What is VMK Pal?

Loves Disney said:
There was a thread about this started I believe. I looked further into this program and beware that it is REALLY unsafe. Don't program your password in (that is a definate!!)

This program is a parasite and it can see everything you do in vmk. They can see what you have in your inventory, what your rooms look like and what you will or will not trade for certain items as they can see everything you do and say. The more you play on it, the more they can learn from you and essentially they can get into your account and take whatever they want.

This program will be unable to run on any computer with spyware protection.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I don't know, but I am just fine using the regular login vmk page. ;)

that is a very strong accusation can you back it up with facts? I am not saying you are wrong or right but I think when you say something so definitely like you have you should back it up.

My spyware, firewall and antivirus had no problem with it. I did though it just quit working on my computer so I deleted/uninstalled it.

I am sorry. :blush: I should have backed up my information.

I got this info. from our spyware program. And it won't let VMKpal download on the computer because it says just that.

Just to be on the safe side, I am not going to install vmkpal. I know some of you have said it is safe, but as I am doubting it, I would rather not.

I am sorry if this information is false. I was just reporting what our program says and what a trustworthy person has told us. (who is also a computer genius! LOL) He looked into the program and discovered this information.

I understand what u mean but what i would do is not let it store my ccount info and not keep any of my codes in it just use it for screen shots and a few other things

well, VMK Pal violates the VMK scripting statement in the current newsletter just like ShortKeys does, but is that going to stop anyone from using it?

And for the record, I have never heard of a program that can read your mind. Which is what those statements pretty much claimed... remember, Bill Gates was going to give everyone a hundred bucks for forwarding a certain email too...

I dont use VMK Pal, well, because it just seems rather reedundant to me, I mean, Windows stores my passwords in an encrypted file and shortkeys does my codes so..... what is it for?

My main question (after reading thru this and other info) is, how much more pc resources would it use?

mtlhddoc2 said:
well, VMK Pal violates the VMK scripting statement in the current newsletter just like ShortKeys does, but is that going to stop anyone from using it?

And for the record, I have never heard of a program that can read your mind. Which is what those statements pretty much claimed... remember, Bill Gates was going to give everyone a hundred bucks for forwarding a certain email too...

I dont use VMK Pal, well, because it just seems rather reedundant to me, I mean, Windows stores my passwords in an encrypted file and shortkeys does my codes so..... what is it for?

VMK knows of VMK Pal, since it's "public release". They have not issued a statement saying it should not be used. Granted they have not endorsed it, but they have not banned it either.

As far as violating scripting. I admit I have no clue what all that really is, but again, they have not said you can't use it, so my take is, it must not be violating the scripting statement.

As far as it being redundant to you, well, as said above, I admit to not being computer savvy, so for me, your "redundancies" are my "ease of use for an end user". If you are interested in my "what is it for" answer, please see my post at the top of page 3. :)

Loves Disney said:
I am sorry. :blush: I should have backed up my information.

I got this info. from our spyware program. And it won't let VMKpal download on the computer because it says just that.

Just to be on the safe side, I am not going to install vmkpal. I know some of you have said it is safe, but as I am doubting it, I would rather not.

I am sorry if this information is false. I was just reporting what our program says and what a trustworthy person has told us. (who is also a computer genius! LOL) He looked into the program and discovered this information.

what spyware do you use?

Maleficent2 said:
what spyware do you use?

Mal, I had no idea there were different spywares lol so I honestly can't answer that. I am sorry I said anything! LOL Because I can't provide the best back up information :blush: .

no problem I was just wondering because I have 3 different ones and Firewall and Virus protection and nothing picked up VMK PAL. :)

Maleficent2 said:
no problem I was just wondering because I have 3 different ones and Firewall and Virus protection and nothing picked up VMK PAL. :)

My sister's computer is the only one with the spyware protection and so only she could not download the thing. It is fine if SHE can't download it, as long as the rest of us can! :rolleyes: LOL. :rolleyes1

PurpleDuck said:
VMK knows of VMK Pal, since it's "public release". They have not issued a statement saying it should not be used. Granted they have not endorsed it, but they have not banned it either.

As far as violating scripting. I admit I have no clue what all that really is, but again, they have not said you can't use it, so my take is, it must not be violating the scripting statement.

As far as it being redundant to you, well, as said above, I admit to not being computer savvy, so for me, your "redundancies" are my "ease of use for an end user". If you are interested in my "what is it for" answer, please see my post at the top of page 3. :)

To VMK, Scripting is anything written in any type of code which helps you perform rote tasks. So, just like ShortKeys, it is a "scripting program" if they lump ShortKeys in, which they did. They decided that "scripting" is basically any program of any sort. Technically shortKeys is a Windows Macro program, not to mention the fact that it was not written for VMK. VMK Pal also stores codes in a very similar way to shortkeys, so, they are the same in VMKs eyes, although VMK Pal is much deeper coded and is actually a browser addin written specifically to enhance your VMK. If VMK decides to hunt down people using shortkeys, then they should double their efforts against VMK Pal too, since it is a much deeper program. And was written for VMK specifically and not a general use program like ShortKeys.

i am actually quite annoyed at VMK for the whole scripting thing. They create a game specifically for children and then they make it so that my 8 year old cant say anything and if he screws up and says something wrong inadvertantly, he is banned for 10 years... it hasnt happened yet, but I bet it will. ShortKeys and other addons like VMK Pal help keep the children on track as much as they make things easier for adults. Plus the fact that people like myself who are dyslexic really need programs like these. I have the darnedest time actually typing the codes in because I always transpose half the letters. They really havent learned their lesson about disabilities in the past 30 years. They have been sued for wheelchair access, sued by the deaf for severely shortening the closed captions in movies, and sued by the blind for failure to accomodate them as well.. and all of the above is actally more than refusal to accomodate, it is down and out discrimination they have expressed towards those who are not in perfect health. in addition to my dyslexia I am legally deaf, they make things more and more difficult on us as time goes by, and not just Disney either, but Disney doesnt do us any favors. Closed captioning is still horrible, although better than it used to be. Now, I can hear, somewhat, so I can read and listen when the TV is turned up loud enough and really, I challenge anyone here to turn on the closed captioning and read along with some of your favorite shows. it is HORRENDOUS. Phrases like "as soon as we get home" become "soon" "it took a great deal of effort" becomes "it was hard" - how insulting is that....

Well, I've just briefly tried using the program. My computer doesn't like it. lol

It's making everything run really slow. So this is getting uninstalled.

mtlhddoc2: I've spent my entire life with deaf people (my older sister was born deaf). I know that captioning was really bad in years gone by. It has improved, but not too much with regular tv programming.
Luckily it has vastly improved with video/dvd releases.
Many times I will turn on the captioning while watching a movie, and unlike many people, it doesn't bother me. Which is why I'm able to watch silent movies and foreign films fairly easily. :)

But personally, I don't see where they are making things more difficult for deaf people. :confused3

cteddie - that was just an example of what Disney has done in the past, and gotten sued for. They have a very very poor track record with people with disabilities, despite what they say.

TV has actually gotten much better with CC, but not the news. I cannot even watch the news because of it. So much garbage in the CC box - entire lines of nothing but symbols and color changes. Live action sports too....

This is my screenshot of me using vmk pal
:
102ts29.jpg

I love how it now has a schedule! I can remember when Host games start now, lol.

yes!
they even have a timer! it tells you when vmk start, opens, when host games start, and when host games close! i love it! but now with me getting scared, i deleted my passwords on my characters (tell me if it is ok to put them back in, lol). but anyway, the icons at the top are:

snap shot
picture library
vmk calender
help talk
code manager
web links
and magnifier

I love the little text box on the bottom. When VMK baseball came out, I was in the first game!

I was in VMK_Red's room and a girl asked her "Do you use VMK Pal?" Red said No and that she does not recomend using it.

Why does she not recomend it? Is it bad or against vmk rules?

Tink Mick Koda Miles said:
wat is vmk pal?
http://www.vmkpal.com/

this is what it said:

Login to VMK with the click of a button
Securely store login information for each VMK Player
Take pictures of the VMK screen with the click of a button
Save, crop, and manage pictures which you've taken inside the game
Store and manage VMK virtual prize codes which you've earned through games and quests
Repeat helpful phrases with a keystroke
Magnify a portion of the screen
See the current time in VMK (Pacific Time)
Receive alerts for upcoming VMK events
Save and visit a list of your favorite VMK web sites

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter