What is VMK Pal?

hi Carioca

you web address is in this post as well as in the players Guide stuck at the top of the forum.

Welcome to the DIS.

Welcome to the DIS Carioca.

I use VMK Pal. It's easier tahn logging on and going to the VMK homepage, yes I'm lazy. :teeth:

I like the program, it helps take screen shots much better. :)

OMG! This is the best thing next to VMK itself! You can log into VMK automaticaly, take instant screenshots, see the official VMK time, store codes, and more!

Click below to download!
VMK Pal

This software is FREE, and contains no spyware or viruses.

Please post your thoughts! :teeth:

You know how you have to type in your user name and password every time you log in? With this program, you can play vmk just by clicking on your charcters name and play. Also, you can push a button and a screenshot will automaticaly store that shot that you took. You can even store codes that you retrive and store them in the program. It's kinda hard to explain. You have to download and try it for yourself.

It is guarenteed safe and contains no spyware or viruses; it will not harm your computer in any way.

It is here to provide an easy way to access and play VMK.

Hope this helps!! :teeth:

Ok first off, try using Mozilla as a broswer; you can chose to save user name and passwords on vmk and many other websites. Secondly, you have a 'print screen' button right on your keyboard that will do just the same as that program.

Personally, I think it's just a waste of my storage space. But if you like it, then more power to 'ya! :thumbsup2

I downloaded it for the reason the author created it... for my kids- makes it really easy for my daughter to access vmk without fear of mispelled login or mistyped codes-

Sure my IE and Firefox will save my passwords- but I've also noticed that sometimes they won't come up and other times they come up wrong...

This just makes one more convenience- and best yet- I can make the frame whatever color I want- mine is orange :)

But like others have said - don't use it if you don't want to or don't trust it- I like the convenience- especiallywhen I Want to trade with mules- I'll log my main into the regular route and can quickly log in and out of mule accounts in VMKPAl... makes it all the easier- I don't have all the passwords saved- just the ones I use actively but so far so good

What are you exactly saving your password and login name to? Is it just the computer or can the program send out that info accidently at any time?

I have been using Vmk Pal for about 2 months.I like the easy way to take pics.I also like the display of VMK time.Haha,even the customizable color is awesome.

PirateDaisy said:
Ok first off, try using Mozilla as a broswer; you can chose to save user name and passwords on vmk and many other websites. Secondly, you have a 'print screen' button right on your keyboard that will do just the same as that program.

Personally, I think it's just a waste of my storage space. But if you like it, then more power to 'ya! :thumbsup2
Well yes you can take pic with a keyboard but VMK Pal takes a pic only of the vmk screen.

I too was skeptical in the beginning. But a "computer geek" friend checked it out, and even spoke with Carioca regarding the programming of it.

I LOVE it! I don't have to remember (yes I too have the notebook, but it looks like the dog got at it, over time LOL) any of my ids/passwords.

As far as screen prints go, I am not well versed in even the basic Paint program so it was a "bit" of a challenge to work out cropping, while VMK Pal strips all the extra out, and the cropping, if you want to do any, is SO easy!!

I actually use the Code storage area to track my main, and mules current credit levels (again, don't have to go find that notebook).

It now has been enhanced to allow you to put in any links you may want, and you can get to them right from that framework, without having to open an new browser session and find your bookmark. (Personally, I only use it for Disney links, like the games, Narnia, Yeti Vision, Monsters door, etc.)

True, it has NO impact AT ALL on your DC chances. But, it is nice to not have to return to the logon page and start all over with id/password.

Another, for me, wonderful feature, not really promoted anywhere, is that when trading with one of my mules, I can (yes I am an old duck!) lose track of which is who's window. VMK Pal has your character's title in the system tray icon for your window! Very much a help! Yes, multiple sessions of VMK Pal are easy to do also.

Another nice enhancement (for ANYONE not living in the Pacific Time Zone) is it now has the "current VMK time" IN Pacific Time! So much easier than even having to bother to 'subtract/add' a few hours to get your own time zone for VMK events.

I have not had ANY issues with my system from downloading or using it. Obviously I am an avid fan of it, and thank you Carioca :thumbsup2 for offering it to the rest of us! But by all means, if you are hesitant, don't bother. But for someone like myself (and my DS uses it too), we happen to enjoy it very much, and I do promote it to anyone that has asked about it.

Okay, I'm a huge VMKPal fan. It's a wrapper program for VMK so you can (more) easily log in, take screenshots, and manage them. Now it has a nifty little link button, basically a favorites. When you enter your password for it to save, it does not send it elsewhere to be saved, it saves it onto your computer. Absolutely safe.

Heart it.
Here's a screenie - I have no idea how it would help, but hey!

untitled6uu.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the low quality, I promise it's not like that irl!

maliboomer said:
Heart it.
Here's a screenie - I have no idea how it would help, but hey!

untitled6uu.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the low quality, I promise it's not like that irl!

you seriously own all those files? i mean the different rides

LOL those are my mules. I started with Maliboomer and decided to follow the trend ;).
I'm moving onto The Golden State next.

Try it out i havent looked at all of it but it is really cool, only works for Windows though so i cant use it

There was a thread about this started I believe. I looked further into this program and beware that it is REALLY unsafe. Don't program your password in (that is a definate!!)

This program is a parasite and it can see everything you do in vmk. They can see what you have in your inventory, what your rooms look like and what you will or will not trade for certain items as they can see everything you do and say. The more you play on it, the more they can learn from you and essentially they can get into your account and take whatever they want.

This program will be unable to run on any computer with spyware protection.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I don't know, but I am just fine using the regular login vmk page. ;)

Holy, i was just about to download it. Thx so much for posting this!

Here is a copy of the questions page

What is VMK?
To quote the VMK web site:

Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (let's just call it VMK) is an online multi-player game. Where else can you experience the awesome magic of Disney Theme Parks from your own home? Nowhere, that's where. You get to create your own character and check out amazing lands, play action-packed games and even decorate your own personal room with cool virtual stuff. Plus, you can meet tons of other VMKers from around the world. Oh, and it's totally FREE, so you can log in and unleash the magic now!
For more information or to join VMK, please visit the official VMK web site.

How does VMK Pal work?
To put it simply, VMK Pal is a "wrapper" around Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser. In fact, the main area of the VMK Pal screen where you actually play VMK is Internet Explorer. All of VMK Pal's features are done by interacting with the web browser.

Will VMK Pal let me cheat in VMK?

No. To quote the VMK Values:

You Must NOT use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program with the game.
VMK Pal does not allow you to hack, script, or edit the VMK game. It does not give you an unfair advantage in games.

Is VMK Pal spyware or adware?
No. VMK Pal is not nor does it install any spyware or adware.

Is VMK Pal a scam that will steal my password or stuff?
Honestly, this is a valid concern and I am glad that people have been cautious enough to ask about it. VMK Pal does not steal your password, credits, codes, or anything else from you. I hate to say that you will just have to trust me on this but that is the only answer I have. You may want to look at the postings on VMK Forums of other people who have used it without any problems.

Also, VMK Pal does not require that you save any password information in it. You can create a character login without saving your password. When you login with that character, VMK Pal will take you to VMK's regular login screen.

But the bottom line is, please, if you are concerned or uncomfortable using VMK Pal, then please don't install it. It won't hurt my feelings, I promise :). You can play VMK just fine without it.

Why did you make VMK Pal?
I love the Disney theme parks and I love VMK. But I found myself wanting to do certain things like logging in automatically or taking pictures of the screen that I couldn't do with just a simple web browser. So, VMK Pal was born. I found it very useful for myself and decided to share it with my friends and fellow VMKers.

Is VMK Pal approved by Disney?
I am not affiliated with VMK or Disney. VMK has neither approved of or disapproved of VMK Pal. However, I have contacted them about it and let them know about it. I have done my best make VMK Pal adhere to the VMK Values.

Why can't I play VMK using VMK Pal?
If you are having problems playing VMK, please check to see if the problem is with your computer or VMK Pal. Try starting Internet Explorer and logging in to VMK Pal there. If it doesn't work on Internet Explorer, its not going to work on VMK Pal. You may want to check the offical VMK web site for help.

Will VMK Pal work on a Mac?
VMK Pal is a Windows program and will not run on a Mac. My expertise is in Windows programming so I myself can't make a Mac version. If someone out there wants to, I'm sure there are plenty of players who would be grateful..

Other Questions
If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Disclaimer: VMK Pal is not affiliated with nor endorsed by VMK or Disney. All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

Loves Disney said:
There was a thread about this started I believe. I looked further into this program and beware that it is REALLY unsafe. Don't program your password in (that is a definate!!)

This program is a parasite and it can see everything you do in vmk. They can see what you have in your inventory, what your rooms look like and what you will or will not trade for certain items as they can see everything you do and say. The more you play on it, the more they can learn from you and essentially they can get into your account and take whatever they want.

This program will be unable to run on any computer with spyware protection.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I don't know, but I am just fine using the regular login vmk page. ;)

Whoa Front! Don't know where you got your info, but it IS NOT a parasite, he CANNOT see what you are doing, it IS NOT unsafe, and I do have two excellent spyware and one anti-virus programs on my computer, and VMK Pal runs just perfectly!

I have had an IT Manager friend review the programming, before either of us downloaded it. Further this friend has been in contact with Carioca several times regarding the programming and a couple of bugs that had occurred.

I really don't know where you got all this from, but you have a bad source that gave you this info, my friend.
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter