Then DS saw this:
DSC00021.jpg

the money pit!

18. Stay away from the arcade!

Next up: Well, now you've really done it, haven't you?:rolleyes:

Your trip report is so much fun - I'm having a blast reading it and it's really getting me psyched for our 3 nite wonder trip in April - it's the first cruise for our family - seeing the pictures of your deck makes me wish I spent the extra money for one of those rooms - maybe next time!

Love your report!

Who delivered your sand bucket gift?

Your trip report is so much fun - I'm having a blast reading it and it's really getting me psyched for our 3 nite wonder trip in April - it's the first cruise for our family - seeing the pictures of your deck makes me wish I spent the extra money for one of those rooms - maybe next time!

vermonter6- Hello! Thanks!

I really think a Disney Cruise would be a blast even without a view of the ocean from your stateroom.

You can get a terrific view of the ocean, with some shelter, on Deck 4, or see it from up on Deck 9.

Having it off the stateroom just made it easier for us to be a bit lazy in the morning.

DS HAD to go burn some money at QuarterMasters. We went in and attempted to purchase $10 worth of play through the machines they had inside. I tried twice, receiving an error message each time.

I went over to the Cove Café and told the Barrista about the trouble. He called someone on the phone and instructed me to go meet them in QuarterMasters.

When I returned to the arcade, Jerome was there from Guest Services. he squeezed himself behind a machine and unplugged the errant card machine. He gave DS a $10 play card for his troubles! Wow!

DH had a terrific time with that!

Later I'd find the two $10 attempts on my account statement. Guest Services was wonderful about crediting my account for those.

After allowing DS about an hour in the arcade, we finally strong armed him back to the stateroom. It was Pirate Night! We were one of the few families that actually wore whole pirate costumes in celebration. As we walked from our stateroom to Triton's we were stopped several times by guests and CMs asking us about our costumes.

Salomie and Tomas were in rare form. Tomas had several magic tricks for the kids including turning a glass of milk upside down onto a doily without spilling it. Cool!

Of course we ate. We couldn't decide on a dessert, so Salomie brought out one of each! LOL
4 Cheese Rigatoni
P3010021.jpg

DD's meatloaf
P3010020.jpg

Incredible Halibut
P3010019.jpg

Really good smothered scallops and mushrooms beneath mashed potatoes (very good!)
P3010018.jpg

Then dessert, which we all split (the creme brulee was the BEST)
P3010022.jpg

P3010023.jpg

P3010024.jpg

P3010025.jpg

P3010026.jpg

and a later shot of the creme brulee (off a different camera)
P3039876.jpg

We were stuffed! Maybe Disney could purchase a bunch of hand trucks to wheel their overstuffed passengers around the ship after meals. Too much food!

19. Be prepared. The amount of food choices on the cruise is mind boggling.

While the food was terrific, the thought of eating it right now makes me just a bit queasy.

Tonight was The Golden Mickeys!

The hallway by the shops leading to the Walt Disney Theater
HallwayGM.jpg

and the show!
ToyStoryGM.jpg

GoldenM.jpg

GMFinale.jpg

Terrific show! Wow Wow Wow!

All included with the price of admission to boot!

Or was it?

Did we have to sell the kids into indentured servitude to afford this? How do you think Disney scrubs the barnacles off the hull? That's how!

Or is it?

Did you believe it?

Fess up! You did didn't you?

Actually, no. But I was beginning to feel like I should have paid a LOT more for this cruise than I did. Coming from an admitted cheapskate, I began to feel bad for the CMs whose salaries certainly weren't being supplemented much by what I'd gotten this cruise for.

20. There are real bargains to be had booking Disney cruises especially military or Florida resident rates. By going on the cruise, I realized that the prices Disney asks for their cruises might not be as out of this world as I initially thought. You really get so much for your money!

Next up? Yo ho Yo ho a Disney Life for me.....pirate:

I love your report. I wait everyday for it!!! I have been on 2 cruises and we will be on the Wonder 13 May!!!! I became addicted to cruising.
Thanks so much for making my day!

I can't believe how I keep logging in and hoping against hope that you will have posted another chapter and voila there it is!!!!! I am going to have withdrawal when you are done. Why oh why couldn't you have gone a a 7 night!! You cheapskate;) :lmao:

Suzanne

My husband and I are having a ball reading your trip report! You really have a way with words! We are planning a trip in May 2008 for a Land/Sea package. First time on a cruise! Reading this is getting me, DH, and DS (12) excited about going! Keep up the good work!

ohh sounds like u guys had a fantastic time. Im not really looking forward to Nassau but I really cant wait to go to CC! Cant wait to read all about your experience there. ohh and i love the pictures from the golden mickeys show. Minnie and Mickey look so cute in their Woody costumes! :goodvibes

I love your report. I wait everyday for it!!! I have been on 2 cruises and we will be on the Wonder 13 May!!!! I became addicted to cruising.
Thanks so much for making my day!

Skyw- May 13th?? I wanna go too!

I'm determined to have this finished before Easter. I can do it, right??

I can't believe how I keep logging in and hoping against hope that you will have posted another chapter and voila there it is!!!!! I am going to have withdrawal when you are done. Why oh why couldn't you have gone a a 7 night!! You cheapskate;) :lmao:

Suzanne

suzannef- I agree! I should have done a 7 night. I told DH that a three night would be over too soon. He thought the three night was a good test cruise.

He's regretting it too now.

Thanks for reading and posting! When readers post, it really spurs me to keep going.

My husband and I are having a ball reading your trip report! You really have a way with words! We are planning a trip in May 2008 for a Land/Sea package. First time on a cruise! Reading this is getting me, DH, and DS (12) excited about going! Keep up the good work!

Mousermom- Nnnooo! You don't want to go in May. Go in October 2008! My DS will be 12 then too! That gives your son an extra 5 months to save money for QuarterMasters! LOLOL
Thanks for reading! It really means a lot!

ohh sounds like u guys had a fantastic time. Im not really looking forward to Nassau but I really cant wait to go to CC! Cant wait to read all about your experience there. ohh and i love the pictures from the golden mickeys show. Minnie and Mickey look so cute in their Woody costumes! :goodvibes

tinkerbell87512- Before the cruise, I didn't put much thought into the shows. They were a delightful surprise and we are very happy we went to see those fantastic shows.

Castaway Cay alone is reason enough to go on a Disney Cruise. I wish DVC would build villas there over the water (like you see in Fiji) where members could go stay for a week at a time.

Ooohhh or for the Disney Dream Team to give away a week's stay at Castaway Cay!!! Could you just imagine???

If we ever do a cruise to Nassau again, we'll either book an excursion or enjoy staying on the ship. Being pestered like we were was such a drag.

The Gluttons were really looking forward to Pirate Night. After seeing the terrific Pirate Night costumes other cruisers wore and posted pics of, we were expecting everyone to be dressed up. They sure sure! Everywhere we looked we saw pirates, wenches, parrots, and buccaneers.

Or did we?

Nope! Very few people were dressed up beyond the free pirate bandannas handed out at dinner. There were Cast Members dressed as pirates though! Even Brent was dressed up, Ian as well, with feather adorned hats to boot.

We stopped in the atrium and had pictures taken. In exchange for sewing some really cool pirate costumes, my mother asked for a professional pic of the four of us in our pirate gear. We didn't disappoint! The pictures were terrific!

The Chief, the Prince, the Princess, and I went up to Deck 9 for the Pirates in the Caribbean party that was just getting started. We maneuvered our way onto the deck covering the Goofy pool and began to dance. Well, except for the Prince. I could tell his burgeoning puberty was interfering with his ability to shake loose. So the Prince and I left the Chief and the Princess dancing to grab a soda from he drink station and a slice of pizza. Welcome to DS's first taste of ham and pineapple pizza. Now he's hooked!

It's a good thing we're moving this summer as DS's football coach did not want his players eating pizza! LOL

Maybe his new coach will OK it?

I told DS that I was having the time of my life and really wanted to remember this night with memories of dancing with my son who was turning into a man right before my very eyes.

The Prince said "Happy Birthday Mom, let's dance".

We hit the dance floor as Cast Members were leading us through several dance moves. DS, DD, and the Chief also had light up swords which they used to "sword fight" while dancing.

My costume was so warm! Within an hour I was soaked with sweat from head to toe.

I also left my camera in the room. So, no pics of the Pirates in the Caribbean Party from the Gluttons. I'll get some on the next cruise.

We knew the party was reaching its peak, so we rushed upstairs to Deck 10 for a good spot. Captain Mickey appeared to save the ship from the clutches of Captain Hook and the fireworks lit up the night sky.

The Chief stood with his arms around me and thanked me for the cruise. I told him I would never forget this night, in the special place with my incredible family.

We headed back down to Deck 9 after the fireworks and grabbed some dessert from the HUGE buffet. The kids wanted to go to the Oceaneer's Lab, so we brought them there and headed to our stateroom.

DH and I changed into comfortable clothes and headed to WaveBands. It was Karaoke Night and some very adventurous people were singing their hearts out. At one point, a man sang Billy Joel's the Piano Man which caused a large group of people to encircle him onstage and sway to the music. DH and I were part of that group.

Shortly thereafter, DH and I retrieved the kids from the club and headed to the stateroom.

DD grabbed the phone and ordered room service. Ronald had left an elephant on the bed with DH's sunglasses and sprinkling doubloons all over the beds. Have I mentioned how terrific Ronald is?

He even found DD's errant pair of underwear under her Murphy bed, placed them in the hamper, and left me a note about it! LOLOL:rotfl:

Poor Ronald!

I wonder if he's married?

Or willing to get married?

I wonder if he does dishes?

Windows?

OK, he really isn't my type.

and there's the Chief.:love:

But I still love him! What a guy!

21. Please, please! At least pick up your underwear in your stateroom! While I'm sure those stateroom hosts have seen everything, do they need that too?

22. Bring your camera to the Pirate Party

23. Dress up for the Pirate Party! The Cast Members really appreciate the spirit it shows!

Up next! Party on, dude!:thumbsup2

Your story is keeping my husband on his computer all day and all night.....he's constantly checking for the next part of your story! He's addicted! You make him laugh out loud while reading! Keep it coming!
We are looking forward to our cruise on May 5th.
The Dworzak Family....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter