What is your least favourite holiday?

I hate Christmas with a flaming passion. It’s like the worst of instagram for holidays. Its just anxiety and obligation.

I don't consider Valentine's Day a holiday since there is no associated day off but it is annoying all the same. As to work holidays, I would go with New Year's Day. Celebrating the arbitrary passage of time is one thing. Associating a date on a calendar with hope for life changes and better things to come is simply asinine.

Halloween. I've never liked it. I like the cute princesses and Power Rangers but really dislike all the ugliness.

Valentines day - I learned to hate it when I was working my way through college and witnessed the insanity of it all. People would wait, with sometimes first-ever dates, for up to 2 HOURS for a table in the restaurant I worked at. They would be understandably upset by the time they sat down. The date could not have ended well. Here's the crazy thing; it was the exact same restaurant with the exact same food on 2/13 and 2/15. There was no wait whatsoever on those days. Been married 23 years now, dated 5 years prior to that, and my wife knows I do not celebrate Valentines day. If she wants to do something special the day or the week before or after I am all about that though.

I hate going out to eat on holidays too. The food is overpriced and often subpar. Our family’s Valentine’s tradition is to make breakfast for dinner. We have special melamine dishes I got at a Target clearance sale and we have fun making a meal together.

I don't consider Valentine's Day a holiday since there is no associated day off but it is annoying all the same. As to work holidays, I would go with New Year's Day. Celebrating the arbitrary passage of time is one thing. Associating a date on a calendar with hope for life changes and better things to come is simply asinine.

Our family has a special New Year’s tradition. Instead of a resolution, we write on a piece of paper something we wish to leave behind in the previous year and we symbolically burn it.

Thanksgiving......too much work

This reminds me of a couple we met in the hot tub at Disney's HHI resort one Thanksgiving. She hated Thanksgiving. All the relatives came to her house and ate her food-not ONE person offered to help or bring things...that is, until the year we met them. They announced several months in advance that they were going away for the holiday. Yup, everyone was upset, "What are we going to do?" "Where are we going to go?" but the couple stood their ground. So, like us, they go to DHHIR every year, eat a precooked meal, wear jeans and either sit in the hot tub, or stay in their villa watching football (or something).

I'm not big into any holiday. But yes Valentine's Day is the WORST! I mean what other holiday makes singles feel so crappy?

The only holiday I hate, if it's even considered a holiday, is April Fool's Day. I hate pranks, and now not only do you have to deal with it in real life, but all day on the internet you have to dodge your way through prank news articles and other nonsense.

I don't dislike 4th of July, but it does make me nervous every year because I'm afraid of fires breaking out from all the stupid illegal fireworks my house gets surrounded by.

Man you guys are a sad lot. I love the fall and the trifecta of halloween/thanksgiving/christmas. And yes we host and cook everything and buy most of the gifts. Our kids are still very young so there is still a lot of joy in it all. Im sure as they get older that will fade though. I dread the thought of them being teenagers. :crazy2:

The only good thing about Thanksgiving is college football -- and turkey. (I hate all of the other traditional foods, but I love turkey, so in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving I buy about 4 of them to cut up and freeze, and I cook one for the holiday itself, which we now eat with normal vegetables, instead of all those awful casseroles.)

We are the last of the family left in this area, and our parents are gone, so we no longer have to entertain or do duty visits, so we sleep in, stick a bird in the oven later, and hang out doing stuff around the house and watching movies or football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter