What Happens on a Disney Cruise, Stays on a Disney Cruise? Right? Complete! 4/3/07!

I think that you are my long lost separated twin, I could have written part of your trip report, I also got a number 2 and was dancing away.....
My DH thought I was nuts, and my kids pretending they did not know me, I feel the same way about vacation, some places I want to go to, and where do we end up every Summer Fort Wilderness.

christinou I've been the vacationer in the family since our inception, much to the Chief's dismay. Over the years, when work would be really ahrd, and I'd so desperately want to cut back on hours, the dream of family vacations always lulled me enough to suck it up and go on.

We're purchasing DVC, this trip was a bit of an exploration of the resorts too so we could see the different reosrts and figure out which one fit us the best.

DH loved OKW, and I'm a sucker for them all (and DCL), so OKW it will be.

Well, I just made it through all 6 of the Harry Potter books back to back and I need some intense reading... so be as long winded as you'd like!!!

Tink rules Ooohhhh you're gearing up for the release of the latest one, aren't you?

I always reread all of the Harry Potter books just before the latest one comes out too. Gotta keep it fresh!

Tink rules Ooohhhh you're gearing up for the release of the latest one, aren't you?

I always reread all of the Harry Potter books just before the latest one comes out too. Gotta keep it fresh!

I'VE GOT TO KEEP UP WITH MY NIECES AND NEPHEWS!!! :lmao:

God forbid you get into a HP trivia fight with them!!!

I did pick up quite alot in rereading them. Wonder which side Snape is really on and who bites the big one in the next book!!!

It comes out right before my summer vacation so I'm all set - now if John Grisham would just go back to writing fiction...

Love your trip report so far...and you are now just getting to the actual cruise. I am getting so much info from you...we also do the timeshare presentations for nice little gifts. Of course the last one we went too, we ended up buying...so they got the gift of our money instead! Also learned a fellow diser lives in my town...I didn't think anyone else lived in Amherst,NH! Thanks so sharing and keep it going!:goodvibes

DisneyZell: Hi! Thanks for reading! Did you purchase DVC? That's what I'm looking into, but I want to purchase a resale and ease poor DH into it a bit slowly.

Then, when we retire, we can use loads of points, travel all over, then dump them on our kids when we croak.

That's my plan anyway.....:rolleyes1

christinou
We're purchasing DVC, this trip was a bit of an exploration of the resorts too so we could see the different reosrts and figure out which one fit us the best.

DH loved OKW, and I'm a sucker for them all (and DCL), so OKW it will be.

We are OKW owners...have been since 1997 and love it there the best....of course the newer resorts have the fancy pools and stores and such, but there is nothing better than sipping a drink, listening to Jimmy Buffet, and watching the golfers go by.

Cheryl

DisneyZell: Hi! Thanks for reading! Did you purchase DVC? That's what I'm looking into, but I want to purchase a resale and ease poor DH into it a bit slowly.

Then, when we retire, we can use loads of points, travel all over, then dump them on our kids when we croak.

That's my plan anyway.....:rolleyes1

We don't have DVC...we have Marriott. My parents got me sucked in with the whole leaving it to the kids after we all die too! Smart choice to buy a resale...we never really thought of that, but looking back, we really should have...maybe we could have afforded another Disney Cruise with the leftover money!:laughing: Looking forward to reading more of your report.

The Gluttons found out before departing the boonies that the March 1st sailing of the Disney Wonder was completely sold out. That said, a full ship gives you an idea of how packed that terminal was when it came time to board.

Sure, I held a coveted Number 2 boarding pass, but I wanted to be as close to the front of the pack of other Number 2s as I could be. Why? Because I am a competitive, keep up with the Jones, bitter, hateful wench.

Or was I?:confused3

Was that why?:idea: :confused:

OK, I'd like to mention that I sincerely hope the wad of colorful adjectives I tossed in an above paragraph don't REALLY describe me (except the wench, I'm rather fond of that one) But I'll do that digressing thing here and move along.....

We squeezed in behind those suite passengers segregated in the concierge section. They announced boarding of the concierge and those needing special assistance, and then "Boarding Pass Number TWO"

We pressed forward, a scene reminiscent of 80's Duran Duran concerts. Someone could have been trampled.....but they wisely moved out of my way!

What came over me? I'm usually a kind old soul. But I wanted on that boat and I wanted on NOW.

I hurried.....but politely. :thumbsup2 and through the ears of Precious (Mickey :love: we went. As soon as we crossed the gangplank, a Cast Member greeted us and asked our name and if this was our first cruise with Disney.

cruiseshipentrance.jpg

I went blank. She asked again. What WAS my last name? Was this my first Disney cruise? Where was I? Who was that strange man in my bed? Where were my underwear? Wherever they were, I hope they were clean or my mother will have a fit! Where was I again? Oohhh! I was on a Disney Cruise! Focus! Focus!

The Chief stepped up to the plate, waved away the men in white coats and answered the sweet, patient CM's question.

I heard "Please help us welcome the Glutton Family on their first Disney Cruise" and I lost it. I blubbered, tore up, crawled into a fetal position right there in the atrium, my thumb in my mouth, and cried for my Momma.

Did I?

No, I did cry, but I was on a mission.....from DIS. No time to smell the atrium, OR the flowers, or cry for my Momma.

On through the Promenade Lounge where we met Amanda from the United Kingdom, who sold DH his souvenir tall beer glass full of brewsky and my first Bahama Mama of the cruise in a girly pink DCL collectible faux glass (plastic) glass. That was the fastest $22 I'd spent on two drinks in my life and I was still sober!

The Promenade Lounge:
Promenade-Lounge_06.jpg

We hurried up to Deck 9 (conveniently placed CMs along the way made sure everyone went to Deck 9 or Parrot Cat, no wandering around). We hurried through the buffet line and met a really cute CM from Wales (We have a Welsh dog, so we're particularly fond of Wales and Welsh things and people) who asked the Princess if he may have the honor of carrying her try. Sheesh! You know he didn't ask me. In fact, no one offered to carry my tray. I had to hold my Bagallini, Bahama Mama, digital camera, papers from the terminal, and fight off those particularly aggressive Florida Laughing gulls who wanted my shrimp in the worst very un Disney like way.

Just stop for a second. Breathe. Make this last just a bit longer.

What do those gulls laugh about all the time anyway?

On Deck 9, I wolfed that food down so fast, I couldn't even tell you if I liked it, if it tasted good, and what exactly I ate!

I had a family I needed to get over to the Mickey Pool and that could not wait!

See, I wanted them over there before it was full of full Pull Ups so the kiddos could hit the slide a couple of times while the water was only semi disgusting.

So we did. We ran over to the Mickey Pool. I got DH settled on a chaise with his beer, the kids stripped nekkid (no, not really) to their bathing suits, and into the pool they went.
P2280031.jpg

Off I RAN to WaveBands after dropping off at Guest Services all those Disney Dollars and gift cards I'd been hoarding for the past 6 months:
E_Route66_WaveBands_02.jpg

I arrived at WaveBands to find on another woman standing right in front of the door. I checked my cell phone and found it was only 12:45. During the next ten minutes, there were at least thirty people in line behind me. A CM opened the doors and let us in. The woman in front of me switched her late dining to early dining. I was there to do the same. The CM told me that the woman in front of me took the last available early dining slot. Rats! But I was the first name on the waiting list! I confirmed our Palo reservations and went to leave.

In front of those people the CM said "Ma'am (see? they call old ladies Ma'am in stead of Princess)?? It says here you are allergic to nuts. Is this true?"

Well, that was embarrassing! I almost said something very dirty about "NUTS" but I refrained and quietly said "Just walnuts, thanks"

and left!

I found DH dozing on the chaise lounge, the kids doing the slide repeatedly. In the 25 minutes since I left, this place filled right up! Wow!

We gathered our things, walked a bit around Deck 9 (gotta check out the other pools) before heading off to our stateroom.

Remember us? I waited until the last minute to book the least expensive cabin I could, ended up with a category 9 GTY and was upgraded to a category 5?

9. Not happy with the time of your dinner seating (the early seating usually sells out first)? Be at Wave Bands before 1pm on the first day to change it. If you aren't there when the doors open, you probably won't get to switch.

10. The Mickey Pool gets busy.....FAST....and so dirty too! While it looks like they clean it daily, it overflows with bodies. Get there early to get your swim in. Otherwise forget finding a chair and expect long lines for the slide.

We were gonna see our stateroom!:woohoo:

I'VE GOT TO KEEP UP WITH MY NIECES AND NEPHEWS!!! :lmao:

God forbid you get into a HP trivia fight with them!!!

I did pick up quite alot in rereading them. Wonder which side Snape is really on and who bites the big one in the next book!!!

It comes out right before my summer vacation so I'm all set - now if John Grisham would just go back to writing fiction...

Tink rules- I think we should start a letter writing campaign asking John Grisham to go back to fiction. I miss him too!

I used to read the HP book was current at the time to my kids at bedtime. DH swears that's why they are so fearless. He thinks I scared them well and scared them early in life with those books. LOL

Whenever I see a kiddy pool, I think, they are all peeing in the pool. I just know it!!! Gross but I will be in there with my son in May.

We are OKW owners...have been since 1997 and love it there the best....of course the newer resorts have the fancy pools and stores and such, but there is nothing better than sipping a drink, listening to Jimmy Buffet, and watching the golfers go by.

Cheryl

chepic- Oohhh! You do?? I might have to pick your brain a bit. I liked that OKW was the first DVC. Dh loved that it was right on the golf course. We had lunch on the dock by the boats and met the friendliest birds. What a gorgeous place!

We don't have DVC...we have Marriott. My parents got me sucked in with the whole leaving it to the kids after we all die too! Smart choice to buy a resale...we never really thought of that, but looking back, we really should have...maybe we could have afforded another Disney Cruise with the leftover money!:laughing: Looking forward to reading more of your report.

DisneyZell- My outlaws worked on DH and I to buy RCI (which they own a timeshare through).DH and I really considered it until we stayed in an RCI "resort" in Kauai in the Fall of 2006 with them. The place was run down, a bit unkempt, and a little filthy.

We looked at Marriot when we were in Oahu, going to a timeshare presentation at Ko Olina Resort. Beautiful place, but I'm not spending $47,000 for one week every year.

I just couldn't! Then, figuring in airfare too?

Whenever I see a kiddy pool, I think, they are all peeing in the pool. I just know it!!! Gross but I will be in there with my son in May.

Skyw I think about it too, but not pee.....:scared1:

Oh the horror!

Ever see that poster with the creature from the black lagoon coming out of the water that says "Alright, who Peed in the water?"

I love that poster! :rotfl:

I think that you are my long lost separated twin, I could have written part of your trip report, I also got a number 2 and was dancing away.....
My DH thought I was nuts, and my kids pretending they did not know me, I feel the same way about vacation, some places I want to go to, and where do we end up every Summer Fort Wilderness.

If you like reading about people's travels all over the world. I've been reading about this couple that took a whole year off to travel the world. You may have to register (it is free), but here is their website:

http://www.travelpod.com/members/globedecker

They post pics of their journey too! 40 countires in 13 months. Really detailed stuff too!

I am living vicariously through them. I wanna go do that so bad!

The Chief, the Prince, the Princess, and I could be like the Wild Thornberry's:grouphug:

Ok... I've got to ask... and don't get mad... I say this with the best possible intentions...;)

DID YOU TAKE ANY PICTURES OF THE GLUTTONS??????? :grouphug:

You know...you guys... on the ship...drinking lovingly...pummeling the woman in front of you for the dining time???

& don't tell me you're shy!!! :blush:

I'm off to see some theater...you've got a couple more hours... I need some good reading before bed!!! :cool1:

Ohhhh Im so excited! Seriously I cant wait to check your report everyday to see if you have written a new instalment. Patiently waiting more...cant wait to hear about your stateroom! :banana:

Ok... I've got to ask... and don't get mad... I say this with the best possible intentions...;)

DID YOU TAKE ANY PICTURES OF THE GLUTTONS??????? :grouphug:

You know...you guys... on the ship...drinking lovingly...pummeling the woman in front of you for the dining time???

& don't tell me you're shy!!! :blush:

I'm off to see some theater...you've got a couple more hours... I need some good reading before bed!!! :cool1:

Tink rules I surely DID take pics of the Gluttons, but the police confiscated the digital camera bearing our faces when they removed the body.....

Ohhhh Im so excited! Seriously I cant wait to check your report everyday to see if you have written a new instalment. Patiently waiting more...cant wait to hear about your stateroom! :banana:

tinkerbell87512- I hope you have plenty of time. I'm still on March 1st. We didn't get home until March 12th!!!

Oh, BTW, what boarding pass did you get?

I can hardly wait for the next installment of your TR...where you see the CM's waiving goodbye with those BIG Mickey hands...minus the latex gloves. (One of DW's OB's was known as Dr. "Big Hands" Smith. His nurse said he had "catcher's mitts. Ok, somewhat off topic. It goes back to page 2).

The Gluttons knew exactly where there much anticipated stateroom was located on the ship. See, since they discovered their room number, they'd spent numerous hours staring at its location on a ship diagram before they even left the wilderness.

They found the aft elevator, knocked some kids out of the way, and hopped in.

No, we didn't really knock any kids around that day.:lmao:

But we might have some other day.

Or might some day to come in the future.

You just never know. You can take the girl out of the wilderness, but get the wilderness out of the girl? Do bears go in the woods? If a man says something while alone in the woods, is he still wrong? Are my roots showing? My gray roots? Talk amongst yourselves. :confused:

Anyway, The elevator begins its descent and stops. The doors open on Deck 8. A woman with a kindly faces peeks in and asks "Is this car going up?"

Uhm no.

One more floor down and people waiting for the elevator begin entering the elevator before we can depart. I let them do it, held the door open button until they were finished, then told the Chief and the kids to go ahead and get off.

Awkward silence.:rolleyes1 and then I get off too.

The doors close. The kids run one way, the Chief and I the other. The Chief and I ran the wrong way. Before we know it, we hear the kids whooping and hollering (like good kids who grow up feral in the wilderness tend to do ya know). We ran to catch up. They are knocking each other down trying to jam their Keys To The World cards into the lock assembly. The Chief separates them and pronounces "Let your Mom go first".

Ooohhhh! He did! They did! Ready for a tour?:yay:

key chamber music now::woohoo:

P2280052.jpg

P2280051.jpg

We open the door (See the gift basket on the sofa?):

P2280050.jpg

Gift basket 30 seconds later(It was a big sand pail with toys and snacks):
P2280040.jpg

Flowers DH had sent to me (Aaawww, I need a hankie, want one too? I'm getting all verklempt here):
P2280054.jpg

also (notice the kids HAD to turn the tv on right away?):
P2280041.jpg

the BIG walk in closet:
P2280042-1.jpg

bathroom (taken later on in the afternoon)
P2280046.jpg

and:
P2280049.jpg

Infamous Suck-o-matic:
P2280048.jpg

Out on verandah:
P2280039.jpg

Over the wall of the verandah(Deck 7 little used lounge chairs):
P2280037.jpg

Another angle:
P2280038.jpg

I decided then and their that I loved Ronald, although I had yet to meet him. The Ronald I'm referring to does not where whiteface and big red shoes, selling sweaty burgers.

I'm talking about Ronald our stateroom host. I also decided that I loved Disney. Also that I would be doing this again and booking cabins with verandahs even if it meant I'd be clipping coupons in my nursing home bed.

And I was wishing desperately that we could have this cabin on a 7 night or longer cruise. I was determined to work the Chief over for the 14 night transatlantic in May 2007.

OK, I wanted to move in, have the dog sent to the ship and just never leave. Can we do that?

11. You can have gifts sent to your stateroom. NICE gifts!

Up next:

Getting down and comfy. And safety isn't just bright orange, its black and white.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter