What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I like A1 on a lousy steak - it covers up the lousiness. A good steak doesn't need it!

I recall as a very young teen in a very nice steakhouse, the waiter asking me if I needed A1 or other sauce for my steak. And my calmingly asking him if the chef thought the steak so poor would I NEED sauce? My dad was so proud, my mother was appalled and the waiter left scowling.

I recall as a very young teen in a very nice steakhouse, the waiter asking me if I needed A1 or other sauce for my steak. And my calmingly asking him if the chef thought the steak so poor would I NEED sauce? My dad was so proud, my mother was appalled and the waiter left scowling.

At a very nice steakhouse you shouldn't need to ask for anything. I was at Be Our Guest last week and was asked how I wanted my filet. I know they know how to cook it, so I said to do it however the chef recommends. I don't need to tell them how to cook a steak! If I were at Outback or something, I might express a preference.

I won't eat eggs.
I hate fancy restaurants with teeny-tiny portions with a big price tag.
I used to be embarrassed by my mom ordering a well done steak in a really nice steak place.I
I love White Castle!
I don't get the allure of In-and-Out (just put one in near me and the line goes on forever!)
I watch cooking shows and think.... yuck!

WaWa has the best coffee. I mix Hazelnut and Irish Cream coffee creamer together there sometimes, a trick known as a 'Nutty Irishman.'

This was clearly the hunger talking. A sandwich from Timmies is fine, and certainly just the right size for eating on the go, but it's not great. Their breakfast sandwich has improved immensely though, as they got rid of the premade yellow puck and now have a device that cracks and cooks eggs that are almost, but not quite, as good as the ones in a McMuffin.

I would give Burger King or KFC the title of worst fries, tbh.
Totally. And I have to be pretty darned hungry to eat there. I had the turkey club the PP was raving about the other day and it was sad. A hard (not dry, just weirdly hard) white bun with freezing cold (not just cool at a safe temperature - frigid icy cold) turkey, lettuce and tomato topped with two slices of tepid bacon that were immediately cooled to hardness. Seriously, they have to work to get it this bad. And how bad were those breakfast muffins to begin with if the much lauded transformation has only managed to improve them to slightly worse than McMuffins?!? Oh, and I also agree completely about the fries. Wendy's are good, A&W and McDonald's are OK.

And how bad were those breakfast muffins to begin with if the much lauded transformation has only managed to improve them to slightly worse than McMuffins?!? Oh, and I also agree completely about the fries. Wendy's are good, A&W and McDonald's are OK.
They were, again, fine if you're on the go and needed something to eat - for example, you're taking a road trip, it's early and it's on the way - or right at the Esso station you're gassing up at. But it's still a premade egg product, the english muffins were bad, and the bacon soggy (sausage was actually fine). By remedying the first two things (still need to double toast the muffins since they are still a bit soft otherwise), they improved the product immensely. Bacon is still an issue, which is why I stick with sausage.

As for McMuffins, they are (imo) the best thing on the McDonald's menu and even though it's a bit weird to have it with fries, I would get that as a dinner combo (do you still have all day breakfast in the US?) over a Big Mac or whatever.

They were, again, fine if you're on the go and needed something to eat - for example, you're taking a road trip, it's early and it's on the way - or right at the Esso station you're gassing up at. But it's still a premade egg product, the english muffins were bad, and the bacon soggy (sausage was actually fine). By remedying the first two things (still need to double toast the muffins since they are still a bit soft otherwise), they improved the product immensely. Bacon is still an issue, which is why I stick with sausage.

As for McMuffins, they are (imo) the best thing on the McDonald's menu and even though it's a bit weird to have it with fries, I would get that as a dinner combo (do you still have all day breakfast in the US?) over a Big Mac or whatever.
I'm in Calgary and yes, the basic McMuffins are available all day. DS is also ecstatic that the breakfast bagels have recently been returned to the menu - he's a big BLT bagel guy. They end at 11:00 though, along with the McGriddles.

This really depends on where you are. CFA in the south is just a fast food place while in the north they have crazy lines (due to limited locations). CFA is decent but no fast food is worth 20-30 minutes in a drive through line.
Weird. Everywhere I've been there's lots of CFAs and they always have super long lines. There are 4 within 15 minutes of me where I live right now and the lines always go out to the road, but of course, they always move super fast.

I'll one up that and say I put ice cubes in my white wine, and sometimes in my champagne too!
I'll admit that my DH puts ice into his red (sickly sweet, like grape juice) "wine".

I have a wine cellar with many very good bottles and he likes the $10 sweet red wine that I can buy in the 1.5L bottle.

He says that he doesn't like to chew his wine like I do.

I'll admit that my DH puts ice into his red (sickly sweet, like grape juice) "wine".

I have a wine cellar with many very good bottles and he likes the $10 sweet red wine that I can buy in the 1.5L bottle.

He says that he doesn't like to chew his wine like I do.
If I were him I'd switch to drinking sangrias.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter